hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ron Out Now

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember “The Bunnet” with his “biscuit tin”?

He came in with different approach, had
    many doubters. But stuck to his course that was the opposite of where Rangers and others headed.

Iirc he got a bit of a booing when he unfurled that Championship flag. In a nice bit of history re-writing he now appears to be lauded. He steered clear of the lemmings path Rangers, Hearts and others went on spending beyond their means.

I’m not saying RG is like the bunnet or he’s got it right (we can’t keep on failing and failing fast). Right here right now is the problem but he also appears to be taking the mid-longer view into consideration maybe in time we’ll see the friuts of that we can’t imagine right now?

That said, We’re not known for our patience beyond a certain point so the Question is whether he gets much more space and time.
    I think that's a wee bit grasping at straws

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest the story today about fielding a suspended player. Tip of the melting iceberg for me. I was concerned last year about Ron Gordon and nothing has changed, far from it, it’s deepened my distrust. The club is not in good hands I’m afraid.
    Can u give us an idea of those concerns. Any specifics or just a general concern he’s not the right guy? I’m sympathetic to those concerns currently

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Good post.

How anyone can seriously defend what's happening is beyond me.

Hibs are a mess on the field and the owner needs to be held accountable for the direction we have taken.

Make or break season for the Gordon regime, more of the same pish or worse and he will come to truly understand the fickle nature of football fans.
    Maybe they will pocket the transfer fees for Boyle and Doig and go?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest the story today about fielding a suspended player. Tip of the melting iceberg for me. I was concerned last year about Ron Gordon and nothing has changed, far from it, it’s deepened my distrust. The club is not in good hands I’m afraid.
    What were your concerns last year?

I was optimistic that we have achieved a fair bit with the third place and Cup runs. I had concerns around Ross, after the cup final in particular. I still felt that Gordon had invested in the team and management and that the club was only a few shrewd additions away from consolidating. The club didn't invest that summer. Ross wasn't really given the full backing financially. It showed in our signings and our performances, particularly after the Magennis injury. We know the rest of the story.

I accept that investment from the Boyle and Doig transfers is needed in other parts of the club. The rationale is understandable, up to a point.

However, it's the lack of signing first team quality players. Changing manager, with hindsight, was an error. The subsequent appointment and signings combined to ensure that the team performed badly for most of the remainder of the season.

I thought that we would see the club undergo a serious facelift and as well as all the young players, we would see more quality incomers. Thing for me is, we still might do just that.

The club are in a process of change. There's a new ownership and ownership style. Commercial potential and getting the most out of the business seems to have progressed a lot, despite blips like the NFT farce. The football has at times promised much, but it's mostly been inconsistent and didn't fully deliver the goods.

I had hoped a new regime would see Hibs realise potential more and be well able to consolidate their ability to compete, as a top side. It's been topsy turvy and had some great high points (well a reasonable amount) and some crappy low ones. At the moment we seem to be taking a bizarre course, but as things stand, it's looking all a bit questionable.

All that said. Gordon is here and there's no credible alternative. Perhaps his ownership needs more than three seasons to bring it's full influence to bear?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    What does Ian have to do with this **** up? Folk just want to be raging at him
    Hi Ian.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Ian Gordon sits and watches wyscout and decides what players to go after.

This smoke and mirrors pish about ‘he’s in charge of a team of people’ is absolute *****.

I do not for one single second believe that Johnson has full autonomy over recruitment. Just like I don’t think Maloney did, or Ross did.

RG has got us in probably the best possible health off the park & I’ll applaud him for that, but the appointments he is making directly underneath him are shocking.

I’m prepared to be shut down about this just like I have been in the past but nothing and I mean nothing changes whilst Ian Gordon has such an influential part in such a fundamental part of the club.
    Do you have any concrete evidence? Or is all this wistful speculation?

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow_Hibs's Avatar

We have been warned since November!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Do you have any concrete evidence? Or is all this wistful speculation?
    What do you mean by concrete evidence? If you mean have I witnessed it or been party to it then no.

I’ve no reason to disbelieve what I’ve been told.

Just like others who mention transfers etc, people have sources and to protect them they would never be publicly named.

I started this thread late last night and yet another embarrassing episode has been uncovered this morning regarding fielding an ineligible player.

It's past the joke stage now. Must admit I cannot see much positives just now and the season has barely started.

I'm signing off for a few weeks as the threads on here make depressing reading. Know I've contributed to this, but it is what it is. As a few other posters have stated I've become boring starting threads stating my doubts on the ownership of the club.

Looking ahead to the start of the league campaign gives me the fear based on who we have signed and who is running the club. Anything less than 4 points from the first 4 games and the alarm bells will start to ring even louder. A positive League Cup group campaign could have led to lapsed season ticket holders renewing, but Ron and his cohorts have already blown this.

Seems just now it's one debacle after the next.

Ron, his son and Kensall are ruining Hibs due to their incompetence.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Remember “The Bunnet” with his “biscuit tin”?

He came in with different approach, had
    many doubters. But stuck to his course that was the opposite of where Rangers and others headed.

