hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1772
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct, we’ve not been great but it’s not been disgraceful.

We’ve probably paid the price for putting a team out to win the game but even then Marshall has chucked one in, our defensive midfielder missed the ball when trying to kick it, they’ve scored a deflected goal when it was heading straight for Marshall.

They’ve been miles better than us, as they should be but it feels like our defence has us one of those days just like our forward did against Dundee Utd the other night.
    Interesting that you think celtic should be miles better than us but you’ve criticised a poster for saying the defeats to St Mirren etc need to stop.

How does that work?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Better Hibs teams than this one have lost by the same score to Celtic, bit of perspective required.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I said he’s not good enough for the EPL.

A guy who gets 20 minutes here and there for Celtic at 32 years old is quite clearly not good enough for the EPL.

He also rarely gets starts for Celtic. I’ve never said he’s not good enough for them but he’s never going to be good enough to be a starter for them. He’s really not that good and he’s certainly not the player being suggested on here.
    He’d be our best player …he’s getting game time every week for Celtic .is it over 50 caps for his country ?? Played at a good level. Not sure what your point is , but he’s a good player

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    Better Hibs teams than this one have lost by the same score to Celtic, bit of perspective required.
    Exactly. Rangers got scudded there earlier this season. Hearts lost 5-0 at Ibrox last season. It happens. Just hope it hasn't totally knocked our confidence for Friday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He’d be our best player …he’s getting game time every week for Celtic .is it over 50 caps for his country ?? Played at a good level. Not sure what your point is , but he’s a good player
    My point is that he’s not as good as the player he’s being made out. Much like the suggestion he’d be our best player, he’s not that good either imo. Boyle is a much better player for example.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Interesting that you think celtic should be miles better than us but you’ve criticised a poster for saying the defeats to St Mirren etc need to stop.

How does that work?
    because the wage gap between us and Celtic is miles bigger than the gap between us and St Mirren?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I remember a home game v Celtc under Lennon, where we set up as 4-4-2 with Stevie Mallan as our deepest midfielder. I was expecting a cricket score against us but we won 2-0.

Yes Celtc have a much better squad than us but when we’ve set up ultra cautious against them it’s often ended badly too.

The scoreline is a sore one but trying to have a go at them does pay off at times… though obviously not today.
    Problem today was that we didn’t really have a go. First half, we never had a shot. We were set up in a way that suggested we wanted to but it ended up being neither one thing or the other.

I couldn’t believe he just let it run in the first half. We’d had a couple of warnings before the first goal about the space out wide and did nothing to address it.

Players take their share as well though. Stevenson shocking at the first, Marshall at the third and Kenneh at the third immediately jump out.

@hibs.net private member
    My point is that he’s not as good as the player he’s being made out. Much like the suggestion he’d be our best player, he’s not that good either imo. Boyle is a much better player for example.
    They’re quite different players. Boyle’s not played at the level Mooy played at - no premiership club would sign Boyle. They did with Mooy . It’s subjective. But he’d played every week for us - probably captain . Anyway, not sure what either of us are adding to this thread now

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I thought it was disgraceful. Fine getting beat. Not competing is a different story. And we never, right from the start. Johnson’s lack of reaction in the first half a concern.
    Johnson’s lack of reaction in the first half? He made 4 subs at half time!

I also don’t know what changes he made during the first half but something he’s as McKirdy went from only being on the left to popping up on the right so something happened and we went the last 20 minutes if the first half without conceding compared to losing 3 in the first half of it.

I think that’s a really odd criticism to be honest.

@hibs.net private member
    because the wage gap between us and Celtic is miles bigger than the gap between us and St Mirren?
    It’s still massively bigger. How many times wages do you need to pay before a club shouldn’t be able to compete with another?

The poster clearly didn’t mean we can never lose another game against St Mirren or the likes yet you jumped on it but then went on to suggest we shouldn’t be able to get anywhere against Celtic.

It’s still massively bigger. How many times wages do you need to pay before a club shouldn’t be able to compete with another?

The poster clearly didn’t mean we can never lose another game against St Mirren or the likes yet you jumped on it but then went on to suggest we shouldn’t be able to get anywhere against Celtic.
    He said the losses against them need to stop, I’m not sure what I’ve missed but that’s a crazy perspective to have, of course they won’t stop.

Celtic and Rangers are miles and miles better than us and if we are to get close to them we need a bit luck and them to have an off day, neither of those things happened today. That’s pretty obvious stuff to be honest.

@hibs.net private member
    He said the losses against them need to stop, I’m not sure what I’ve missed but that’s a crazy perspective to have, of course they won’t stop.

Celtic and Rangers are miles and miles better than us and if we are to get close to them we need a bit luck and them to have an off day, neither of those things happened today. That’s pretty obvious stuff to be honest.
    We’ve played 7 games against teams with smaller budgets than us this season and lost 3 of them. I don’t think the poster had to point out he didn’t mean we can’t ever lose a game against these teams again and that we need to reduce the frequency of these defeats but here we are.

Johnson’s lack of reaction in the first half? He made 4 subs at half time!

I also don’t know what changes he made during the first half but something he’s as McKirdy went from only being on the left to popping up on the right so something happened and we went the last 20 minutes if the first half without conceding compared to losing 3 in the first half of it.

I think that’s a really odd criticism to be honest.
    Aye, so no in the first half then?

He needed to act earlier, like he did at home to Rangers.

Aye, so no in the first half then?

He needed to act earlier, like he did at home to Rangers.
    He changed it to stop us losing goals at the rate we were then at the most sensible time he changed the personnel.

He changed it to stop us losing goals at the rate we were then at the most sensible time he changed the personnel.
    All he did first half was swap Boyle and McKirdy.

He got loads of praise for the two early subs against Rangers. Needed that today. Or as a minimum, needed to change the shape.

Left by mutual consent!

He got loads of praise for the two early subs against Rangers. Needed that today. Or as a minimum, needed to change the shape.
    Or he could get his tactics better from the start. 3 upfront to Celtic is insanity. Especially with a midfield of Kenneh, Newell & Campbell.

Sorry, you’re a good poster and I normally agree with your posts but I can’t agree with you here.

We lost 3 early goals from their only three shots on goal, one a freak goalie mistake and then we kept them at bay for 20 minutes or so until we made 4 changes at half time.

He got the starting 11 wrong IMO but I can see why, the idea he could have done something different in terms of changing the team during the 16 minute spell they scored three goals is just silly, especially when one of those goals was a freak goalie mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Or he could get his tactics better from the start. 3 upfront to Celtic is insanity. Especially with a midfield of Kenneh, Newell & Campbell.
    It wasn’t three up front. It was big Mike up front with Boyle and McKirdy playing in a 4/5/1 4/3/3 formation depending if we had the ball or not.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I can live with that. Nobody gets everything right all the time. But not recognising it early enough was the biggest mistake for me.

@hibs.net private member
    It wasn’t three up front. It was big Mike up front with Boyle and McKirdy playing in a 4/5/1 4/3/3 formation depending if we had the ball or not.
    433 is 3 up front. If it was a 451 without the ball then the 2 wide players were so far off it, getting caught too far up the park when Celtc got the ball wide

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Watching Everton frustrate Spurs who have by far the superior possession is how I feel we should have played today, on the break with Boyle support Kukharevych. Everton really shuld be 2 up as they have had the better chances. Hopefully Lee learns something from today and doesn't make the same errors again. We are a work in progress and still in dire need of a few new faces.
    I still like what he (Lee) is bringing to Hibs at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    LJ has had a right go at the players after today.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/stat...QkME0qEcOHgYHA

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    433 is 3 up front. If it was a 451 without the ball then the 2 wide players were so far off it, getting caught too far up the park when Celtc got the ball wide
    Formations are fluid now, it’s not a computer game.

We never played with 3 strikers up front waiting on the ball coming up to them isolated from the midfield like what was suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Brutally honest.. Step up or you'll be moved on.. Goof on him

He should take a look at the person who picked them and set them up that way, unless he’s suggesting they didn’t follow his instructions?

@hibs.net private member
    Formations are fluid now, it’s not a computer game.

We never played with 3 strikers up front waiting on the ball coming up to them isolated from the midfield like what was suggested.
    All that was suggested was that playing 3 up front was insanity, u disagreed that we played 3 up front. Nothing to do with being isolated etc

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    He should take a look at the person who picked them and set them up that way, unless he’s suggesting they didn’t follow his instructions?
    I think he's absolutely suggesting they didn't follow his instructions.

Basically saying shape up or ship out, too many players again vanishing into their wee shells.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Think he’s pretty clear in saying his instructions weren’t followed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I think he's absolutely suggesting they didn't follow his instructions.
    100% he is