hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming there no compliance officer citings from the weekend?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Nothing yet regarding Saturday but we've accepted a one match League Cup ban for him as a result of the ineligible player issue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Nothing yet regarding Saturday but we've accepted a one match League Cup ban for him as a result of the ineligible player issue.
    I thought St Johnstone were considering an appeal for Davidsons red card, haven’t heard anything on this either

Rocky has been arguably our best player this season so far. Delighted for him.

No Hampden hearing for him either, Hibs have accepted a 1 match ban in next season league cup competition.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    No Hampden hearing for him either, Hibs have accepted a 1 match ban in next season league cup competition.
    Still could happen tomorrow I think

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    And a goal .

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he looked comfortable enough on the left of the 2 when him and Porto swapped in the 2nd half. Also think we get better from Porto playing on the right so maybe a better option for the derby

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    With all the negative threads about how poor our players, thought I would elevate this one back to the front page of the messageboard. If only to highlight that it's possible for players to go through a period of poor form to show that they are actually a good player. Rocky is showing that he's better than what the majority of our support thought after a few games. It's now up to other players, new recruits or established players to do the same.

Hope Rocky is back for the The Rangers game!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    With all the negative threads about how poor our players, thought I would elevate this one back to the front page of the messageboard. If only to highlight that it's possible for players to go through a period of poor form to show that they are actually a good player. Rocky is showing that he's better than what the majority of our support thought after a few games. It's now up to other players, new recruits or established players to do the same.

I've seen nothing from Rocky to suggest he's anything other than rocky at the back.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I've seen nothing from Rocky to suggest he's anything other than rocky at the back.
    You’ve missed every game this season then. He’s barely put a foot wrong.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    You’ve missed every game this season then. He’s barely put a foot wrong.
    He's not made any howlers that have led to a goal yet, but he's not been as good as folk are making out, everyone is doing their best to support him with what's went on with him but he's not the answer to be starting every week yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    He's not made any howlers that have led to a goal yet, but he's not been as good as folk are making out, everyone is doing their best to support him with what's went on with him but he's not the answer to be starting every week yet.
    Well his direct replacement on Saturday did cost us a goal. Rocky should be straight back in the team.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    He would have probably made more than the half arsed attempts to stop the first goal.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Well his direct replacement on Saturday did cost us a goal. Rocky should be straight back in the team.
    Him and Porty were both guilty of creating the hearts goal.

@hibs.net private member
    This is about where I am.

He’s been fine this season and deserves his place in the team as it stands. I do think it’s been over egged a bit after what went on when he signed though.

He's looked very good since he signed permanently, I think we're starting to see why we chose to initially bring him to the club.

I would however beg that when he does make a mistake, might be Saturday might be in 10 weeks, we look at the bigger picture and how far he's come overall and stay supportive of him as he develops as he's still a young lad that looks to have good potential for his age.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Him and Porty were both guilty of creating the hearts goal.
    And Kenneh! Feeble challenge in 1st place then trotted behind Nouble for 30 yards.

Is Rocky not just another example of a few people saying a player or manager is terrible , repeating it a few times then it becomes fact ? Like saying certain or all transfer windows were catastrophic or similar when 90% of fans wouldn`t agree or would at least understand that signing players is a very complicated matter . Rocky hs been decent this season just as he was last season except for half the game at Tynecastle .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Is Rocky not just another example of a few people saying a player or manager is terrible , repeating it a few times then it becomes fact ? Like saying certain or all transfer windows were catastrophic or similar when 90% of fans wouldn`t agree or would at least understand that signing players is a very complicated matter . Rocky hs been decent this season just as he was last season except for half the game at Tynecastle .
    Yep.

Way too much emphasis was placed on his Tynecastle disaster.

He was decent for us last season, and with his point to prove this season has been excellent.

I always felt Hanlon was hard done by with this stuff. Solid for months, makes a mistake that leads to a goal and castigated as if he did it often. Centre halves will makes mistakes, like other players, like managers, like referees. When they make mistakes though, they can be embarrassing and costly.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Well that’s all our centre half’s out then, because he’s been the best of them all, so by that logic none of them are starting quality for us.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Well that’s all our centre half’s out then, because he’s been the best of them all, so by that logic none of them are starting quality for us.
    Apart from Porteous I don't think any of them should be starting tbh, Mclelland should be in the development side, Mcgregor is past it but could be brought on for 10mins or so if defending a lead, Hanlon isn't good enough and should be moved on imo. We need to go out and sign at least one centre half this week that can play on the left side beside Porto, someone with real quality and a presence, although tbh I'd settle for someone that has played in our league and doesn't make too many mistakes, even a Joe ****hnessy or Ayo Obileye would be better than what we've got atm imo, but left sided is important.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 16-08-2022 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Totally agree mate, but that says more about where we are at atm. Porteous should be our RCB Rocky his backup. Someone needs to come in and make that LCB spot their own.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    And Kenneh! Feeble challenge in 1st place then trotted behind Nouble for 30 yards.
    Wrong game

One thing I do know is that if he is fit he comes back into the team on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    One thing I do know is that if he is fit he comes back into the team on Sunday.
    Let's hope he's back before then

This forum is ******* grim at times. With all the negative posts about our players, I thought I would highlight that it is possible for players to go through some periods of poor form and then turn things around. At no time am I saying that Rocky is the answer to all our problems at the back, just that he's better than what he showed us at times in the past. No doubt he'll have poor moments in the future.

However, some can't resist revelling in the negativity of it all.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    This forum is ******* grim at times. With all the negative posts about our players, I thought I would highlight that it is possible for players to go through some periods of poor form and then turn things around. At no time am I saying that Rocky is the answer to all our problems at the back, just that he's better than what he showed us at times in the past. No doubt he'll have poor moments in the future.

However, some can't resist revelling in the negativity of it all.
    Unfortunately some people can't see the middle ground between two polarising opinions.