hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Jack Ross love in continues from wee Mike Stewart and Co. Not a mention of the comedy defending against them today. If that had been us that display would have been ripped to shreds
    We’ve got Hibs fans on here desperate to see him do well at Dundee United despite the fact it would make our job of finishing where we want to more difficult.

It’s no surprise then that his pals want him to do well. Thankfully the guy is pretty good at failing so we’ll no doubt see more of the same at DU.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Miller brutal on the comments after the highlights. No pen for Hibs. 1st sending off "clipped his heels" when it's obviously, visibly high. 1st Hibs goal, all about what Rangers did wrong even though we carved them open. Stewart at 2nd goal insinuating that 2nd Hibs goal wouldn't have happened with 10 men still on the park. Even the wife is having a giggle.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Miller brutal on the comments after the highlights. No pen for Hibs. 1st sending off "clipped his heels" when it's obviously, visibly high. 1st Hibs goal, all about what Rangers did wrong even though we carved them open. Stewart at 2nd goal insinuating that 2nd Hibs goal wouldn't have happened with 10 men still on the park. Even the wife is having a giggle.

Clipped his heels

Look how far away from the ball he is too

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 20-08-2022 at 08:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Clipped his heels

Absolute shocker of a tackle.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I think the Sportscene comments were fair. They said shouldnt have been a pen to Huns, Tavernier on Rocky's more of a pen, Lundstram should have been a yellow and Morelos clear red. All fair points after seeing the highlights.

At the time I thought Lundstrams was a red and I can see why Collum gave it as his leg was so high. I've seen worse fouls get yellows - Cochrane v McGinn and Stevie May on Boyle that def should have been reds, so happy to see the red today.

But, by the way, the 2 Ross County challenges that only got yellows v Killie? Absolute shockers, both were far worse than Lundstrams. Refs clearly not all on the same page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    We’ve got Hibs fans on here desperate to see him do well at Dundee United despite the fact it would make our job of finishing where we want to more difficult.

It’s no surprise then that his pals want him to do well. Thankfully the guy is pretty good at failing so we’ll no doubt see more of the same at DU.
    Ironically, if DU had done better today, it would have prevented us falling behind lowly St Mirren. But that doesn’t matter as long as it puts Jack Ross in his place. Keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ironically, if DU had done better today, it would have prevented us falling behind lowly St Mirren. But that doesn’t matter as long as it puts Jack Ross in his place. Keep an eye on the bigger picture.
    Some spin there. Well played

@hibs.net private member

Miller slavering some pish about GVB & Martindale showing remarkable restraint regarding referees

If we get the first penalty, everything else becomes a moot point because the outcome of the penalty would change the direction of the match.

They are beyond petrified to criticise or condemn anything to do with either of the west coast clowns for fear of the pile on that comes their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I think the Sportscene comments were fair. They said shouldnt have been a pen to Huns, Tavernier on Rocky's more of a pen, Lundstram should have been a yellow and Morelos clear red. All fair points after seeing the highlights.

At the time I thought Lundstrams was a red and I can see why Collum gave it as his leg was so high. I've seen worse fouls get yellows - Cochrane v McGinn and Stevie May on Boyle that def should have been reds, so happy to see the red today.

But, by the way, the 2 Ross County challenges that only got yellows v Killie? Absolute shockers, both were far worse than Lundstrams. Refs clearly not all on the same page.
    The bit that got me furious was the equivalence that Miller gave between the Livingston Motherwell penalty and the Lundstrom red. Both managers showed ‘remarkable restraint’ for ‘ridiculous decisions’, apparently.

Miller is a Hun prick

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The bit that got me furious was the equivalence that Miller gave between the Livingston Motherwell penalty and the Lundstrom red. Both managers showed ‘remarkable restraint’ for ‘ridiculous decisions’, apparently.
    I missed Miller saying that. What a ridiculous comparison from him!

Its funny how all the ex hun pundits were adamant Porto's challenge on Aribo last season where he actually wins the ball and doesnt touch the player was worth a jail sentence but Lundstrams was just a cheeky wee clip of the heels

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Miller is a Hun prick
    Aye, he has been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I missed Miller saying that. What a ridiculous comparison from him!

Its funny how all the ex hun pundits were adamant Porto's challenge on Aribo last season where he actually wins the ball and doesnt touch the player was worth a jail sentence but Lundstrams was just a cheeky wee clip of the heels
    I know, when you look back and compare some of these incidents, and then hear the pundits doing their usual, banging on about 'all im looking for is consistency' from refs Refs are a model of consistency compared to the handpicked idiots in the studios.

