hibs.net Messageboard

Meadowbank as a sports venue

Seeing footage of the new stadium it says there’s now a 499 person stand that is effectively a few rows of seats where the old main stand used to be. Does anyone know if there are any plans to put more seating in? Or are we no longer going to be able to host major athletics events any more?

Edinburgh is poorly served for indoor music venues of any size meaning gigs generally go to Glasgow where 2014 meant there was huge investment through there. Is sport, bar rugger, heading the same way?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing footage of the new stadium it says there’s now a 499 person stand that is effectively a few rows of seats where the old main stand used to be. Does anyone know if there are any plans to put more seating in? Or are we no longer going to be able to host major athletics events any more?

Edinburgh is poorly served for indoor music venues of any size meaning gigs generally go to Glasgow where 2014 meant there was huge investment through there. Is sport, bar rugger, heading the same way?
    FC Edinburgh are planning to build another small stand and terracing opposite the current stand. It will add 1500 to the capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FC Edinburgh are planning to build another small stand and terracing opposite the current stand. It will add 1500 to the capacity
    I think there’s doubt about that going ahead due to plans for house building.

I was there on Saturday for Leith Athletic v Edinburgh United. If you sit in the front row your view is obscured by a barrier, though I believe there’s plans to reduce its height. It’s completely soulless, the seats are too far from the pitch and when it rains you’ll get soaked. If Edinburgh City aren’t able to increase the capacity I can’t see how they’ll grow their support sufficiently to progress up the divisions.