hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Where will Hibs finish in the league?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

3 1.75%
  • 2nd

2 1.17%
  • 3rd

19 11.11%
  • 4th

26 15.20%
  • 5th

45 26.32%
  • 6th

24 14.04%
  • 7th

18 10.53%
  • 8th

12 7.02%
  • 9th

9 5.26%
  • 10th

8 4.68%
  • 11th

3 1.75%
  • 12th

2 1.17%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bojang was signed from a Gambian club but was playing in Portugal. We've also signed Youan.
    Ok, Bojang was signed from a Gambian club, albeit that he been playing on loan for half a season for FC Famalicão B side. I'm not sure that adds a great deal to my confidence in his ability to play and score in the SPFL.

Youan is a forward, or is he? He has played a career total of 58 first team games and managed 11 goals. Less inexperienced, with a 1 in 5 strike rate. Promising, maybe, I still feel we will struggle to score goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Ok, Bojang was signed from a Gambian club, albeit that he been playing on loan for half a season for FC Famalicão B side. I'm not sure that adds a great deal to my confidence in his ability to play and score in the SPFL.

Youan is a forward, or is he? He has played a career total of 58 first team games and managed 11 goals. Less inexperienced, with a 1 in 5 strike rate. Promising, maybe, I still feel we will struggle to score goals.
    Agree with your last sentence. I don’t see anything in this squad to suggest we’re not going to struggle for goals again which is really just a bit grim.

My heart says 3rd, my head says 10th.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Sat on the fence with a 6th.

Really don’t have any inkling as to how we will fare, as what we have seen so far has been some very good, as in the training camp matches and Norwich friendly along with a great first half v Clyde. We’ve also seen some very bad, and that Cup exit and team line ups and performance was very alarming.

Will be great if we are competing up the top end for 3rd but I need further encouragement from the team to suggest that’s a possibility. Tomorrow will give us a good indication.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    i steered clear of this thread for obvious reasons. Usual suspects have us fighting relegation. The tarts are world beaters, Aberdeen are back to the Fergie glory days, Dundee Utd are signing big and will be magic like wee Jim was in charge. But most importantly Hibs are pish!! Add in that clearly Motherwell, St Mirren and St Johnstone are clearly better than us then **** me why do we bother. lets also not forget the powerhouses that are Livi and Rossco we are doomed!!!!

4th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    i steered clear of this thread for obvious reasons. Usual suspects have us fighting relegation. The tarts are world beaters, Aberdeen are back to the Fergie glory days, Dundee Utd are signing big and will be magic like wee Jim was in charge. But most importantly Hibs are pish!! Add in that clearly Motherwell, St Mirren and St Johnstone are clearly better than us then **** me why do we bother. lets also not forget the powerhouses that are Livi and Rossco we are doomed!!!!

4th!!!
    Aye, let's ignore all attempts at discussion because that's really what people are saying right enough. In terms of why bother, ask yourself that in terms of why post gash like this?

@hibs.net private member

4th!!!
    You could have saved a hell of a lot of time by just saying you don’t like people having a different opinion to you..
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 29-07-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Aye, let's ignore all attempts at discussion because that's really what people are saying right enough. In terms of why bother, ask yourself that in terms of why post gash like this?
    whatever. Folk have actually said we'll be 10th and 11th. Sone even have us being relegated!! Honestly that is just bull****. And im not trying to stop discussion, ive never said folk cant say it, just think its nonsense and the same folk constantly talking up other clubs and talking ours down

@hibs.net private member
    whatever. Folk have actually said we'll be 10th and 11th. Sone even have us being relegated!! Honestly that is just bull****. And im not trying to stop discussion, ive never said folk cant say it, just think its nonsense and the same folk constantly talking up other clubs and talking ours down
    Why is it anymore ‘bull****’ than your opinion that we’ll finish 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    You could have saved a hell of a lot of time by just saying you don’t like people having a different opinion to you.

Also, I’ve seen very few, if any posts suggesting we’ll be fighting relegation.
    another one making **** up. Ive not said i dont like folk having different opinions to me. Knock yourself out, i really couldnt give a flying one. I just cant get my head round the constant need to big up every other club and play down ours

Why is it anymore ‘bull****’ than your opinion that we’ll finish 4th?
    so you think we'll get relegated?

another one making **** up. Ive not said i dont like folk having different opinions to me. Knock yourself out, i really couldnt give a flying one. I just cant get my head round the constant need to big up every other club and play down ours
    Another one making things up, stop it.

I think you should read the thread again. Not seeing much bigging other clubs up really.

