hibs.net Messageboard

Memories and stories of hibs matches

The 2007 cup final was very special to me as i had been to a couple finals before and always ended up disappointed . Myself and my dad travelled from Donegal to be at it .The journey thru on the bus to Hampden park was amazing with the whole bus rocking! What a horrible day weather wise it was , so cold with snow and being the dafty that I am I wouldn't put on my jacket and cover up my Hibs top .😄. Big Rob Jones header will stay with me forever as the ball hit the back of the net the Hibs support erupted into noise that was quite amazing. I'm just after watching it again and all the good memories of that day came flooding back to me . What a honour and privilege it is to be a HIBBY.
    GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬 .
    https://youtu.be/-p6bGvqdlI0
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 11-12-2022 at 12:47 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 2007 cup final was very special to me as i had been to a couple finals before and always ended up disappointed . Myself and my dad travelled from Donegal to be at it .The journey thru on the bus to Hampden park was amazing with the whole bus rocking! What a horrible day weather wise it was , so cold with snow and being the dafty that I am I wouldn't put on my jacket and cover up my Hibs top .😄. Big Rob Jones header will stay with me forever as the ball hit the back of the net the Hibs support erupted into noise that was quite amazing. I'm just after watching it again and all the good memories of that day came flooding back to me . What a honour and privilege it is to be a HIBBY.
    GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬 .
    https://youtu.be/-p6bGvqdlI0
    That was a class performance, I mentioned on another thread a while back when I watched the footage on youtube

Defending, big Jones, Murphy and Hogg rock solid. Midfield with Brown, Zemama, Stevenson and Boozy strong and organised. Up front Benji, Fletcher unplayable, Benji in particular was outstanding
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 11-12-2022 at 06:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Difficult to get away from the first game of the season at Easter Road 1986

Roasting summer’s day white hot atmosphere The East full to bursting as Graeme Souness brought his Rangers team of expensively assembled English World Cup superstars into town to blow us away or so he thought

It all kicked off with every player on the park being booked a mass riot and Souness being sent off for a cowardly kick on Beastie as Hibs stormed to an opening day 2-1 victory

Welcome to Scotland

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Difficult to get away from the first game of the season at Easter Road 1986

Roasting summer’s day white hot atmosphere The East full to bursting as Graeme Souness brought his Rangers team of expensively assembled English World Cup superstars into town to blow us away or so he thought

It all kicked off with every player on the park being booked a mass riot and Souness being sent off for a cowardly kick on Beastie as Hibs stormed to an opening day 2-1 victory

Welcome to Scotland
    That was a class day too, you could just feel the tension well before the game, it was well set up to be a powder keg game. Scorching day, East terrace absolutely jam packed, its v rangers, Souness and their multi million pound players, what could have gone wrong ? 🇳🇬🤣🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    He did that was why he did not get involved in the mass pagger

He was booked for protesting at Super Ally’s swan dive when he pulled him down for the penalty

Rough Fulton and McCluskey all had their cautions rescinded

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    That was a class performance, I mentioned on another thread a while back when I watched the footage on youtube

Defending, big Jones, Murphy and Hogg rock solid. Midfield with Brown, Zemama, Stevenson and Boozy strong and organised. Up front Benji, Fletcher unplayable, Benji in particular was outstanding
    Sproule started in place of zemmama.

Mcneil
    Murphy
    Jones
    Hogg
    Whittaker
    Brown
    Boozy
    Stevenson
    Sproule
    Fletcher
    Benji

Martis
    McCann
    Zemmama

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Sproule started in place of zemmama.

Mcneil
    Murphy
    Jones
    Hogg
    Whittaker
    Brown
    Boozy
    Stevenson
    Sproule
    Fletcher
    Benji

Martis
    McCann
    Zemmama

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Yeah, forgot to say I had imbibed in a few beers beforehand 🍺🍺🫣

That was a class day too, you could just feel the tension well before the game, it was well set up to be a powder keg game. Scorching day, East terrace absolutely jam packed, its v rangers, Souness and their multi million pound players, what could have gone wrong ? 🇳🇬🤣🇳🇬
    We were having a kick about in Holyrood Park and could hear the chants of "What a waste of money" loud and clear.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We were having a kick about in Holyrood Park and could hear the chants of "What a waste of money" loud and clear.
    My teenage voice would have been in amongst those chants, before it broke 🫣

Brilliant day all round apart from the weather 😂 . We had a very good team then and as you say rock solid at the back , strong in midfield and Benji and Fletcher were a very good pairing. Benji well they just couldn't live with him that day 😁.It was great to be at that game as I will always have the good memories of it . 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Brilliant day all round apart from the weather 😂 . We had a very good team then and as you say rock solid at the back , strong in midfield and Benji and Fletcher were a very good pairing. Benji well they just couldn't live with him that day 😁.It was great to be at that game as I will always have the good memories of it . 👍
    4 seasons in one day, rain, hail, snow and sunshine, compared to our Scottish cup win, that was just sunshine (on Leith) 🇳🇬🌞🇳🇬

4 seasons in one day, rain, hail, snow and sunshine, compared to our Scottish cup win, that was just sunshine (on Leith) 🇳🇬🌞🇳🇬
    Sadly I couldn't attend our Scottish cup win though i was there in spirit , I remember watching it at home and when Haliday scored to make it 2-1 I went outside and walked around my house twice feeling totally dejected ( why I done this I've no idea ) I went in again to watch it thinking " come on Hibs get stuck in to these bugger's " and as they say the rest is history . A very emotional day that was special.

https://youtu.be/OcLhUiYrZhA

Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 11-12-2022 at 11:00 AM.