I know, when you look back and compare some of these incidents, and then hear the pundits doing their usual, banging on about 'all im looking for is consistency' from refs Refs are a model of consistency compared to the handpicked idiots in the studios.
    Sportsound spent more time of the Ross Co v Killie live commentary talking about the decisions in our match than just focussing on commentating on the match they were watching. It seemed like every decision was benchmarked against Collum's. That said,from what someone posted on another thread, Ross Callachan's 1st yellow was a much more obvious red the Lundstram's though I haven't seen it yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Sportsound spent more time of the Ross Co v Killie live commentary talking about the decisions in our match than just focussing on commentating on the match they were watching. It seemed like every decision was benchmarked against Collum's. That said,from what someone posted on another thread, Ross Callachan's 1st yellow was a much more obvious red the Lundstram's though I haven't seen it yet myself.
    It was a shocker.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It was a shocker.
    I've no idea how he only got a yellow for that, one of the worst fouls I've seen in a long time. Straight red all day long.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Clipped his heels

In the side on view you get a better idea of how far away from the ball he is.

For me the key difference between in and JDH's is that JDH at least had a chance to get the ball, without having to go through the player to get it (Remember's Porteous's red v Aberdeen). Lundstram's was never about trying to get the ball.

In fact, if the rules say going through a player and getting the ball is a red (no doubting Porteous's was correctly a red), then how can cleaning someone out on purpose, from behind, at full speed, with a knee high tackle and no attempt at the ball even be up for debate? If the rules aren't clear enough that it's a red all day long then they need to be amended.

Michael Stewart has noticeably turned more Jambo in the the last year, since Hearts improved on the total sh**e they've been for years.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    If Porteous makes the challenge Lundstram does or swings his arm like fat Alfredo there would’ve been wall to wall coverage and a character assassination continuing right through to the next game. Quite the difference in how these incidents are being covered.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Clipped his heels

Yip, a lunge, out of control, knee height so an absolute stone wall red card. Mikey Stewart and Kenny Miller making an @rse of themselves there.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Michael Stewart has noticeably turned more Jambo in the the last year, since Hearts improved on the total sh**e they've been for years.
    Showing his true colours just like every jambo I know coming out of the woodwork

Normal service to return today

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Showing his true colours just like every jambo I know coming out of the woodwork

Normal service to return today
    I have to admit I still quite like Mikey Stewart. He was a good player for us and hasn’t joined in the worst of the media pileins on us. Generally speaks more sense than most.

Gamer IDs

I honestly can't believe anyone would questions Lundstram's red card. There's not a chance in hell he can get the ball and his only thought is cleaning Boyle out. It's cheating and a red.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I have to admit I still quite like Mikey Stewart. He was a good player for us and hasn’t joined in the worst of the media pileins on us. Generally speaks more sense than most.
    Agree

I wonder where the line is between a professional foul and vient conduct. If you have no Intention of playing the ball all you are doing is kicking an opponent,
    Last edited by Helensburghhibs; 21-08-2022 at 09:59 AM.

BBC getting a bit of kudos for balance here because they are saying that the Rangers penalty was soft.....I am struggling to see how it was even a foul! The touch is so soft and so quick, it was a dive! The panel should be slating the Rangers player for hitting the ground. There is a Miller comment I just don't get either, 'its a foul but not sure if its a penalty'.....well its in the box so if its a foul its a penalty!!!
    There is the weight of discussion as well. The first red got a lot of attention, far more than any other incident.....Rangers got a penalty! They scored from it to go in at HT 1-0, that is by far more of a game changing decision.....and it was a shocker.
    The second red might not have been ignored and everyone agreed it was the right decision.....but that needed more analysis. It was an absolute shocker and I hope when the suspensions are handed out that this is taken into consideration. That was a deliberate strike to the face of an opponent by a player with a lot of previous.
    The conclusion I get from listening to the pundits is that Rangers only got a draw because one red card should have been yellow. The conclusion I get from the highlights is that Hibs were denied a penalty and had a non-penalty awarded against us. In the second half Rangers lost it a bit as Hibs put pressure on them and ended up getting two players sent off. Was the first a red? I've seen plenty of yellows given for similar but I've also seen reds for less....its not that controversial.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    I wonder where the line is between a professional foul and vient conduct. If you have no I te toon of playing the ball all you are doing is kicking an opponent,
    Completely agree and I'll never understand the term 'professional foul' they were talking about it on Sportscene as well. It's cheating and it should be a red card every time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    It can only be a good thing that it has been appealed.
    It will be checked again and again.
    If it is upheld then shhhh rfc.
    If it is reversed then the players will have to watch out for similar tackles being legal.
    Fully expect his match ban to be extended in the event that the sending off is upheld

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Agree
    Kind of obvious that he has "been telt " what the rules are though after his Rangers comments.

There is another conclusion I take from yesterday.....if you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision for Rangers, the media will understand and see why it was given. If you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision against Rangers, it will be a shocker and your competence will be questioned. Referees, you gonna send a Rangers player off it had better be an absolute stone waller with no mitigating circumstances.