hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless we look like getting relegated, LJ will get the entire season. Ron reacted to vocal fan sentiment with Ross getting launched and he will not do that again in a hurry.
    Ross wanted a new centre mid and the club failed to get it for him. He should not have been sacked. He should have been given January to get one in.

Maloney had January to get one and didn’t bother. He stuck with Newell with predictable results.

Johnson doesn’t seem interested much in the centre mid position. The results are going accordingly. We look like relegation candidates at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Lee, is there any chance of the high pressing, quick throw in, flooding the box type football appearing please?

If not, jog on and bring back Maloney as we got this garbage from him.
    How do we press when we're controlling the ball?

Morton were in our box once the entire game. The lack of a high press wasn't the problem.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Yes you’re right. In ordinary circumstances last night would have been a defeat but we drew and lost the bonus point, so a draw it is.

Ok, even if we say Falkirk are the same standard as Alloa etc, then it’s our two worst results in about 7 or 8 years rather than 8 or 9. It’s hardly and better is it?
    Yeah the results were terrible and I'm not excusing them.

But I remember after 9 games or so into that league season posters were wanting Stubbs out and saying we could end up in league 1 etc. then look where we were 18 months or so later having won the cup.

New managers take time to bed in their style, and a lot of new signings at once takes time to gel. Those results were atrocious but hounding out Johnson now will get us nowhere.

When our injured players come back and the work permits come through we could easily become a much better side, if not then we can re assess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I think at some stage we’re going to need to have a look at the mess and think that we have to stand by someone to make a few mistakes before getting us back on track again, LJ has a decent pedigree a lot of games managed at a decent level, I don’t know why that guy can’t be him.

He’s needing backed with a 2/3 proper signings though, and in this window.
    my view is his signings haven't started yet and he has starting with players we have had the last few seasons and its clear as day they arent good. some fans seem to be holding onto Boyle coming back and being the saviour to our troubles however I don't think he will be back this season or next sadly.

I feel LJ's signings may produce but feel we will have a bad start to the league and it will be too late for LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How do we press when we're controlling the ball?

Morton were in our box once the entire game. The lack of a high press wasn't the problem.
    It's a generic point - as you well know.

There is no pace to our play, We saw last season how playing at a snails pace when teams sit in, ends up.

Johnson speaks well. But the team isn't dancing to his tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    your Vendetta is ridiculous

wasn't aware until your previous post it was him that single handedly cost Ross and Maloney their jobs.

He was nowhere near our biggest problem last night and was heavily involved in most of our best bits of play. Unlike under Ross and Maloney he was actually looking to get forward as well.

Half our team last night could barely even control the ball, while Newell alongside Henderson was actually getting the ball under control and forward and making things happen.
    Your funny.
    It’s sweet that you still believe in him. It’s not you who’ll lose his job over it though.
    It’s not personal, this isn’t Newell’s fault. He’s just taking the money offered to him and doing his best. There is no vendetta. I just don’t think he’s good enough and I also believe it’s the most important position in any team.
    I guess time will prove one of us right but the evidence clearly favours me so far.

We really do have some industrial scale wallopers in our "support".

Competing against each other to see who can make the most hyperbolic statements and doing so with barely concealed glee.

Nobody is happy with last night and everyone has some concerns about the balance of the squad but i all the stuff about the manager being hopeless and will be gone by September is so draining.

I don't hate Hertz as much as some folk on here hate Hibs, or far more likely, hate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We really do have some industrial scale wallopers in our "support".

Competing against each other to see who can make the most hyperbolic statements and doing so with barely concealed glee.

Nobody is happy with last night and everyone has some concerns about the balance of the squad but i all the stuff about the manager being hopeless and will be gone by September is so draining.

I don't hate Hertz as much as some folk on here hate Hibs, or far more likely, hate themselves.
    Just because you are reading things you don’t want to read doesn’t mean they are wrong. It’s possible I am a ‘walloper’ though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It's a generic point - as you well know.

There is no pace to our play, We saw last season how playing at a snails pace when teams sit in, ends up.

Johnson speaks well. But the team isn't dancing to his tune.
    Its been 4 weeks, some of the players have only trained with us for single digit days.

The recruitment has been shocking, that's a consistent no matter who the manager has been.

We're also giving managers 3 months and then paying off their 3-4 year contracts, that cannot continue, but now it's the only way we can get a manager as they know we will sack them a few months down the line.

Recruitment of managers and players, what a horrible, and terrifying, vicious circle we are in.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    The recruitment has been shocking, that's a consistent no matter who the manager has been.

