hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Loan watch - 2023/2024

Thought it would be worth having a thread for all those out on loan. Don’t think there is one but if there is feel free to merge.

Noticed Josh O’Connor got another goal today, seems to be doing well so far.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought it would be worth having a thread for all those out on loan. Don’t think there is one but if there is feel free to merge.

Noticed Josh O’Connor got another goal today, seems to be doing well so far.
    Great that josh got another goal today.
    However Murray Aiken our other young player, has played every minute of every game, in a good championship side, and has had rave reviews.
    He is generally a central midfielder.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    However Murray Aiken our other young player, has played every minute of every game, in a good championship side, and has had rave reviews.
    The Airdrie fans rate Murray very highly and at the moment think that he is the better of the two Hibs loanees

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    He hasn't played every minute of every game, but he's certainly getting plenty game time.

Working out well for them.

Can't mind which mcintyre has gone to qots, but he missed out the day as he was cup tied.

Is Murray Johnson still with us or has he gone back on loan?

Remember being disappointed that he didn't seem to be starting when on loan and turns out he would have gotten more game time had he stuck around here by chance.

He needs minutes on loan over the full season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He hasn't played every minute of every game, but he's certainly getting plenty game time.

Working out well for them.

Can't mind which mcintyre has gone to qots, but he missed out the day as he was cup tied.
    OSCAR Mcintyre the left back, has went to Queen of the south.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Is Murray Johnson still with us or has he gone back on loan?

Remember being disappointed that he didn't seem to be starting when on loan and turns out he would have gotten more game time had he stuck around here by chance.

He needs minutes on loan over the full season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    I thought the only reason he didnt play was because it was the league cup games and he was cup tied with hibs, but he played a league game or two before he was recalled due to our keeper injuries

I could be wrong though

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Henderson scored for Oostende

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Anybody know what's going on with Tavares? Seems weird we haven't sent him out on loan if he's not getting anywhere near the first team.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Anybody know what's going on with Tavares? Seems weird we haven't sent him out on loan if he's not getting anywhere near the first team.
    I noticed him on a clip with the first team today

I'm sure Sergio will know him well but it's up to Jair really

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Hoping he's one of those players who looks like a completely different player under a new manager and gives him a bit of a selection headache

I felt for Jair last season, he wasn't as bad as some had made out him to be and at times he looked like he had potential.

Never really got many minutes with one week in the squad and on the bench, the next not involved probably not having a clue where he stood.

January would of been a perfect time to get him out on loan as how is he expected to improve and adjust to Scottish football not playing anywhere.

A fresh start for him could be good 👍

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I felt for Jair last season, he wasn't as bad as some had made out him to be and at times he looked like he had potential.

Never really got many minutes with one week in the squad and on the bench, the next not involved probably not having a clue where he stood.

January would of been a perfect time to get him out on loan as how is he expected to improve and adjust to Scottish football not playing anywhere.

really hope he can kick on after what was probably a pretty confidence-zapping time for him.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    really hope he can kick on after what was probably a pretty confidence-zapping time for him.

Would be fantastic if Monty turned it around and Jair became a viable alternative to Youan on the left side of attack. It would certainly make it easier for the manager to persuade Youan to take on board what he has to tell him, if there was actually someone competing for his place

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Would be fantastic if Monty turned it around and Jair became a viable alternative to Youan on the left side of attack. It would certainly make it easier for the manager to persuade Youan to take on board what he has to tell him, if there was actually someone competing for his place
    I'm hoping that all three of our highly rated youngsters (Jair, Melkerson, Kennah) fulfil their potential under Montgomery. Yes they haven't performed well so far, but each has shown flashes. If one of Montgomery's key attributes is getting the best out of young players and he can do so with those three it could save (or potentially earn) us a fortune.

I think we’ve treated Jair shockingly.

We announced him like he was an absolute superstar and someone we had no right to sign. That was all the club hyping him up to that standard, not Jair.

We gave him the number 10 number when he said he never wanted it.

He was quickly made a bit of a scapegoat, the first game against St Johnstone he was fine and unlucky not to get a goal or assist. The following game away to Livi he was poor on that shocking pitch and against a team he’s probably not used to playing against, since then we’ve seen very little - can I add against Livi the whole team were brutal and that includes those who know what to expect.

Johnson would come out and say stuff like he’s the best player in some closed door games but not give him any minutes? Doesn’t help does it.

The game against raith at Christmas I thought he was the best Hibs player by a mile and the next week he wasn’t in the squad.

Hopefully Monty and Serge get a tune out of him and make him feel confident again.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

There was chat he was offered a loan in January but turned it down. No idea if true or why he would turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think we’ve treated Jair shockingly.

