hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Writers groups

Writers groups

Wondering if any Hibees are a member or recommend any writers groups preferably in the Edinburgh area?

I’ve been writing for years and really want to do more of it. Struggled at school with what was thought dyslexicia (if that’s how it’s spelt!) and it’s always knocked my confidence.

Keen to try and build it through regular feedback and the like. I’ve had a look on line, just wondering of there’s any groups anyone recommends.

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wondering if any Hibees are a member or recommend any writers groups preferably in the Edinburgh area?

I’ve been writing for years and really want to do more of it. Struggled at school with what was thought dyslexicia (if that’s how it’s spelt!) and it’s always knocked my confidence.

Keen to try and build it through regular feedback and the like. I’ve had a look on line, just wondering of there’s any groups anyone recommends.

Thanks
    Edinburgh Uni host creative writing groups as part of their open learning programme (or they certainly used to). In my experience you get a good mix of folk at these sort of courses so no reason to feel intimidated. I'd imagine they offer online options too these days.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edinburgh Uni host creative writing groups as part of their open learning programme (or they certainly used to). In my experience you get a good mix of folk at these sort of courses so no reason to feel intimidated. I'd imagine they offer online options too these days.
    Thanks! I’ll have a look into it!