Maybe you could offer your prediction and say why you think the team will finish in that position. That's how forums usually work.

@hibs.net private member
    so you think we'll get relegated?
    Did I say I do?

I don’t think we’ll get relegated. I don’t think we’ll finish 4th either though. And I can’t say I think any of the predictions on here are bull**** either, even the ones I don’t agree with.

@hibs.net private member
    Third and Semi final of the scottish cup

Another one making things up, stop it.

I think you should read the thread again. Not seeing much bigging other clubs up really.

Maybe you could offer your prediction and say why you think the team will finish in that position. That's how forums usually work.
    4th as I said hearts have a head start in us I terms of team. Although I live in hope that Europe hurts them. Dundee utd haven't been impressive so far and not convinced that JR will get much more out of them. Aberdeen have signed ok but also lost there best players. Motherwell are honking. St Mirren won't be up to much. Livi will struggle as I dont see hwt they have done to try to improve. St Johnstone look poor but that is probably the kiss of death for tomorrow. Ross County, not sure about but they won't be above us again this season

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    My heart says 3rd, my head says 10th.
    No it doesnt.Your heart says 4th and your head says 6th.

Did I say I do?

I don’t think we’ll get relegated. I don’t think we’ll finish 4th either though. And I can’t say I think any of the predictions on here are bull**** either, even the ones I don’t agree with.
    Not even the getting relegated one?

See the daily Ranger have there predictions for the season online now.

We don’t feature on any of the journos picks for the league, cups or top 4 finish.

Most of them have Hearts and Aberdeen as 3rd and 4th.

Get it up on the wall and let’s have a good season and shut them up.

I should say that my predictions have adegree of green tinted specs on but I make no apologies for that!!

@hibs.net private member
    Not even the getting relegated one?
    Nope, not really.

We were on a relegation style run of form for 9 months last season. We’ve not signed great this window imo with the worst part of our team being the midfield still not any better and we’ve just been papped out the league cup.

I don’t think it’ll happen but on the evidence of the last 9 months and this pre season I wouldn’t say it’s impossible or that it’s bull**** to suggest it.

I personally think we’ll be closer to the bottom of the league than the top in terms of position.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar

Red face

4th

Entertaining read. Fallouts over guessing where we will finish :)

3rd should be the target. Absolute minimum is top 6 and still being in with a shout of the European spots come the final week or 2.

4th as I said hearts have a head start in us I terms of team. Although I live in hope that Europe hurts them. Dundee utd haven't been impressive so far and not convinced that JR will get much more out of them. Aberdeen have signed ok but also lost there best players. Motherwell are honking. St Mirren won't be up to much. Livi will struggle as I dont see hwt they have done to try to improve. St Johnstone look poor but that is probably the kiss of death for tomorrow. Ross County, not sure about but they won't be above us again this season
    I suspect Hearts will be looking at 3rd again this season. Sadly, they look pretty strong, although they will have the European games to contend with (six extra games minimum?). The rest, no idea. There wasn't much between the sides last year really. From 4rd-11th last year it was varying degrees of poor. It was a luck lustre season overall.

For me this season is a test of credibility for Ron Gordon and his ownership. Much as I think the club is going in the right direction commercially, I don't think we've improved the first team squad enough (Marshall aside) and we remain significantly lacking in key areas.

We are relying on guys like Kenneh, Tavares, Bushiri, Melkersen and Bojang coming good, as well as players we've never really seen, like YOuan and Cabraja making an impact.

The idea that we might be using Newell, Campbell and JDH regularly in midfield.......... After watching that trio perform as a unit last season, it gives me the fear.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 29-07-2022 at 08:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we will be bottom 6 as things stand, and we all know how being in that half of the league can suck you into a dog fight with the other crap.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    What a thoroughly depressing read, going in to the 1st game and so many posts predicting 6th and lower. Just shows how far we have fallen, it’s a far cry from the excitement of even last summer.

7th/8th

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Do you think any of these 4 will start tomorrow? I’d be surprised if they do.

We’ll have Marshall in goals and might get to see Cabraja at left back. Midfield will probably be the same as last year with Doidge and Melkerson up front.

That’s not a whole lot of strengthening really is it? You can at least understand the point I’m making yeah?
    I hope the manager has called it right

Its a 'who the hell knows what will happen' day

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^Makes it more exciting!!

Not got a clue about St J, so hoping they're the same as last season.

Certainly got nothing to fear, we can win this today.

I voted 8th, but with Boyler back I'm thinking 4th or 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Predicted 8th a couple weeks ago and nothing has swayed me from that since.
    With The Squirrel 🐿️ I think we will be higher than 8th 🙂