Iirc he got a bit of a booing when he unfurled that Championship flag. In a nice bit of history re-writing he now appears to be lauded. He steered clear of the lemmings path Rangers, Hearts and others went on spending beyond their means.

I’m not saying RG is like the bunnet or he’s got it right (we can’t keep on failing and failing fast). Right here right now is the problem but he also appears to be taking the mid-longer view into consideration maybe in time we’ll see the friuts of that we can’t imagine right now?

That said, We’re not known for our patience beyond a certain point so the Question is whether he gets much more space and time.
    The buscuit tin referred to Celtic boards pre-McCann

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    I think that's a wee bit grasping at straws
    In what sense?

Maybe folks that actually run a business of size can shed some additional perspective… The NFT fiasco I suppose was a punt, what is it hat we say “speculate to accumulate” is that just not applying that elsewhere? It’s not like flipping a light switch.

As an aside, Imagine if we’d had the COVID season with fans in the stadium? I think we’d have found a wee bit more of a connection that’s been eroded.

We are where we are and move forward.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    The buscuit tin referred to Celtic boards pre-McCann
    my mates at Uni referred to the biscuit-tin in the McCann era and it would appear is still being referred to by the support today - despite the preference of certain clubs to re-write history. It is now written as “sustainability”. Remember this was against the backdrop of Murray’s “for every Celtics £5 we’ll spend £10” (I paraphrase). McCann got pellets for his troubles but he made money out of saving and building the club effectively revolutionising it to steal the March they then had on the Rangers falling off the financial cliff they’d amassed.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherrow_Hibs View Post

Ouch.

No doubt some saying we're overeating, don't think so , Out of a Cup we usually do well in and it's not even August.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    No doubt some saying we're overeating, don't think so , Out of a Cup we usually do well in and it's not even August.
    Usually do well in? Two wins in my 39 years haha

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Can u give us an idea of those concerns. Any specifics or just a general concern he’s not the right guy? I’m sympathetic to those concerns currently
    I’d be looking at who he has moved on, the ones who have left recently to pastures new (probably before being pushed), things I’ve heard about investment on the pitch and infrastructure, and his recent fans and media podcast where he was not only patronising but inconsistent with the answers he gave.

It’s not even season start and already we’ve signed a player because of a contract oversight, out the cup on both football and administrative failures, and signed more players for an U23 side than I can ever recall a club doing in Scotland. The owners son being in charge of recruitment should never of happened as he’s not qualified to do the role. The revolving manager door bringing with it the revolving player door, the club is an utter mess on and off the pitch. It’s lost identity, character, more importantly supporters, and arguably the trust of the fan base.

That’s my thoughts on things on a public forum bud. I simply can’t see Ron Gordon turning Hibs into anything near successful I’m afraid, pains me to say as it’s the club I love.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d be looking at who he has moved on, the ones who have left recently to pastures new (probably before being pushed), things I’ve heard about investment on the pitch and infrastructure, and his recent fans and media podcast where he was not only patronising but inconsistent with the answers he gave.

It’s not even season start and already we’ve signed a player because of a contract oversight, out the cup on both football and administrative failures, and signed more players for an U23 side than I can ever recall a club doing in Scotland. The owners son being in charge of recruitment should never of happened as he’s not qualified to do the role. The revolving manager door bringing with it the revolving player door, the club is an utter mess on and off the pitch. It’s lost identity, character, more importantly supporters, and arguably the trust of the fan base.

That’s my thoughts on things on a public forum bud. I simply can’t see Ron Gordon turning Hibs into anything near successful I’m afraid, pains me to say as it’s the club I love.
    That’s clear. I’ve had concerns around some of the things you highlight but I guess I’m a bit more distant from it than others. I hope to hell you/ we are wrong and things work out but things don’t look that good just now. We might have to fight for our club again.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It's BK that needs punted for me. Ron clearly isn't an experienced football owner and needs someone guiding him along.

Don't think for a second RG is 'a con' otherwise he's a pretty punky one considering the money we're spending doing up the stadium and on signings.

BK oot, someone good in and I think things would change. Really don't trust BK at all.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Summary of Ron Gordon's time at Hibs:

Games played: 146
    Won: 62 (43%)
    Drawn: 40 (27%)
    Lost: 44 (30%)

League finishes: 7th, 3rd, 8th (average: 6th)

Cup record:
    Wins: 0
    Final: 2
    Semi final: 4
    Quarter final: 0
    1st/2nd round: 1

Record v Hearts:
    Played: 8
    Won: 1 (13%)
    Drawn: 2 (25%)
    Lost: 5 (63%)
    Goals for: 7 (0.9 per game)
    Goals against: 12 (1.5 per game)

Record v Celtic/Rangers:
    Played: 21
    Won: 1 (5%)
    Drawn: 5 (24%)
    Lost: 15 (71%)
    Goals for: 17 (0.8 per game)
    Goals against: 44 (2.1 per game)

Record v Aberdeen:
    Played: 11
    Won: 4 (36%)
    Drawn: 2 (18%)
    Lost: 5 (45%)
    Goals for: 11 (1 per game)
    Goals against: 12 (1.1 per game)

Record in cup semi/finals
    Won: 2 (25%)
    Lost: 6 (75%)
    Goals for: 10 (1.3 per game)
    Goals against: 15 (1.9 per game)

Record in cup semi/finals against teams other than Celtic or Rangers
    Played: 5
    Won: 1 (20%)
    Lost: 4 (80%)
    Goals for: 4 (0.8 per game)
    Goals against: 8 (1.6 per game)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Cup record:

Record v Hearts:

Record v Celtic/Rangers:

Record v Aberdeen:

Do Tom Farmers stats now

Blog Entries

We don't have an U 23 side, we have a development team. As we didn't have one previously it's no surprise we're recruiting a lot of players. I'm sure there's plenty valid concerns about our Club just now but making inaccurate comments doesn't help support your point.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Cup record:

Record v Hearts:

Record v Celtic/Rangers:

Record v Aberdeen:

That is ****ing grim.

Football side of Hibs is woeful just now and there is no getting away from that. And that’s the bit that matters most.
    I’m RG’s defence, I would like to point out that he appears to be lifting the commercial side of the business far beyond anything Petrie could have managed.
    Still, if he doesn’t sort out the football then who gives a monkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    We don't have an U 23 side, we have a development team. As we didn't have one previously it's no surprise we're recruiting a lot of players. I'm sure there's plenty valid concerns about our Club just now but making inaccurate comments doesn't help support your point.
    I suppose Brog my point was, is Steve Kean not on record saying the gap between 18’s and the top team is too big and he’ll be looking at over 20 games a season v U23 sides in England as there’s no Reserves or U21 leagues ?

I agree we’ve called it a Development Squad - and trust me I’m all for youth development and promoting that side of things (and investing properly in it) - but for all intents and purposes the DS is a team that’s going to be competing regularly with U23 sides to try and bridge gaps and fast track into the first team. But yep, I stand corrected on the correct squad definitions.

Blog Entries
    I suppose Brog my point was, is Steve Kean not on record saying the gap between 18’s and the top team is too big and he’ll be looking at over 20 games a season v U23 sides in England as there’s no Reserves or U21 leagues ?

I agree we’ve called it a Development Squad - and trust me I’m all for youth development and promoting that side of things (and investing properly in it) - but for all intents and purposes the DS is a team that’s going to be competing regularly with U23 sides to try and bridge gaps and fast track into the first team. But yep, I stand corrected on the correct squad definitions.
    I didn't mean to be pedantic, I was more picking up on your comment about unparalleled recruitment for that development group. As I said earlier that's understandable given we're starting from scratch.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Do Tom Farmers stats now
    Nae bother. Stats are compared via red/green.

Games played: 1322
    Won: 519 (39%)
    Drawn: 339 (26%)
    Lost: 464 (35%)

League finishes: 9th, 5th, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 10th, 1st (second tier), 6th, 3rd, 10th, 7th, 8th, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, 2nd (second tier), 3rd (second tier), 1st (second tier), 4th, 5th (average: 7th)

Cup record:
    Wins: 3 (1%)
    Final: 6 (1%)
    Semi final: 10 (21%)
    Quarter final: 13 (27%)
    1st/2nd round: 26 (54%)

Record v Hearts:
    Played: 110
    Won: 26 (24%)
    Drawn: 38 (35%)
    Lost: 46 (42%)
    Goals for: 105 (1.0 per game)
    Goals against: 148 (1.3 per game)

Record v Celtic/Rangers:
    Played: 213
    Won: 35 (16%)
    Drawn: 46 (22%)
    Lost: 132 (63%)
    Goals for: 195 (0.9 per game)
    Goals against: 423 (2.0 per game)

Record v Aberdeen:
    Played: 108
    Won: 32 (30%)
    Drawn: 28 (26%)
    Lost: 48 (44%)
    Goals for: 119 (1.1 per game)
    Goals against: 149 (1.4 per game)

Played: 30
    Won: 12 (40%)
    Drawn: 2 (7%)
    Lost: 16 (53%)
    Goals for: 37 (1.2 per game)
    Goals against: 49 (1.6 per game)

Won: 9 (43%)
    Drawn: 1 (5%)
    Lost: 11 (52%)
    Goals for: 28 (1.3 per game)
    Goals against: 31 (1.5 per game)

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Seems he’s done another sit down with the fan podcasts. Unsure when it was filmed.

https://twitter.com/strong_op_hibs/s...-Gjjka-hRn0kFg

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I didn't mean to be pedantic, I was more picking up on your comment about unparalleled recruitment for that development group. As I said earlier that's understandable given we're starting from scratch.
    Fair play mate, I was incorrect the way I put it. Just absolutely fizzing today and the administration fiasco compounded it all. But yep, your point is valid and it is a bold investment by the club - I’m just very uncomfortable with who is recruiting them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seems he’s done another sit down with the fan podcasts. Unsure when it was filmed.

https://twitter.com/strong_op_hibs/s...-Gjjka-hRn0kFg
    About an hour ago!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Don't think I'll bother.

Full of wind and pish. He actually thinks we have a good squad.