hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenneh

Kenneh

Don’t want to over board with a thread about each individual player after a last minute winner over St Johnstone but wanted to give him a mention as I’ve not seen his name mentioned.

Thought that was his best game for us by a mile and looked a lot more composed and assumed in possession.

Defensively he was very good and wins the ball back a hell of alot, also had a great last ditch tackle to prevent a certain goal in the second half.

I was a bit sceptical in pre season/league cup games and it’s still early days but he can take alot of confidence from that today. Hallberg, Davidson etc are anything but easy players to play against or impose yourself on and he done it very well.

Well done Nohan and hopefully he continues to improve.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t want to over board with a thread about each individual player after a last minute winner over St Johnstone but wanted to give him a mention as I’ve not seen his name mentioned.

Thought that was his best game for us by a mile and looked a lot more composed and assumed in possession.

Defensively he was very good and wins the ball back a hell of alot, also had a great last ditch tackle to prevent a certain goal in the second half.

I was a bit sceptical in pre season/league cup games and it’s still early days but he can take alot of confidence from that today. Hallberg, Davidson etc are anything but easy players to play against or impose yourself on and he done it very well.

Well done Nohan and hopefully he continues to improve.
    I agree. I definitely looked a lot better today and seems to be adjusting to the pace of the game up here and settling in. I think given a run of games in the league he will begin to show what he is all about and be a real asset

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Rolls Royce.

What a player he could develop in to.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    The most shocking thing about him is how young he is, lots of potential, hope he gets the chance develop as much as possible.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Kept it simple, won it, passed it short.

Perfect

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Thought he was decent at the defensive stuff which I suppose is his main role. When we were all over them in the second half I thought he was quite slow in getting the ball moving and JDH made a difference in that when replacing him. Would definitely be starting Kenneh next week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Thought he was decent at the defensive stuff which I suppose is his main role. When we were all over them in the second half I thought he was quite slow in getting the ball moving and JDH made a difference in that when replacing him. Would definitely be starting Kenneh next week though.
    Think we’ll see JDH start next week in place of Tavares and push Henderson out to the left.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope he’s just fooling people with his shooting and he’s actually going to put one in the top corner against Hearts next week.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Perfect
    Clarosesque...The Leeds Pitbull!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    I hope he’s just fooling people with his shooting and he’s actually going to put one in the top corner against Hearts next week.
    I can’t understand why we have him in that position just outside the box from corners etc. Someone like Melkerson would hit the ball much sweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I can’t understand why we have him in that position just outside the box from corners etc. Someone like Melkerson would hit the ball much sweeter
    Think that’s the issue, I’d personally prefer someone like Melkersen in the box pouncing on any scraps.

Cabraja/Henderson etc on the edge would be a good option though imo if they’re not taking the corner

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Thought he was ok, clearly still finding his feet but no major issue today

Looked a million times better today than any of the LC games. He'll need to be on it next week if we are to win the midfield battle. He certainly won't be found wanting for effort.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Perfect
    Looks like Johnson is still working on undoing the Maloney philosophy and we’re seeing the impact that’s having on players like Rocky, Campbell and JDH. Simple instructions, simple roles and all the better performances to go with it.

Kenneh may be a new signing but he’ll fit in nicely with that philosophy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Early days but definitely looking decent and should only get better the more he trains and plays and the team gel. Give us a good bit of prescence in that area and should help stopping other teams midfields run all over us like they have the last year or so.

Henderson looked good last season with some of the balls he played etc, reads the game well too. He looks a lot physically stronger and thats going to help him. Think we're going to have a decent season and play some fast exciting football with some of the new additions too.

New boy at LB was all over the place and looked great considering he'd basically just arrived and been thrown straight in. Thought he was going to be good but wasn't sure if we were going to start him today or not but can see why we did, only one game but definitely looks good.

He’s quality. Our best signing of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He’s quality. Our best signing of the season.
    Not based on performances so far, not to say he wont be but not a chance he has been the best so far

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    Not based on performances so far, not to say he wont be but not a chance he has been the best so far
    He’s not had poor game yet. Some people appear to be a bit obsessed about how often he makes a poor pass yet our final third players make poor passes about half the time. He’s a DM and already better than anything we have had for years.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    The young man deserves the plaudits tonight! I haven't been overly impressed with him so far but he was fantastic today. Never ever shy of putting a challenge in, I love that.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    He did save an almost certain St Johnstone goal with being really switched on 2nd half too

Only 19 too - has massive potential

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thought he was outstanding today , probably our best player . Even in LC games where some criticised him I thought he was good . Does a lot of good stuff as well as covering for mistakes of teammates . Obviously he`s not played against strong opposition yet and he`s still very young but I think he could turn out to be a fantastic signing in terms of helping us in coming months and years ( hopefully ) and sell on ( don`t like saying it but that is reality ) . From what I`ve seen of him so far , recruitment team deserve a lot of praise . We`ve had lots of young players from big English clubs on loan or after they`ve been released and very few if any have made a big impact with us or their following clubs . Not quite sure yet why he ended up with us but hopefully it`s because our recruitment team identified him early and went the extra mile ( and pound obviously ) to persuade him to join us .

I said a few weeks back, I don’t think some people are seeing what he does that allows others around him to play a bit more freely. Newell for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He’s not had poor game yet. Some people appear to be a bit obsessed about how often he makes a poor pass yet our final third players make poor passes about half the time. He’s a DM and already better than anything we have had for years.
    He also hasnt had a game yet where he has stood out amd made you think wow what a player, so cant say he is the best signing we have made so far this summer. Not to say he wont be and hopefully he will be but he hasnt been the best so far

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    He also hasnt had a game yet where he has stood out amd made you think wow what a player, so cant say he is the best signing we have made so far this summer. Not to say he wont be and hopefully he will be but he hasnt been the best so far
    He had a good game today. Kenneh playing well means we notice him as little as possible. He's not meant to stand out and make you think wow what a player, he's meant to quietly go about his business. That's how a defensive mid plays

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    He had a good game today. Kenneh playing well means we notice him as little as possible. He's not meant to stand out and make you think wow what a player, he's meant to quietly go about his business. That's how a defensive mid plays
    Nah sorry if he has a good game he will be noticed, plenty of them do, bartley was always praised amd notoced after a good game, kenneh played ok today, but to suggest if he plays well we dont notice him is wrong, again only my opinion and hope he turns out to be a cracking signing

I can't actually believe this. Amazing what a last minute goal can do. He done absolutely nothing, we created nowt. He never helped in terms is an attacking threat and in truth he wasn't really needed against a crap St.Johnstone. He would have been the first player hooked if I was manager, and in my opinion Johnson's subs were pointless and he got away with one. Much better needed going forward. We never created a proper chance. Worrying as expected.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    I can't actually believe this. Amazing what a last minute goal can do. He done absolutely nothing, we created nowt. He never helped in terms is an attacking threat and in truth he wasn't really needed against a crap St.Johnstone. He would have been the first player hooked if I was manager, and in my opinion Johnson's subs were pointless and he got away with one. Much better needed going forward. We never created a proper chance. Worrying as expected.

Jesus H Christ

Pointless subs right enough

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Pointless subs apart from bringing the guy on who scored the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Jesus H Christ

Pointless subs right enough

He's a tactical genius then? A set piece and body's in the box, it's a numbers game..his subs were wild, bringing off 2 attackers and keeping Kenneh on the park wasn't the answer. And there's no way the goal was Campbell's either.