hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again completely agree with his post match summary of the game. I wasn't overly enamored with his appointment at the time but honestly feel like he'll be brilliant given time.

Let's be honest, this team has struggled for a good while now. You're not going to suddenly turn them into a free flowing attacking team Inna few months.
    I don’t even listen the post game interviews. I just want a winning team.

Clyde 2nd half
    Falkirk
    Bonnyrigg
    Morton
    Livi

That’s 5 games against team with less resources where we have struggled put in a performance over 90 mins.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They're all under contract until 2025 except Doidge who is under contract until 2024.
    That’s absolutely terrifying as imo all 5 aren’t good enough.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I keep an open mind and there’s a lot of moving parts at the moment hut

for all the talk of LJ interest and looking into the history (presumable this in includes past and recent history…

how can he come out with the statement he did about Livi and keep a straight face? Surely if it’s you know the way they play and the abysmal record against the you drill thinks into the players to avoid.

recent Hibstory shows time and again failure to come out the traps running, getting foothold in the game and allowing others to seize the initiative.

disrupted onboarding, injuries (losing Bushiri didn't help) but come on…

theres only so many get out of jail free card Martin Boyle can conjure up
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I've said it before that I can't believe that LJ would come up to Scotland with his backroom staff following a 6-hour interview and talk about his desire to build his team with young kids who've hardly had any senior games, around a midfield who have zero control & creativity and a defence who struggle with the basics.

Surely, he would have identified some experienced midfield generals and commanding centre backs who could come in and help Porto.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I've said it before that I can't believe that LJ would come up to Scotland with his backroom staff following a 6-hour interview and talk about his desire to build his team with young kids who've hardly had any senior games, around a midfield who have zero control & creativity and a defence who struggle with the basics.

Surely, he would have identified some experienced midfield generals and commanding centre backs who could come in and help Porto.

Publicly he may claim he’s happy with the squad. But as you say, there’s no way he’s come up here, with us having been a shambles last season and taken the job on the premise he’s going to be getting a load of players with little first team experience to fix things. If he has, then he’s absolutely nuts.

Hopefully behind closed doors he’s absolutely demanding a centre back and a centre midfielder who will walk into the team and be mainstays.

@hibs.net private member
    The biggest factor for me is that we stick with Lee Johnson and his staff no matter how up and down this year is.

He’s going to build us a good team in time.

Just seen the highlights,goals conceded shockers!
    The first is amateurish,as the pundits on sportscene said boy looked like he was running in slow motion.

We always get done by these big strikers.defence is soft,and I don’t mean non committal but just leaky.

A solid centre back would able to organise that back 3 4 or 5 high on the wish list still.

And a linking midfielder like Allan or mcgeouch but younger and hungry to kick on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    The biggest factor for me is that we stick with Lee Johnson and his staff no matter how up and down this year is.

I’m not sure anyone can say that with any degree of certainty, simply because most of the folk who have built such a poor squad are still involved.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Other than blind faith I don’t see how you can say with any confidence he’ll build us a good team in time. I’ve seen very little so far to encourage me. Out of the league cup after in the group stages after a pitiful couple of performances, huffed and puffed against a rank St Johnstone, rescued a draw against Hearts, were awful on the first half yesterday and lost due to two pathetic bits of defending. For all the signings we’ve made we are still back to relying on Martin Boyle to provide us with that X factor.

It is obviously early days in his time with us, but I expected to see better than what we’ve produced so far.

Johnson has shown total disrespect to Scottish football from the minute he walked through the door and treated the league cup as an experimental competition not to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to take the Scottish Premier league seriously either with his absolute inability to construct a spine to the team and his reliance on a few individuals such as Boyler obviously and the excellent Marshall to get him out of jail.

There isn't much of a team spirit,the shape is disjointed, the match preparation poor and his signings which he makes the final sign off call on range between useless to at best limited work in progress.

Scottish football is far bigger and better than posing managers who didnt even have the decency to do any basic preparation of how teams in this league set up whereby if you have hard working and hard running physical midfielders operating in a tight circle then it might not win you the game but it gives you a huge head start.

Johnson might learn but I expect him to behave in exactly the same way as the Yorkshire pudding with his dogmatic arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Johnson has shown total disrespect to Scottish football from the minute he walked through the door and treated the league cup as an experimental competition not to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to take the Scottish Premier league seriously either with his absolute inability to construct a spine to the team and his reliance on a few individuals such as Boyler obviously and the excellent Marshall to get him out of jail.

There isn't much of a team spirit,the shape is disjointed, the match preparation poor and his signings which he makes the final sign off call on range between useless to at best limited work in progress.

Scottish football is far bigger and better than posing managers who didnt even have the decency to do any basic preparation of how teams in this league set up whereby if you have hard working and hard running physical midfielders operating in a tight circle then it might not win you the game but it gives you a huge head start.

