hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Derby tickets on sale now

Derby tickets now on sale ✅

2. Log in to remove the advert

A return to the Trainspotting marketing.

Gaun the HIVS spoon burner caravan dwellers

Just purchased mine £35 East Stand. Not cheap so hope its money well worth spent!

Quote Originally Posted by Green7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just purchased mine £35 East Stand. Not cheap so hope its money well worth spent!
    It's a scandalous price to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Green7 View Post
    Prices are just ridiculous considering the overall quality of these matches.

It won't let me purchase them off the ticketing site! frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Agree . Far too high a price . So will be the same for Celtic and Rangers I suppose and for Hibs fans at Tynecastle . If people haven`t bought a season ticket for financial reasons I doubt they`ll be rushing to pay 70 pounds for Hearts and Rangers matches in first month of league season . Extra incentive to buy ST I suppose . With high prices and festival visitors not able to buy tickets for security reasons , 2 matches which could have been sellouts will probably have a few thousand empty seats .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Agree . Far too high a price . So will be the same for Celtic and Rangers I suppose and for Hibs fans at Tynecastle . If people haven`t bought a season ticket for financial reasons I doubt they`ll be rushing to pay 70 pounds for Hearts and Rangers matches in first month of league season . Extra incentive to buy ST I suppose . With high prices and festival visitors not able to buy tickets for security reasons , 2 matches which could have been sellouts will probably have a few thousand empty seats .
    Absolutely crazy that football fan tourists won’t be able to go to this. Why are we so backwards with this? Been to many games in Europe as a tourist.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Absolutely crazy that football fan tourists won’t be able to go to this. Why are we so backwards with this? Been to many games in Europe as a tourist.
    To be fair most grounds I’ve been to abroad wouldn’t ever be infiltrated by rabid Huns in the home end.

Recipe for disaster.

I've got a few old tickets here: St Johnstone away 1999 - £16, adjusted for inflation - £34. The tickets for Saturday's game are £24, so they're much cheaper.

Millennium derby - £18, adjusted for inflation - £38, so this season's derby tickets are slightly cheaper than they were 23 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cosell View Post
    I've got a few old tickets here: St Johnstone away 1999 - £16, adjusted for inflation - £34. The tickets for Saturday's game are £24, so they're much cheaper.

Millennium derby - £18, adjusted for inflation - £38, so this season's derby tickets are slightly cheaper than they were 23 years ago.
    Wages don't match inflation so unsure the point your making?

In town for vacation so got mine - $33 west stand north end

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    In town for vacation so got mine - $33 west stand north end
    Hope you enjoy your time 'home' and see a win for the Hibs 🇳🇬🇺🇸🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The league have absolutely done a number on us by having these as the first two home games. Ron highlighted it in the recent podcast we told the league about it and requested neither of these games and you have got to really query why the league deliberately did not agree to this reasonable request. For some reason we get the poor end of the stick. Will cost the club a few quid that decision. Absolutely pathetic.

I dont know why the tickets cant be sold to tourists, in Holland you can show a passport at the ticket office or ID card. Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    To be fair most grounds I’ve been to abroad wouldn’t ever be infiltrated by rabid Huns in the home end.

Recipe for disaster.
    Unfortunately it doesn't stop this as its common place for most fans of the same arse to be on the databases of other clubs. They regularly struggle for away tickets so it is worth buying a 18 quid cat b game ticket to open up their options in the future

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Since 1999 average wages have gone up massively more than inflation ( although not currently I accept) and wealth is stratospherically higher. As an example house prices in Edinburgh are probably 4x higher. I get not everyone has benefited but I don't think tickets are expensive relative to other stuff. The derby is a big game- Arsenal tickets can easily cost £100 for a big game and seasons now generally over £2k ( mad I know). There is a better atmosphere at ER than Highbury certainly for the big games. Look how much a rock concert is or a night at the opera.

Hibs tickets are pretty good value in my view. The issue is not the price more the quality of the product and the stale nature of Scottish football with the total dominance of just two teams….

