hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenneh

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Generally I thought he’d been poor. He was ok v St J but I thought he was really poor in alot of the league cup games. So overall, I thought he’d generally been quite poor so far.
    You are right he was very poor in the league cup games, particularly v Bonnyrigg and Morton.

Today was his best game for us, and he did much better than I thought he would based on his previous performances. That said I think the jury is still out and I'm struggling to understand some of the superlatives on here. Eg lost a 60 40 in his favour today v Shankland and think he needs to be much better on the ball.

2. Log in to remove the advert

More positives then negatives for me. Think he also gives the centre halves a wee bit confidence.

Sure he gives the ball away a few times a match but he bursts a gut to win it back. Young laddie, still raw in places. Will only get better

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KdyHby View Post
    An admirable, switched on young man.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Teams aren't getting the same space on counter attacks against us so far. Last season there was gaping holes behind JDH. I think a lot of the good play Kenneh does won't always be obvious when watching.

Kennah's role will forever be one of thee most unglamorous but critical roles in our style of play.

The guy was brilliant yesterday, watch the game back and just watch him.

We'll only ever know just how pivotal he is until he's gone, much like a certain Mr Bartley...

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Opening half hour especially I thought he was winning everything. I don’t really buy into the whole unseen work stuff but yesterday was a game I would have expected him to play well in and he did.

It will be interesting to see how his game adapts against teams where we are on top for the majority of it.

No player in the spfl has had more tackles, interceptions and recoveries so far than Kenneh...taken from the official website, impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Cuikyhibs View Post
    No player in the spfl has had more tackles, interceptions and recoveries so far than Kenneh...taken from the official website, impressive
    Only 19. Very impressive.

I like him,hopefully improves each game

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Lovely fellow too

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Early days but I reckon this lad has real potential - think we have got a diamond here myself

Already making a mark in a position that takes real maturity and only 19

Exactly why we brought him onboard.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I have no doubt he’s got massive potential in the future way beyond this league. Enjoy him when he’s here. It’s the calmness about him that impressed me the most.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I have no doubt he’s got massive potential in the future way beyond this league. Enjoy him when he’s here. It’s the calmness about him that impressed me the most.
    For a 19 year old he's very chilled. It's easy to forget how old he is whilst you're at the game as there's a lot more on your mind, and maybe because he just looks a player beyond his years.

Hope he kicks on as we could have a very good prospect on our hands.

A few of the Leeds fans I know were disappointed he left. Rated him pretty highly. Had a lot of players in his position in front of him, including Phillips so wasn't likely to get much game time so backed himself and his ability and went elsewhere for football.

How long is his contract?

Leeds will be trying to get him back at this rate.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Good to know - do you have a link to that detail, like much of the SPFL website I am struggling to find anything apart from the top line "scorers, cards" bit?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Good to know - do you have a link to that detail, like much of the SPFL website I am struggling to find anything apart from the top line "scorers, cards" bit?
    Hibs put it on social media. It’s on instagram, may well be on others.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Hibs put it on social media. It’s on instagram, may well be on others.
    Cheers, hadnt spotted that............spending too much time rewatching Boyles goal

Thought Kenneh was great yesterday. Got caught under the ball at the Shankland goal but that was more on the 2 centre backs going awol and him having to cover.

Was an interesting observation aswell though regarding the Kenneh/JDH substitution. Some bumping of gums JDH coming on chasing a goal instead of an attacking sub however it gave us more foward passing from deep - Kenneh 16 passes in 80 mins and JDH 14 passes in 10 mins, including 1 through ball. Played a big part in the last 10 min press

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Wasn't too impressed pre-season, coming onto a game now.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    He’s Rolls Royce

King Kenneh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Wasn't too impressed pre-season, coming onto a game now.
    Needed time to settle in. Like our other signings

At 19 moving to a new league with new players and new manager I wasn't surprised when it took him a while to get going. Keep forgetting he's only 19 when I watch him play

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    At 19 moving to a new league with new players and new manager I wasn't surprised when it took him a while to get going. Keep forgetting he's only 19 when I watch him play
    Exactly add the fact he's never actually played professional football before, only under 23, only made the bench as an unused sub on matchday I think like 10 times i read.

Saw flashes in pre season but since the leagues started and he must be getting more used to the system we play, players around him, playing against grown men/professional players each week he has been great since the start of the league.

Watching him against hearts when they had a player driving forward a few times, which last season would have went through us or out to mckay or through to a striker, but he times it perfectly ti either intercept the play or challenge that player, get up back up with the ball at his feet then playing it to one of our players, same the week before.

Last season they probably would have resulted in goals or atleast chances, makes a big difference and like you say only 19 only his second game in a professional league and he looks so composed out there like he been here for years. He aint a striker or a flashy winger but does his job and does it well, has a decent pass on him when he does attempt a decent ball too, won'r score many I don't think but he will prevent a a lot of chances which could lead to goals.

I googled to see how long he's with us, with him getting used to being a pro in a proper league only two games in, unless something happens he's just going to get better and better so hopefully its a decent contract.

Testimonial Due
    I'm not seeing it yet, personally. He always seems to be stretching for everything and never really in control. Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

I think the difference having him in there is very noticeable, he seems to have great positioning for his age and pops up winning the ball all over the place.

There’s room for improvement of course, especially on the ball but it’s been a really good start.

If he was get a bit more quality in us touch and passing what a player we’ll have. A lot of it could be nerves, he’s went from playing 23s football to Sunday in front of a full Easter road.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I was quite worried when in I saw him in pre-season and the League Cup games but he’s been really good in the two league games. Maybe goes to ground a bit often when he could stay on his feet and distribute it once he’s won the ball.