We're also giving managers 3 months and then paying off their 3-4 year contracts, that cannot continue, but now it's the only way we can get a manager as they know we will sack them a few months down the line.

Recruitment of managers and players, what a horrible, and terrifying, vicious circle we are in.
    It's almost like we could exit that cycle by giving our current manager time....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Just because you are reading things you don’t want to read doesn’t mean they are wrong. It’s possible I am a ‘walloper’ though.

You may very well be I definitely am. I just don't think every new manager should get 4 weeks to completely turn things around just because the previous manager wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Can't just keep sacking managers
    Let’s start sacking the fans. To be frank, some of them are not up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You may very well be I definitely am. I just don't think every new manager should get 4 weeks to completely turn things around just because the previous manager wasn't very good.
    I’m not calling for to be sacked, just predicting the circumstances that he will be.
    I’ve no idea yet if Johnson is capable or not but I do think that the only way I’ll get time to find out is if Magennis gets fit () or he signs a new midfielder.
    If he decides to gamble on Magennis then fair enough, it’s his job I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    It's almost like we could exit that cycle by giving our current manager time....
    Correct, and maybe change how we recruit players.

I’m not calling for to be sacked, just predicting the circumstances that he will be.
    I’ve no idea yet if Johnson is capable or not but I do think that the only way I’ll get time to find out is if Magennis gets fit () or he signs a new midfielder.
    If he decides to gamble on Magennis then fair enough, it’s his job I suppose.

If we don't bring in another midfielder I will probably end up on your side.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The thread is obviously attention seeking pish. He's had four games.

However, I do find it concerning that every Hibs manager since Stubbs seemingly comes in the door and immediately loses all understanding of how a midfield works. It's been ****ing ***** since McGinn left and all we do is tweak it a wee bit with players plucked straight from the early 2010s bargain bin.

Your funny.
    It’s sweet that you still believe in him. It’s not you who’ll lose his job over it though.
    It’s not personal, this isn’t Newell’s fault. He’s just taking the money offered to him and doing his best. There is no vendetta. I just don’t think he’s good enough and I also believe it’s the most important position in any team.
    I guess time will prove one of us right but the evidence clearly favours me so far.

Totally agree with this.

Fergus52 in my view, you are just wrong,Newell is a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He can GTF if that’s the case.
    Totally agree, he should be gone if he’s doing this, totally unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    .........and two people on this thread standing in the area behind said he didnt.

Should he "be gone" now?

Were losing/drawing to the likes of Morton and Falkirk not common under the likes of Lennon? We got horsed 6-2 at home under Stubbs in July. Maybe we should realise that we've got a new squad and management team and demanding instant success doesn't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    but he didnt do it!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I saw Johnson and McAllister in the dugout last night and they subbed on Campbell and Campbell shhed at me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I was behind the dugouts and there were two individuals with very loud voices shouting at the Hibs coaching staff. One of the coaching staff, I assume "The Accused", was looking up at the fans taking it all in. He did raise his hands to his face, but at no time did I see him do that aforementioned "Shh". If I was wanting to stir up trouble, I could say it was a "Shh", but from my view it wasn't.

In true Hibs.net style this "Shh" gesture will become fact, when there is absolutely nothing in it.
    Respectfully have to disagree - saw it all unfold as I waited to exit the west behind the dugouts - the guy in front of me was giving it tight - only to mcallister though - "try signing players that have at least played some first team football etc - which seems fair given where we are - and mcallister stood and took it for a few seconds before shh-ing as the entourage walked towards the tunnel - not great
    Last edited by SQHib; 21-07-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I saw Johnson and McAllister in the dugout last night and they subbed on Campbell and Campbell shhed at me.
    sure he wasnt blowing you a kiss in response to your boos?

He did what??? Get him out the club. He can gtf etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SQHib View Post
    Respectfully have to disagree - saw it all unfold as I waited to exit the west behind the dugouts - the guy in front of me was giving it tight - only to mcallister though - "try signing players that have at least played some first team football etc - which seems fair given where we are - and mcallister stood and took it for a few seconds before shh-ing as the entourage walked towards the tunnel - not great
    I don't mind if he reacted to be honest.

Anyone who shouts abuse should be more than happy to get some back.

I tried to get Joe Newell to sign my shirt at the end of the game but he slapped me in the puss and whispered “golf, Tamworth, Hibs” in my ear before walking off.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.
    Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

Quote Originally Posted by xqnq1875 View Post
    Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

"Hounded".