hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have heard it as well taking English fans to Murrayfield in my Taxi.
    Heard what?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Heard what?
    Racist and Homophobic language. Try and follow the thread.

Utterly Disgraceful

Racist and Homophobic language. Try and follow the thread.
    Wow, touchy

So you heard someone being racist in a taxi who happened to be going to or coming from a rugby match? Not really the same as what we are talking about.

At rugby matches, you don’t hear people singing or chanting racist or homophobic songs, at football you do. You also don’t hear large groups of rugby fans singing racist or homophobic songs in a pub.

You might however, hear a guy being racist in a taxi. That guy might also like rugby. Thats not the same as what happens at football.

@hibs.net private member
    Wow, touchy

So you heard someone being racist in a taxi who happened to be going to or coming from a rugby match? Not really the same as what we are talking about.

At rugby matches, you don’t hear people singing or chanting racist or homophobic songs, at football you do. You also don’t hear large groups of rugby fans singing racist or homophobic songs in a pub.

You might however, hear a guy being racist in a taxi. That guy might also like rugby. Thats not the same as what happens at football.
    Didn't the fans say they are going to continue to sing swing low sweet chariot, even though its slavery origins have been highlighted and black players said they would prefer they didn't

Wow, touchy

I was making the point that I have heard these comments and have heard from bar staff of inappropriate songs being sung by Rugby fans in their pubs.
    It seems that sport is used as an excuse for people to behave like idiots.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 05-08-2022 at 01:05 PM.

I was making the point that I have heard these comments and have heard from bar staff of inappropriate songs being sung by Rugby fans in their pubs.
    It seems that sport is used as an excuse for people to behave like idiots.
    Rugby has it's own faction of neds, it's just they're posh neds, exchange the Bucky for fancy beers but still use coke and there you have it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Enough of the rugby chat.

And please to god nobody call it “Twickers” again. Boggin.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Don't get your twickers in a nist.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Wow, touchy

Must be a rugby forum somewhere for this pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whataboutery isn't the answer here. We can only act on what Hibs fans do and there is evidence that self policing among our fanbase works. Certainly songs that were once heard far more frequently fairly recently have been quietly dropped. Thinking back further there are songs that were once terrace classics that never hear the light of day now, maybe in small groups away from the ground but never en masse.

I do understand the frustrations though. Not so much with The Sun. They are gutter press and this kind of thing is easy pickings for them. My issue is with Nil By Mouth raising their head above the parapet, that's purely because it's 'only Hibs' and we are an easy target to make a point and push the NBM agenda. An organisation wholly unfit for purpose that is scared of Rangers as both a fanbase and and entity so attempts to create a narrative of equilibrium where it doesn't exist.

Secondly has talking at rather than to young guys ever worked? 'You are not real Hibs fans' doesn't seem the best way to make the point to them imo. It's daft young lads trying to push boundaries, shock and appear edgy. Most will grow out of it fairly quickly and the ones who don't will end up in real bother soon enough. It's not a new thing, much like moaning about players, social media has just given it a wider audience. How many people of an older vintage would have been filmed singing something broadly similar about Wallace Mercer dying of cancer or about Rudi Skacel had smartphones been more widespread in 2006? Guilty m'lud, certainly with regards the former.

It's not a good look for us as a club and it's something that has to be addressed. I'm genuinely not sure how you go about that. A few bans may be forthcoming if the perpetrators can be identified but that doesn't really sort the long term problem.
    What a fabulous post. Saved me reading through all the knee jerk nonsense that those incidents tend to induce.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Guessing you don't see the tongue in cheek swipe I attempted to take at the engerlund rugger types there?

Many do refer to "twickers" that way, only affectionately.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby