hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

We need to talk about Lee

This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

He's had those 2 humiliations in his first 4 games

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost
    That Falkirk result was potentially our worst since relegation. Tonight’s wasn’t quite that bad but it’s still probably in the top 5 or so.

That is an abomination of a start. With a very tough start to the league fixtures he could find himself in some real bother if we get off to a bad start.

People didnt think Maloney was the man after his first 4 games when he won 3 and lost at Parkhead. By game 10 against Arbroath it was must win territory, so in reality, a bad run of 6 or so games.

Bad results in the next few games will have Johnson in a worse place than Maloney was going into the Arbroath game imo. If that’s how it unfolds then there’ll be no coming back from it if we’re honest just like Maloney was never coming back from his run. It won’t be a sacking that soon, but it’ll have a sense of us limping along to the inevitable.

As you say, he needs to bin a good few players who are simply nowhere near good enough and replace them with some players who will instantly improve us. If he doesn’t then he’ll fail, simple as that.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 20-07-2022 at 11:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Then big Ron and the board would have serious questions to answer: yet another manager sacked, WTF is going on?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

A bit early in his tenure here to start giving that patter out

I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

We need signings and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

That’s no good if it’s true.

@hibs.net private member

He can GTF if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He can GTF if that’s the case.
    Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

The first two are critical imo.

Lose both and he’ll never recover.

Lose to hearts and he’ll be really struggling regardless of the St J result.

Lose the first 3 and I’d suspect the calls for his head will begin.

And unfortunately, losing the first 3 would seem very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    The first two are critical imo.

Lose both and he’ll never recover.

Lose to hearts and he’ll be really struggling regardless of the St J result.

Lose the first 3 and I’d suspect the calls for his head will begin.

And unfortunately, losing the first 3 would seem very possible.
    He needs more than 7 games ffs!

I thought his comments about needing until well into September and needing multiple transfer windows to make his mark on the team were delaying tactics and wide of the mark.

Having seen his team play 4 times, I think I get where he’s coming from.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    He needs more than 7 games ffs!
    And he’ll get more than 7.

If his first seven include defeats to Falkirk, Morton, Hearts and Rangers and only wins against Clyde and Bonnyrigg then he’ll be a dead man walking. He won’t be sacked, but it’ll be inevitable in the not too distant future.

Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.
    Absolute cheek if he has, can understand that from a manager who’s actually achieved something and is getting unwarranted stick but considering how we’ve been in these jokers first four games he can **** off

@hibs.net private member Bad Habits's Avatar
    Hardly, A loss to Falkirk and a draw with Morton were standard fare under Stubbs and even in the highly lauded championship season under Lennon where we drew 15 and lost 3.

It's early in the season and its not been a great start against teams who will aim to frustrate us, but we are with out the quality that sets us apart due to injuries and work permit issues. there are shoots of good team, which will be improved with the additions of Youan and Cabraja and the return of Hanlon, Magennis, Mitchell and eventually Nisbet.

These players are the ones who will make the difference against teams who sit in.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Don't quote you on it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Don't quote you on it?
    I was sitting very close to the tunnel and I can't say I saw anything like that from him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Don't quote you on it?
    Yep because it wasn’t me who seen it, I’m just going by a tweet I seen that someone agreed with happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
    Hardly, A loss to Falkirk and a draw with Morton were standard fare under Stubbs and even in the highly lauded championship season under Lennon where we drew 15 and lost 3.

It's early in the season and its not been a great start against teams who will aim to frustrate us, but we are with out the quality that sets us apart due to injuries and work permit issues. there are shoots of good team, which will be improved with the additions of Youan and Cabraja and the return of Hanlon, Magennis, Mitchell and eventually Nisbet.

These players are the ones who will make the difference against teams who sit in.
    Which is why Stubbs had to go. He failed. He finished below Falkirk in the league. No Hibs manager in my lifetime has managed that.
    Great run to win the Scottish but let’s face it, with the players Stubbs had, to fail to be promoted twice is a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Which is why Stubbs had to go. He failed. He finished below Falkirk in the league. No Hibs manager in my lifetime has managed that.
    Great run to win the Scottish but let’s face it, with the players Stubbs had, to fail to be promoted twice is a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if we were all honest with ourselves, that night coming away from the Falkirk playoff loss was the lowest some of us probably had felt in a while. Rivalled the feeling of actually being relegated for me. If we never had a cup final the next week I think majority of us would have accepted that Stubbs' time was up that week.

That being said when we won the cup I wanted to keep him, fickle lot football fans. If Lee Johnson wins his next two competitive fixtures the pressure is off already.

@hibs.net private member
    I think at some stage we’re going to need to have a look at the mess and think that we have to stand by someone to make a few mistakes before getting us back on track again, LJ has a decent pedigree a lot of games managed at a decent level, I don’t know why that guy can’t be him.

He’s needing backed with a 2/3 proper signings though, and in this window.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Hi body language was poor tonight. In fact everyone’s was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I think at some stage we’re going to need to have a look at the mess and think that we have to stand by someone to make a few mistakes before getting us back on track again, LJ has a decent pedigree a lot of games managed at a decent level, I don’t know why that guy can’t be him.

He’s needing backed with a 2/3 proper signings though, and in this window.
    Completely agree.

Only so many times you can blame the manager.

It’s the players.

Coaching Staff
    Not the first time I have questioned the purpose of posts like this.

Let’s see….didn’t see it, didn’t know about it.
    Only purported ‘source’ a tweet from an unidentified mystery tweeter.

And if someone doesn’t want to be ‘quoted’ on it…why post it in the first place…….when the opposite will inevitably happen due to the fact that it was posted in the first place.?

I can only assume the Poster works for the Daily Record.

First Team Regular
    Completely agree.

It’s the players.
    It’s the guy picking the players.

Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    It’s the guy picking the players.
    He hardly has much options.

That’s 3 managers now struggled with the bulk of the players starting today.

Yet to be seen if Cabraja, Tavares, Bojan and Youan can turn things around

Newell set the pace of the game, wanted every ball in the opening 20 mins and basically went backwards every time. It set the tone of our entire game. Too slow going forward, how many chances did we create in the first half?

Doidge……mr point where the ball should go……and that’s always somewhere else but him.

The pair of them should be out the club before August ends. They have both had plenty time at the club. It’s time they both went.

As for Lee……one thing that worries me is a manager that tries to put square pegs in round holes…..he is at that against Morton……that’s a worry.

One week before the season starts…..this is worrying

Completely agree.

It’s the players.
    As someone once said to me: "What makes good managers? Good players."

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    As someone once said to me: "What makes good managers? Good players."
    And, I suppose, vice-versa

He hardly has much options.

That’s 3 managers now struggled with the bulk of the players starting today.

Yet to be seen if Cabraja, Tavares, Bojan and Youan can turn things around
    Really can’t see Tavares turning anything round, hopefully the others will be an improvement from what we had on the pitch last night.