Johnson might learn but I expect him to behave in exactly the same way as the Yorkshire pudding with his dogmatic arrogance.
    We have our problems, and it remains to be seen whether he’s the man to fix them, but what a load of ***** this is.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Pretty much agree with this. Only time for a change would be if we look like heading for relegation.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’d say that result was more on the players yesterday than lee Johnson, nothing you can do when the defence was as bad as it was yesterday Paul hanlon proving once again that whenever he comes up against a striker with some sort of physical presence he ****s the bed and the midfield (mainly newell) having a stinker as well, we’re still in dire need of a good cb and a cm it’s getting beyond frustrating now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We scored a very late goal v a 10 man St J.
    A scored very late goal v them with the Boyle effect.
    Lose to Livi.

Bar the 2 last kicks of the ball goals, we could easily be on 1 point :(

Are we ok? Or are these late late goals covering some cracks?

Tried my hardest to avoid this place after Saturday. Wished I’d tried a little harder. This is like the ramblings of John Doe in Se7en. ****ing howling.

Just when you think that comments can't get any more ridiculous, bam, proved wrong again.

If he can’t see we need a centre mid then I don’t think we should stick with him. If he can’t see that then he clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. What’s the point of sticking with a failing manager.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    We scored a very late goal v a 10 man St J.
    A scored very late goal v them with the Boyle effect.
    Lose to Livi.

Bar the 2 last kicks of the ball goals, we could easily be on 1 point :(

Are we ok? Or are these late late goals covering some cracks?
    The Cracks arent covered everyone can see them.

Good one! Where is your comedy show on at the fringe as I need a good laugh! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If he can’t see we need a centre mid then I don’t think we should stick with him. If he can’t see that then he clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. What’s the point of sticking with a failing manager.

He has been in the job 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Just when you think that comments can't get any more ridiculous, bam, proved wrong again.
    That's the logic of a bald man's comb for you.

Testimonial Due
    I fear this is going to be another failed experiment. The recruitment process of bringing in unproven young foreign players into this league is not going to work. We need players that know this league and cultivate our own homegrown talent.

How Tait can't get near this team and sending out the one young player who looks like he could cut it, Delferriere, out on loan is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I fear this is going to be another failed experiment. The recruitment process of bringing in unproven young foreign players into this league is not going to work. We need players that know this league and cultivate our own homegrown talent.

How Tait can't get near this team and sending out the one young player who looks like he could cut it, Delferriere, out on loan is baffling.
    You mean like the same tired policy that we've always had? You mean the one that's won us 4 cups in the 60 years I've been alive? Yeah, fantastic....

Testimonial Due
    You mean like the same tired policy that we've always had? You mean the one that's won us 4 cups in the 60 years I've been alive? Yeah, fantastic....
    In that same period using that tired old policy Aberdeen have won 16 trophies, Dundee United 5 and European final and semi final.

Hearts using a mixture of proven local and foreign players trophies.

Nobody tried our current approach.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    In that same period using that tired old policy Aberdeen have won 16 trophies, Dundee United 5 and European final and semi final.

Hearts using a mixture of proven local and foreign players trophies.

Nobody tried our current approach.
    Whit? The Aberdeen team under Fergie were for the most part youngsters who were brought through the system. Players like Strachan and McGhee were bought in but not so Miller, McLeish, Eric Black etc etc There absolutely are similarities to what we are trying to do if given long enough and not drowned out by nay sayers like you.

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    Whit? The Aberdeen team under Fergie were for the most part youngsters who were brought through the system. Players like Strachan and McGhee were bought in but not so Miller, McLeish, Eric Black etc etc There absolutely are similarities to what we are trying to do if given long enough and not drowned out by nay sayers like you.
    Johnson needs time ! Said as much himself think he said he needs 3 or 4 transfer windows ! Have a good vibe about him, I know there's problems with the team but come on give the guy a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Johnson needs time ! Said as much himself think he said he needs 3 or 4 transfer windows ! Have a good vibe about him, I know there's problems with the team but come on give the guy a chance!
    I'm agreeing with you, this place is full of posters who think you can build the roof first and work down.

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    I'm agreeing with you, this place is full of posters who think you can build the roof first and work down.
    Too right as they say Rome wasn't built in a day ! Seem to think when Fergie took over at utd he was close to sack in his first year there ! Now I'm not saying Johnson is a Fergie but guy needs time ! Problem here is we lose a game and some want manager gone right away sad that to be honest with you!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    He also said he watched Hibs before taking the job and 3 games into the season we still have the same problem.

Roll on August 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    He also said he watched Hibs before taking the job and 3 games into the season we still have the same problem.

Roll on August 2024
    True. We should tell him to decide who he wants then drive to their hooses, wheech them oot the door and frogmarch them doon tae Easter Road.