hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    I honestly don't get the impression that many people are getting carried away with a couple of wins or that anybody thinks we're the finished article.

Seems like most of the positive comments have been quite realistic, basically just appreciating that we have improved a bit, both in results and style.

I'm personally not convinced by LJ's dress sense, but I suppose you can't have everything.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nisbet won't get back in the team.
    I don’t think he’ll be ready to start this side of the World Cup break. After being out so long , it’s going to take a bit to find his feet, and then be good enough to get back into the team

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Has everyone forgotten about Roy Keane?
    Forgot about him .I'd rather have McKay or McInnes to him .Hell I'd even have Dolores Keane instead of him .what a Disaster that would have been. Really shocked me was how many wanted him on here. Thought they were just taking the p**s in the end up.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    [On January 20, 2022, Mueller made his debut for Hibernian, he was allowed to return to the US in May 2022.
    Hibs chief executive Ben Kensell said that Mueller had struggled to "adapt to the pace and physicality" of Scottish football.]
    Ben maybe being diplomatic.

Personally,i think he also was surprised, if not shocked ,at the levels of fitness needed to compete here.

Or he may have just been homesick for buffalo wings and Wendy's eggs benedict !
    I think the fitness thing is probably not too far off, and probably links into the physicality aspect. I couldn’t believe some of the stuff he came out with regarding fitness and gym work (or lack of) in the States when he first came over.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Nisbet won't get back in the team.
    Not in the near future But if he gets himself match fit and stats fit he will surely get the opportunity to stake his claim

I’ll be more than happy when everyone is fit. It means everyone needs to be on top of their game or they might lose their starting place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ having a dig at Sportscene and Michael Stewart in his interview in the Sunday Times today.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    LJ having a dig at Sportscene and Michael Stewart in his interview in the Sunday Times today.
    Can't get it .what's he saying ?

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Good to hear, can someone do a copy/paste please as no access to it

@hibs.net private member mike1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    Good to hear, can someone do a copy/paste please as no access to it
    “It’s a blessing and a curse. The passion and opinion that comes with it is a blessing, but if you lose your focus it’s a curse. You can feel mini vendettas because of the intensity of playing each other so many times plus the media exposure. You can get sucked into that.”

That’s why he’s consciously stayed out of the sequels to five red cards being dished out to opposition players this season. What he won’t accept is that it’s fortune favouring Hibs. “I haven’t watched Soccerscene [Sportscene, the BBC’s highlights show], apart from once — after the Aberdeen game — and now I know why I don’t watch it.

“I was listening to [pundit] Mikey Stewart, I haven’t got a problem with him, but he was like ‘What is the identity? Hibs have played against teams that have had a man sent off’.

“I’d say that our good play creates the sending-offs. When you play the ball over the top and [Martin] Boyle gets in behind against a slowish defender and he pulls him down, that’s worked on. When [Liam] Scales takes down Josh Campbell when he does a little trick with quick feet, that’s skill, when we isolate for the [Ryan] Porteous one-on-one with a defender ...

“I’d say a lot of those sending-offs have been down to skill, fitness, tactics and not just because somebody has turned round and smacked someone like the [Alfredo] Morelos one [against Rangers]. You try and create threats and problems for the opponent and do a lot of work on isolating your strengths versus their weaknesses, whether that’s a set play or a ball over the top because you have elongated the pitch and made penetrative runs.

“That’s my point. It’s not fluke that’s happened. We are not telling players to cheat at all, but we are working on these things.”
    Scottish by birth. Hibee by the grace of God.

The knee jerk reaction after the league cup debacle was OTT. Clearly needed time to implement his ideas and style. Not new after taking on a team low on confidence. Look at Ange with Celtic last season.

Even when we weren't getting the results in August the late goals against Hearts/Rangers showed me he's instilled a never say die attitude. Once the team clicked those two combined are a useful combination.

It's early days but promising signs. If all our injuries clear we'll take some stopping.
    Last edited by GRA; 02-10-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Soccerscene 😄😄
    Well said LJ

@hibs.net private member
    We look much more settled now. So much more cohesive, this is just the beginning of an exciting journey!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Soccerscene 😄😄
    Well said LJ
    Slaverscene more like.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1875 View Post
    “It’s a blessing and a curse. The passion and opinion that comes with it is a blessing, but if you lose your focus it’s a curse. You can feel mini vendettas because of the intensity of playing each other so many times plus the media exposure. You can get sucked into that.”