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    I think you can see his point quite easily, as it's common to adjust prices for inflation to get the real cost now. However, using national average earnings from 2000 to 2010 and average weekly earnings from then to May 2022, £18 becomes £34.85. So on a purely statistical level, based on wages, football is pretty much bang on as affordable as it was in 2000.
    As we know, the problem is some peoples pay has gone up more, and some less. And its typically the worse off in society that struggle with inflation.
    Personally, I'd like to see hibs do more to help families who are worse off, but still want to support the club

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The league have absolutely done a number on us by having these as the first two home games. Ron highlighted it in the recent podcast we told the league about it and requested neither of these games and you have got to really query why the league deliberately did not agree to this reasonable request. For some reason we get the poor end of the stick. Will cost the club a few quid that decision. Absolutely pathetic.
    If we can’t sell out our first home league game of the season against Hearts then it’s more down to events at our own club and pricing levels than anything the league have done.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Got mine and taking the wee man

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    Since 1999 average wages have gone up massively more than inflation ( although not currently I accept) and wealth is stratospherically higher. As an example house prices in Edinburgh are probably 4x higher. I get not everyone has benefited but I don't think tickets are expensive relative to other stuff. The derby is a big game- Arsenal tickets can easily cost £100 for a big game and seasons now generally over £2k ( mad I know). There is a better atmosphere at ER than Highbury certainly for the big games. Look how much a rock concert is or a night at the opera.

Hibs tickets are pretty good value in my view. The issue is not the price more the quality of the product and the stale nature of Scottish football with the total dominance of just two teams….
    You can't possible be saying football is now more affordable because house prices have rocketed 4x higher in Edinburgh?

Affordability is subjective. Its down to the individual, some think £35 is nothing, others its a weeks worth of food. Pointless debating it.

Think the football is the biggest issue, Ross, Maloney and from what we've seen at Falkirk and Morton. Folk on the lower end of income can't see value for money so might patch it.

Can't see it selling out, 100% won't if we get beat on Saturday although hope i'm wrong.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Would have been £29 in 2010 based on inflation (and that’s not even 2022 factored in) - much of a muchness?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    A return to the Trainspotting marketing.

Gaun the HIVS spoon burner caravan dwellers
    Mon the peg sellers/spoon burners/HIVs/Hobos/Hobbits/Hand Wringers/whatever other unimaginative or bordering on sectarian ***** they’d like to call us. Neilson is a greasy gimp and Craig Levein is a broon trousered gimp. ****in into these ********s, no prisoners no excuses. Mon the hibees.

No it’s not too early to be drinking I’m on holiday leave me alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I'm pretty sure the League don't have an agenda against us, it's all done by computer my friend.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I'm pretty sure the League don't have an agenda against us, it's all done by computer my friend.
    It is done by computer however there are obviously ways and means of being able to avoid certain fixtures on certain days

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    It is done by computer however there are obviously ways and means of being able to avoid certain fixtures on certain days
    Didn't Hearts get every game moved to an away game for nearly 2 months, except the Rangers game to Murrayfield, when they were opening their new stand? We weren't asking for much, just a lower cat. game at home first so we could finish our hospitality suites.
    Last edited by the_ginger_hibee; 26-07-2022 at 08:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    It’s not “all done by computer” at all. The League ensures certain fixtures occur during specific game weeks and certain teams are at home in specific weeks. It’s is 100% within the leagues capacity to ensure a team avoids any big fixtures early in the season if finishing off stadium works.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Didn't Hearts get every game moved to an away game, except the Rangers game to Murrayfield, when they were opening their new stand? We weren't asking for much, just a lower cat. game at home first so we could finish our hospitality suites.
    They just got really lucky with the computer obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Didn't Hearts get every game moved to an away game, except the Rangers game to Murrayfield, when they were opening their new stand? We weren't asking for much, just a lower cat. game at home first so we could finish our hospitality suites.
    I’ll be honest, if any other club was asking to reschedule a big game because their hospitality suites weren’t ready I’d be ripping them mercilessly.
    Bring the Hearts on, the sooner the better, I can’t wait to see us beat them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I’ll be honest, if any other club was asking to reschedule a big game because their hospitality suites weren’t ready I’d be ripping them mercilessly.
    Bring the Hearts on, the sooner the better, I can’t wait to see us beat them.