hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

We need to talk about Lee

This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

He's had those 2 humiliations in his first 4 games

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost

@hibs.net private member
    100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.
    Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xqnq1875 View Post
    Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

"Hounded".

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    "Hounded".
    "Seeing the light" was the thing that jumped out to me.

😂

It's like some biblical journey 😂

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    "Hounded".
    Yes hounded you clown

Quote Originally Posted by xqnq1875 View Post
    Yes hounded you clown

"Clown."

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    In no way are the fans to blame for Jack Ross getting sacked.

There were a handful of folk calling for his head at the Livi game, but nothing else.

That was all on Ron. He kinda admits he got it wrong himself.

As for Maloney, I'm blaming Kensall for his appointment and I'm glad Ron made the decision to axe him when he did.

If the same thing happens again, so be it.

We keep getting told there's no loyalty the game. That works both ways. LJ is just in the door, we don't owe him anything. If it doesn't work out I'd imagine Ron will let him go.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    In no way are the fans to blame for Jack Ross getting sacked.

There were a handful of folk calling for his head at the Livi game, but nothing else.

That was all on Ron. He kinda admits he got it wrong himself.

As for Maloney, I'm blaming Kensall for his appointment and I'm glad Ron made the decision to axe him when he did.

If the same thing happens again, so be it.

We keep getting told there's no loyalty the game. That works both ways. LJ is just in the door, we don't owe him anything. If it doesn't work out I'd imagine Ron will let him go.
    It was the constant drivel on every thread here and other social media platforms that set the tone of misery.

Page after page of the same people strangling the life out of this place with their get him out, sack him, he's boring, never won a big game.

Ross and his team were going through a bad run, but they had just won a semi final against the club that went to extra time in the Europa league.

It was that constant negativity, then that protest and those fans calling for his head that made our inexperienced owner pull the trigger, and thats worked out well eh?

Add in the FACT as we know they are facts, he was not signing the players, just as Maloney was not signing the players, and like now, LJ is not signing the players.

All 3 of those above might get the odd player they want, but in the main, these managers are being asked to manage players brought in for them by a committee of men who wouldnt know a decent footballer if one bit them on the arse.

It was real misery losing games at hampden though, it's much better not getting there now, it takes away they pain.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It was the constant drivel on every thread here and other social media platforms that set the tone of misery.

Page after page of the same people strangling the life out of this place with their get him out, sack him, he's boring, never won a big game.

Ross and his team were going through a bad run, but they had just won a semi final against the club that went to extra time in the Europa league.

It was that constant negativity, then that protest and those fans calling for his head that made our inexperienced owner pull the trigger, and thats worked out well eh?

Add in the FACT as we know they are facts, he was not signing the players, just as Maloney was not signing the players, and like now, LJ is not signing the players.

All 3 of those above might get the odd player they want, but in the main, these managers are being asked to manage players brought in for them by a committee of men who wouldnt know a decent footballer if one bit them on the arse.

It was real misery losing games at hampden though, it's much better not getting there now, it takes away they pain.
    Well said BH.

It stretches credibility that the manager asks the recruitment team for this mystical “No 6” to anchor the midfield, and the recruitment team come up with a 19-year old who has not played a competitive game at first-team level, and the manager says: “aye he’s the guy that I had in mind, he’ll fit the bill”.

Utter BS, and am I surprised the Board think we’ll fall for it?

Answer? No not really.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Well said . people on social media need to take responsibilities for their post, to imply that the Hibs support did not affect JR sacking is poor and untrue
    we all read the drivel on these posts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost
    That Falkirk result was potentially our worst since relegation. Tonight’s wasn’t quite that bad but it’s still probably in the top 5 or so.

That is an abomination of a start. With a very tough start to the league fixtures he could find himself in some real bother if we get off to a bad start.

People didnt think Maloney was the man after his first 4 games when he won 3 and lost at Parkhead. By game 10 against Arbroath it was must win territory, so in reality, a bad run of 6 or so games.

Bad results in the next few games will have Johnson in a worse place than Maloney was going into the Arbroath game imo. If that’s how it unfolds then there’ll be no coming back from it if we’re honest just like Maloney was never coming back from his run. It won’t be a sacking that soon, but it’ll have a sense of us limping along to the inevitable.

As you say, he needs to bin a good few players who are simply nowhere near good enough and replace them with some players who will instantly improve us. If he doesn’t then he’ll fail, simple as that.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 20-07-2022 at 11:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Then big Ron and the board would have serious questions to answer: yet another manager sacked, WTF is going on?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

A bit early in his tenure here to start giving that patter out

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

That’s no good if it’s true.

@hibs.net private member

He can GTF if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.

Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.
    Absolute cheek if he has, can understand that from a manager who’s actually achieved something and is getting unwarranted stick but considering how we’ve been in these jokers first four games he can **** off

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Don't quote you on it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Don't quote you on it?
    I was sitting very close to the tunnel and I can't say I saw anything like that from him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Don't quote you on it?
    Yep because it wasn’t me who seen it, I’m just going by a tweet I seen that someone agreed with happening.

Coaching Staff
    Not the first time I have questioned the purpose of posts like this.

Let’s see….didn’t see it, didn’t know about it.
    Only purported ‘source’ a tweet from an unidentified mystery tweeter.

And if someone doesn’t want to be ‘quoted’ on it…why post it in the first place…….when the opposite will inevitably happen due to the fact that it was posted in the first place.?

I can only assume the Poster works for the Daily Record.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Not the first time I have questioned the purpose of posts like this.

Let’s see….didn’t see it, didn’t know about it.
    Only purported ‘source’ a tweet from an unidentified mystery tweeter.

And if someone doesn’t want to be ‘quoted’ on it…why post it in the first place…….when the opposite will inevitably happen due to the fact that it was posted in the first place.?

I can only assume the Poster works for the Daily Record.
    Yep just making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Totally agree, he should be gone if he’s doing this, totally unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    .........and two people on this thread standing in the area behind said he didnt.

Should he "be gone" now?

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    but he didnt do it!

It's also a bit early for the bedwetters to get the knives out.

I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

We need signings and quick.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

We need signings and quick.
    The first two are critical imo.

Lose both and he’ll never recover.

Lose to hearts and he’ll be really struggling regardless of the St J result.

Lose the first 3 and I’d suspect the calls for his head will begin.

And unfortunately, losing the first 3 would seem very possible.