hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't imagine doing conditioning over a longer period is that unusual for someone with his injury history and prolonged period out - Infact Nisbet is already doing pitch based conditioning and isn't expected back for a few months yet (minimum)

Basically saying he is expected to rejoin the group over the next 2 weeks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Nisbet is also doing individual ball work and he’s been due to come back in November all along. Nisbet has had a cruciate ligament injury as well, as far as everyone is aware there’s been nothing close to that serious with Magennis, that’s why it would be good to know what’s actually wrong. He was back doing rehab stuff before the season started, I’d assume there must have been a set back but it doesn’t sound like there has.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Not really on the Magennis front.

He’s trained for 2 months with no mention of any setbacks but isn’t yet ready to train with the team but may be by the end of the month, he also may not be. Once he is, he’ll need more training which will need to be managed in terms of intensity and volume and he’ll also need bounce games.

Doesn’t really give us any idea of a potential time scale for getting him on the pitch really but with the World Cup break 3 months away it looks like we’ll see very little if any of him before that. So we definitely need someone in to replace him.
    Not like you to be so pessimistic

Pretty typical of this board overall that people moan about not hearing anything and then moan about the content of the update.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Basically:

Bushiri, Campbell: Imminent
    Melkersen, Mitchell, Stevenson: Soon
    Magennis, McGeady, Nisbet: Ages

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't imagine doing conditioning over a longer period is that unusual for someone with his injury history and prolonged period out - Infact Nisbet is already doing pitch based conditioning and isn't expected back for a few months yet (minimum)

Basically saying he is expected to rejoin the group over the next 2 weeks

Nisbet has been telling people I know that he won't be back playing until after the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Pretty typical of this board overall that people moan about not hearing anything and then moan about the content of the update.
    A bit unfair. Some of these players have disappeared off the face of the earth for a while multiple times. Given we are paying their wages don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask what is going on.

Across the board there repeatedly appears to be setbacks to many of these players whilst coming back to fitness. Not blaming the player but it is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Nisbet has been telling people I know that he won't be back playing until after the World Cup.
    Yeah given his injury makes sense to keep him fresh for after the break.

@hibs.net private member
    The season is due to pause after our game on 12th November so would guess what you’ve been told is about right

@hibs.net private member

What’s the optimistic version then?

We’ve been having a shocker with injuries for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsGW View Post
    I’d say well done for the positive intent to keep people informed but the statement leaves you with just as many or more questions than before. As you say, what actually is his injury? Why has he been training alone doing only conditioning for 2 months without any setbacks?
    Think was always the issue, it’s a damned if they do damned if they don’t.

They were never going to give specific details about the injuries imo

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Basically:

Bushiri, Campbell: Imminent
    Melkersen, Mitchell, Stevenson: Soon
    Magennis, McGeady, Nisbet: Ages
    That's how I read it as well, I highly doubt we'll see anything of McGeady or Nisbet before the world cup and I have to say reading between the lines I have little confidence we'll see anything of Magennis before next season.

Of all the injured players Mitchell must be the most exasperating, it seems to be one niggling injury after another, hamstrings, muscle strains, ankle knocks, etc, etc ... yet in a year and a half at Blackpool prior to joining us he managed 45 first team appearances .... what were they doing at Blackpool that we aren't or he isn't?

The next annoyance is Nisbet, but not through any of his doing. I don't know if his injury would have happened anyway, but the game he was injured in was against Celtic, a game where an overly lenient ref had allowed them to get away with a series of heavy fouls without producing a card, it had the crowd up in arms at the time as we awaited the inevitable Hibs booking for our first foul.
    The Celtic fouls continued until Nisbet was clattered on the half way line, that did produce a booking but by then the damage was done. In all honesty I was surprised Hibs didn't have something to say about it at the time. There's no doubt in my mind that the ref's failure to book any of their players prior to Nisbet's injury was at least indirectly a contributory factor to him getting hurt.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 17-08-2022 at 01:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    We’ve been having a shocker with injuries for quite some time now.
    I’ve said it previously but you wonder if questions should be asked of the backroom staff - medical/sports science etc.

Why are we getting so many injuries? Do we train to often? At to high an intensity? Are the players doing the right things for recovery? Should certain players be able to train less often?

And once the players get injured, why do some of them take so long to come back? Is their rehab as it should be? We had Magennis get injured and about 2 months later Hibs came out and said they didn’t even know what was wrong with him. Why had we not got to the bottom of it by that point?

It may be just rotten bad luck. But at this level of football, at a company turning over 8 figures a year, such significant issues should never just be instantly put down to bad luck (that’s not to say that’s what we’re doing btw).

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Think was always the issue, it’s a damned if they do damned if they don’t.