That’s why he’s consciously stayed out of the sequels to five red cards being dished out to opposition players this season. What he won’t accept is that it’s fortune favouring Hibs. “I haven’t watched Soccerscene [Sportscene, the BBC’s highlights show], apart from once — after the Aberdeen game — and now I know why I don’t watch it.

“I was listening to [pundit] Mikey Stewart, I haven’t got a problem with him, but he was like ‘What is the identity? Hibs have played against teams that have had a man sent off’.

“I’d say that our good play creates the sending-offs. When you play the ball over the top and [Martin] Boyle gets in behind against a slowish defender and he pulls him down, that’s worked on. When [Liam] Scales takes down Josh Campbell when he does a little trick with quick feet, that’s skill, when we isolate for the [Ryan] Porteous one-on-one with a defender ...

“I’d say a lot of those sending-offs have been down to skill, fitness, tactics and not just because somebody has turned round and smacked someone like the [Alfredo] Morelos one [against Rangers]. You try and create threats and problems for the opponent and do a lot of work on isolating your strengths versus their weaknesses, whether that’s a set play or a ball over the top because you have elongated the pitch and made penetrative runs.

“That’s my point. It’s not fluke that’s happened. We are not telling players to cheat at all, but we are working on these things.”
    Its an intelligent response.

Thanks for that. . . Speaks well our LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Thanks for that. . . Speaks well our LJ
    It's very refreshing, he isn't part of the usual don't really say anything school of thought and he speaks his mind and his view, but in a calm, balanced and fairly honest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It's very refreshing, he isn't part of the usual don't really say anything school of thought and he speaks his mind and his view, but in a calm, balanced and fairly honest way.
    Totally agree with you . LJ speaks very well unlike someone else we know. Btw there's a story in the Scotsman titled something like"Lee Johnson's Hibs have turned a corner just as he predicted they would"
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 02-10-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Been checking something out to pass the time maybe it's been already done . Shots / shots on
    Celtic 15/6
    19/4
    17/6
    Rangers 11/2
    16/6
    20/7
    Hearts 6/0
    10/6
    7/1
    Dons. 11/5
    5/1
    16/8
    Hibs. 25/8
    25/8
    24/9.
    Last 3 games!
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 02-10-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Slaverscene more like.

Bolloxscene

Agendascene

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I honestly don't get the impression that many people are getting carried away with a couple of wins
    I am...a bit ....

Good interview. He's right enough, when do they ever cover any other sports? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Been checking something out to pass the time maybe it's been already done . Shots / shots on
    Celtic 15/6
    19/4
    17/6
    Rangers 11/2
    16/6
    20/7
    Hearts 6/0
    10/6
    7/1
    Dons. 11/5
    5/1
    16/8
    Hibs. 25/8
    25/8
    24/9.
    Last 3 games!
    Our percentage of chances taken is about half everyone else's. Need to start firing them in, which I'm sure will happen.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Our percentage of chances taken is about half everyone else's. Need to start firing them in, which I'm sure will happen.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Yeah think we must be doing most things right to have stats like that. Thought they were impressive ,Just need things to click now with our forwards which I'm sure they will too .

Here’s for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Slaverscene more like.

Over the last 3 games we have had a impressive 74 shots . Which puts us in number one spot for shots.Anyone know who's second ?
    Might surprise a few of you!
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 03-10-2022 at 01:01 PM.

I've ben saying it for weeks now but when it clicks for us infront of goal we are going to absolutley batter someone. We are winning games comfortably without converting many of the numerous chances we make. Wouldn't surprise me if we hit 5 or 6 in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I've ben saying it for weeks now but when it clicks for us infront of goal we are going to absolutley batter someone. We are winning games comfortably without converting many of the numerous chances we make. Wouldn't surprise me if we hit 5 or 6 in the next couple of weeks.
    Perhaps the next couple of games. At home to Well or away to Dundee Utd perhaps. Fixtures after those seem less likely.

To be honest I'll just be happy if we keep up the good form.