We announced him like he was an absolute superstar and someone we had no right to sign. That was all the club hyping him up to that standard, not Jair.

We gave him the number 10 number when he said he never wanted it.

He was quickly made a bit of a scapegoat, the first game against St Johnstone he was fine and unlucky not to get a goal or assist. The following game away to Livi he was poor on that shocking pitch and against a team he’s probably not used to playing against, since then we’ve seen very little - can I add against Livi the whole team were brutal and that includes those who know what to expect.

Johnson would come out and say stuff like he’s the best player in some closed door games but not give him any minutes? Doesn’t help does it.

The game against raith at Christmas I thought he was the best Hibs player by a mile and the next week he wasn’t in the squad.

Hopefully Monty and Serge get a tune out of him and make him feel confident again.
    I agree with every word of this.

There's a bit of me wants to be proud of Hibs as being a good place for young players to come and develop. You could say that for Fish and Egan-Riley that that has been true over the past year but there's a big bit of me feels bad for how it's worked out for Jair and Melkersen and our role in stunting their development. It's not too late by any means for either of them but it's a critical age for both and I can't help but think they'd have been much better off developing elsewhere.

I share the last sentiment that there's always something quite exciting about a new management team coming in, giving players a fresh start, and sometimes you'll find something in someone that wasn't going to be found under a previous regime. I'm also a bit gutted that it's happened that month or two too late for Ethan Laidlaw at Hibs, who will probably end up doing his career fatal damage by making a crap move to a crap place and have to rebuild his career up here again in a few years, having missed out on what could have been a great pathway to first team football at Easter Road and a strong part of his career that will ultimately end up with him being punted out on loan from Brentford repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

There's a bit of me wants to be proud of Hibs as being a good place for young players to come and develop. You could say that for Fish and Egan-Riley that that has been true over the past year but there's a big bit of me feels bad for how it's worked out for Jair and Melkersen and our role in stunting their development. It's not too late by any means for either of them but it's a critical age for both and I can't help but think they'd have been much better off developing elsewhere.

I share the last sentiment that there's always something quite exciting about a new management team coming in, giving players a fresh start, and sometimes you'll find something in someone that wasn't going to be found under a previous regime. I'm also a bit gutted that it's happened that month or two too late for Ethan Laidlaw at Hibs, who will probably end up doing his career fatal damage by making a crap move to a crap place and have to rebuild his career up here again in a few years, having missed out on what could have been a great pathway to first team football at Easter Road and a strong part of his career that will ultimately end up with him being punted out on loan from Brentford repeatedly.
    What is going on with this odd cultish Ethan Laidlaw behaviour, the laddie decided he didn't want to be here so he ****ed off, he was hardly the second coming of Derek Riordan!

File under Kurtis Byrne and co.

Promising Youngster CowgateHarp1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    What is going on with this odd cultish Ethan Laidlaw behaviour, the laddie decided he didn't want to be here so he ****ed off, he was hardly the second coming of Derek Riordan!

File under Kurtis Byrne and co.
    Well said mate if he was good enough we would have seen more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I'm hoping that all three of our highly rated youngsters (Jair, Melkerson, Kennah) fulfil their potential under Montgomery. Yes they haven't performed well so far, but each has shown flashes. If one of Montgomery's key attributes is getting the best out of young players and he can do so with those three it could save (or potentially earn) us a fortune.
    Reckon this will be one of the boxes that Monty ticked for sure, if he can bring these guys on and 2 or 3 from the young squad he will have earned his crust.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Noticed Henderson missed a penalty today but his team won1-0, melkersen started, his team lost 2-0

O'Connor started for Airdrie but was hooked at half time. Aiken was an unused sub. They got battered 4 nil by Arbroath.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Think it is difficult to argue moving to an EPL academy for a team who do well with young players is a crap move.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Noticed Henderson missed a penalty today but his team won1-0, melkersen started, his team lost 2-0
    Maloney out

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    It looks like Tait played 75mins for Hamilton, McClelland the whole game for QoS, Oscar MacIntyre 83mins for QoS, Mackay an unused sub for Livi and Nohan Kenneh not in the team for Shrewsbury, i'm assuming he's injured.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Megwa on loan to Airdrie, hope it works well for him

Megwa joins the Hibs loan contingent at Airdrie - BBC Sport

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post

BBC saying ‘joins Ian Murray’s side’ That’s the same Ian Murray who is manager of Raith Rovers 😂
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post

All for the youngsters going out on loan to get game time in men’s football but find this a bit of a risky decision given Cadden’s injury and the lack of another right back being signed in the summer.

Miller did have a bit of injury trouble last season, have to hope he stays fit until at least January now otherwise we’ll be forced to play someone out of position in that position

I thinking we might be in the free transfer market for a left back there is a few on there 🤞