They were never going to give specific details about the injuries imo
    Too many people have been conditioned by football manager and FIFA etc to think that when a player gets an injury, there will be a specific set date in the future when they’ll return to full fitness. The reality is rehab from serious injury is a multi-stage process and how quickly a player moves through those stages will be determined by how their body reacts to the increasing workload put on them and whether or not any set backs occur. Of course, the players and staff responsible will have a best case scenario timeline they hope to get back by but as we have experienced with previous set backs, trying to predict anything to far into the future results in heightened expectations and ultimately disappointment.

Delighted Rocky is avaliable. Something i thought i'd never say last season.

Sounds about right. He was only ever going to rush it back if Scotland had qualified. Now that we haven't he can do the equivalent of a proper pre-season at a lower risk.

What’s the optimistic version then?
    Magennis back training in 2 weeks and could be playing by start of October

I doubt we will push him that hard After international break seems the better option assuming he doesn’t breakdown at some point
    Anything before that would be a bonus

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I’ve said it previously but you wonder if questions should be asked of the backroom staff - medical/sports science etc.

Why are we getting so many injuries? Do we train to often? At to high an intensity? Are the players doing the right things for recovery? Should certain players be able to train less often?

And once the players get injured, why do some of them take so long to come back? Is their rehab as it should be? We had Magennis get injured and about 2 months later Hibs came out and said they didn’t even know what was wrong with him. Why had we not got to the bottom of it by that point?

It may be just rotten bad luck. But at this level of football, at a company turning over 8 figures a year, such significant issues should never just be instantly put down to bad luck (that’s not to say that’s what we’re doing btw).
    It depends on the type of injuries they are, you'd need to collate a list of all the players that have been injured in the last year, how they were injured, what type of injury it was and what their history of injury was in that area before it.

I know lots of stats are available but not sure about injury stats, is anyone keeping track of that?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Too many people have been conditioned by football manager and FIFA etc to think that when a player gets an injury, there will be a specific set date in the future when they’ll return to full fitness. The reality is rehab from serious injury is a multi-stage process and how quickly a player moves through those stages will be determined by how their body reacts to the increasing workload put on them and whether or not any set backs occur. Of course, the players and staff responsible will have a best case scenario timeline they hope to get back by but as we have experienced with previous set backs, trying to predict anything to far into the future results in heightened expectations and ultimately disappointment.
    Hibs haven’t ever indicated that Magennis had a serious injury which is probably the main reason his unavailability is so frustrating. He was 2 weeks away, then he was still 2 weeks away, then he just vanished for almost a year.

After the World Cup break more like...assumming nobody sneezes near him and purs him back 3 months🙃

Have you seen the timber he needs to shift as well?

Call me a doom and gloomer, but I’d be budgeting on getting zero from Nisbet, McGeady, Magennis and Mitchell this season. They’re all going to be either injured or a “returning from injury shadow of themselves” version at best. Or maybe picking up another injury after they get over these injuries.

If we get more from any of them it should be considered to be a bonus.

Based on that, we build a squad accordingly.

In my opinion, based on getting lucky with further injuries, we’re a CH, a CM and a CF off having a squad that will compete for top 6.
    Last edited by Smartie; 17-08-2022 at 06:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    In short the two guys we really could do with being fit are still a couple of months away from team training. Magennis and Nisbet.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    In short the two guys we really could do with being fit are still a couple of months away from team training. Magennis and Nisbet.
    Basically yip.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Have you seen the timber he needs to shift as well?
    Wish I was carrying 'the timber' he is

Quote Originally Posted by HibsGW View Post
    I’d say well done for the positive intent to keep people informed but the statement leaves you with just as many or more questions than before. As you say, what actually is his injury? Why has he been training alone doing only conditioning for 2 months without any setbacks?
    Maybe he has some kind of muscle imbalance which is the root cause of his injuries and that imbalance needs to be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Call me a doom and gloomer, but I’d be budgeting on getting zero from Nisbet, McGeady, Magennis and Mitchell this season. They’re all going to be either injured or a “returning from injury shadow of themselves” version at best. Or maybe picking up another injury after they get over these injuries.

If we get more from any of them it should be considered to be a bonus.

Based on that, we build a squad accordingly.

In my opinion, based on getting lucky with further injuries, we’re a CH, a CM and a CF off having a squad that will compete for top 6.
    Think we will see a fair bit of Nisbet but pretty concerned by the rest especially in a key position of creativity where Magennis should be playing, really think we are very short of what we need there.

Wish I was carrying 'the timber' he is

That was months ago 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    That was months ago
    What and you think he will look worse after months of training than he does on his summer holidays?

Where’s your proof he needs to shift some timber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    What and you think he will look worse after months of training than he does on his summer holidays?

Where’s your proof he needs to shift some timber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He’s bought a shed ftom ikea