hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ron Out Now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair play mate, I was incorrect the way I put it. Just absolutely fizzing today and the administration fiasco compounded it all. But yep, your point is valid and it is a bold investment by the club - I’m just very uncomfortable with who is recruiting them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Yeah, me again.

This is a Hibs forum mostly read by die hard Hibs supporters. Who else would want to spend their time logging on to this website and read the comments posted. I understand there are a few interlopers on this forum, jeez, I've even been labelled a Yam myself, when posting my own honest views.

We all have various levels of patience. Some posters are labelled by others as happy clappers, not willing to see the truth that is in front of their eyes, or others tagged as bed-wetters when posting impetuous comments based on limited evidence. But one thing we have in common is we want to see Hibs function productively off the field and efficiently on the field. I've not seen any of this recently. Surely it's becoming clear to even the most delusioned Hibee that all is not well at ER.

Other threads titled about Johnson or underperforming players are totally missing the point. Our issue and has been over the last year or so is with the owner.

Ron, his son and Kensall are responsible for the mess we are in and must be removed immediately. I've been saying this for months based on ridiculous management decisions, irrational signings and fantasy language used by our owner. We have become a joke and it's now painful.

I'm not really sure what power we as fans have nowadays. But any good people we had at the club have been erased within the last couple of years.

This is not the first time I've posted a thread criticising our owner. One of my fellow posters even took the time to trawl through my posts and select only the negative ones that I did regarding Ron. Maybe he will do so again. I hope he does because I stand by every word I have said about Ron Gordon.

The only time we are going to improve is when Ron, his son & Kensall are gone.

Is there anyone out there with the money, an affinity with Hibs and the desire to remove these idiots in charge.

Please show yourself now because I'm getting old and want to see my club in the hands of people who know what they are doing.
    What a very sad comment. Full of negativity. Its his fault,all his as if Hibernian deserves some divine success. We don't and the delusional, self flagellating elements of this support are frankly having the opposite effect- piling pressure and making things worse. Well done you and your fellow judge every individual in 5 minutes crowd.

Ron is doubtless doing his best. He has invested significantly in this club, seems a decent guy and I believe works hard and is honorable. All you will do is drive him away and I have to say I would not blame him. Why should he have to put up with your easy criticism with no answers and none of your own money,

Haven’t been on here since last night so just popped in quickly to look at the madhouse. All highly predictable. I’m away for a few days now and will take another look when I’m back. Some utter nonsense posted across the board just now. But like I say, no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    In what sense?

Maybe folks that actually run a business of size can shed some additional perspective… The NFT fiasco I suppose was a punt, what is it hat we say “speculate to accumulate” is that just not applying that elsewhere? It’s not like flipping a light switch.

As an aside, Imagine if we’d had the COVID season with fans in the stadium? I think we’d have found a wee bit more of a connection that’s been eroded.

We are where we are and move forward.
    We aren't moving forward. We are regressing at a very rapid rate.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Haven’t been on here since last night so just popped in quickly to look at the madhouse. All highly predictable. I’m away for a few days now and will take another look when I’m back. Some utter nonsense posted across the board just now. But like I say, no surprise.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    We aren't moving forward. We are regressing at a very rapid rate.
    Not sure about the club but this forum certainly is.

Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Has been for about 18 months now.

Wonder why? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Has been for about 18 months now.

Wonder why? 🤔
    Not sure we will agree on the reason.......

Thanks for that amazing insight, can't wait for your next update when you decide to return

I have to say Ron comes across very well when interviewed, makes some very good points around off field improvements and recognises on field is not acceptable performance wise, signings wise he’s confident the squad is good enough for top 4 or 5, let’s see if he’s right.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    I have to say Ron comes across very well when interviewed, makes some very good points around off field improvements and recognises on field is not acceptable performance wise, signings wise he’s confident the squad is good enough for top 4 or 5, let’s see if he’s right.
    He's not going to say this squad is bottom six standard is he, but as things stand, i think it is.

Ron does talk a good game, and the work off the field is better by a long way than we've ever seen at the club.

He needs to get someone in that transfer committee who knows what good players look like, or we will have the best stadium, the best sponsors and the best hospitality venues of any club in the land, but nobody frequenting them.

We need players now that will walk into that first team and make it better, not players who are not good enough for it yet but might be sometime in the future, perhaps when we could even be in the championship.

I hope you enjoyed your break.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's not going to say this squad is bottom six standard is he, but as things stand, i think it is.

Ron does talk a good game, and the work off the field is better by a long way than we've ever seen at the club.

He needs to get someone in that transfer committee who knows what good players look like, or we will have the best stadium, the best sponsors and the best hospitality venues of any club in the land, but nobody frequenting them.

We need players now that will walk into that first team and make it better, not players who are not good enough for it yet but might be sometime in the future, perhaps when we could even be in the championship.
    Pretty much my view.

I like Ron and think he is very good for our club in most things he does.

However, fitba is about the ‘NOW’ not in 12, 18 or 24 months time.

We have enough ‘promising ‘ players.

We need a few now who can actually deliver that promise

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    We don't have an U 23 side, we have a development team. As we didn't have one previously it's no surprise we're recruiting a lot of players. I'm sure there's plenty valid concerns about our Club just now but making inaccurate comments doesn't help support your point.
    The development team is definitely a good move. It will allow players to come through.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Tw++