hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 155
  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To see if he can recapture previous form and hunger, it would be free and the club would have nothing to lose if you are right and he is finished.

    If you are wrong god forbid, and he can get back to being a prolific scorer, its a win win.
    This is it for me.
    Surely it's worth bringing LG into Eastmains for a wee chat and to run the rule over him to see if both sides think something could work.

    If so, there's lots of gains for us and him.

    GGTTH


    GGTTH


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do people assume he would be willing to play for free?
    Don’t think anyone is suggesting he’d play for free, just let him train with us and see if he still has it. That wouldn’t cost us. I’m with blackpoolhibs on this one, don’t see what we have to lose by looking at him in training.

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do people assume he would be willing to play for free?
    I'm not assuming anything, i'd just like the club to offer him training facilities to asses him. If he's crap then its tatty bye, i'd not want the club to commit to any contract without seeing him train with the players first.

    As i said before, nothing to lose.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not assuming anything, i'd just like the club to offer him training facilities to asses him. If he's crap then its tatty bye, i'd not want the club to commit to any contract without seeing him train with the players first.

    As i said before, nothing to lose.
    Would he not be inundated with offers to train for free from most clubs in Scotland, and maybe he is, with a view to it turning into a deal if it’s a no lose scenario.

    Wouldn’t be upset if he was given an opportunity to train but would prefer to look at players on the way up than someone trying to revive their career and who will be 32 next month.

  6. #95
    “If we get him fit and his head right”

    Something we’ve heard for years and never happens.

    He failed and Dundee and Falkirk.

    I wanted him back as much as the next guy a couple of years ago but for me I just can’t see him getting back to a decent standard for a lengthy period of time.

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,852
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would he not be inundated with offers to train for free from most clubs in Scotland, and maybe he is, with a view to it turning into a deal if it’s a no lose scenario.

    Wouldn’t be upset if he was given an opportunity to train but would prefer to look at players on the way up than someone trying to revive their career and who will be 32 next month.
    No idea?

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    75
    Posts
    20,542
    Blog Entries
    1
    This thread is verging on being pathetic. Get a life, folks, and think of a bright future for Hibs.

  9. #98
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,824
    Bring. Him. Home.

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    75
    Posts
    20,542
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bring. Him. Home.
    …. the emoji has gone, ……… maybe you are coming to your senses!!!

  11. #100
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bring. Him. Home.
    Back to Parkhead? 🤣

  12. #101
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is it for me.
    Surely it's worth bringing LG into Eastmains for a wee chat and to run the rule over him to see if both sides think something could work.

    If so, there's lots of gains for us and him.

    GGTTH
    Would you do that for any other player who failed at Dundee then Falkirk in league 1 or only cause his name is Leigh Griffiths?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is verging on being pathetic. Get a life, folks, and think of a bright future for Hibs.
    Charming

  14. #103
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    …. the emoji has gone, ……… maybe you are coming to your senses!!!

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you do that for any other player who failed at Dundee then Falkirk in league 1 or only cause his name is Leigh Griffiths?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    If his name was anything else and he was an ex international player who we knew had previous flaws, but may have gotten his health issues under control, I'd say have him in for a chat to see how that goes.
    Nowt to lose doing that I'd say

    GGTTH


    GGTTH

  16. #105
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If his name was anything else and he was an ex international player who we knew had previous flaws, but may have gotten his health issues under control, I'd say have him in for a chat to see how that goes.
    Nowt to lose doing that I'd say

    GGTTH
    Garry Kenneth is at Lochee United, he’d probably be quite cheap.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  17. #106
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Garry Kenneth is at Lochee United, he’d probably be quite cheap.
    Worth giving him training facilities for a few weeks to see if he is good enough?

  18. #107
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worth giving him training facilities for a few weeks to see if he is good enough?
    No, because that would be ridiculous.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  19. #108
    I listened earlier on to his interview from yesterday & just felt sorry for him.

    In the space of just under 24 months he’s went from scoring a penalty to take Scotland to the euros for the first team in decades, to struggling to get a club having made next to no impact at Falkirk - in league 1.

    Gave us some great memories almost a decade ago but I wouldn’t want Hibs anywhere near him.

    If he wasn’t a Hibs fan/had played for the club in the past then this discussion wouldn’t even be happening.

    Wish him the best but not at Hibs, he’s nowhere near where we want to be as a club.

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is verging on being pathetic. Get a life, folks, and think of a bright future for Hibs.
    Exactly. Some of the comments are verging on the bizarre. We look like we have a promising squad with lots of young talent. LG isn’t the ideal role model for such a group. It’s almost like East Mains is being put forward as some kind of rehabilitation centre for failed former heroes.

  21. #110
    So we have a thread slagging off a current play who works his socks off at every opportunity and then a thread saying we should get someone back who hasn't worked hard in years!

  22. #111
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,523
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Some of the comments are verging on the bizarre. We look like we have a promising squad with lots of young talent. LG isn’t the ideal role model for such a group. It’s almost like East Mains is being put forward as some kind of rehabilitation centre for failed former heroes.
    Yep. I do hope he gets an opportunity at a club where he can show that he's willing to put in the graft and get back to the best he can be, but there's absolutely no reason that club should be Hibs. He's already taken a step or three backwards and had a chance to prove himself there, he may indeed need to take another step back before he can begin to move up the leagues again.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,254
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Griffiths was unreal in his prime, but that’s gone now.

    He can talk about wanting a chance all he wants, but he was given a chance at Dundee and at Falkirk, and he wasted it.

    I wouldn’t want Hibs to give him another chance now.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Some of the comments are verging on the bizarre. We look like we have a promising squad with lots of young talent. LG isn’t the ideal role model for such a group. It’s almost like East Mains is being put forward as some kind of rehabilitation centre for failed former heroes.



    This is why the suggestion we can offer training facilities at no risk whatsoever is wide of the mark.

    We need a high performance culture at the club. Even being allowed in the door at EM is a privilege a player needs to earn.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,194
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Bloody hell, this turned very "I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah'" very quickly.

    My OP wasn't really intended to suggest bringing him back to Hibs, it was more of an observation that in his training and in his tone and the content of his replies in the interview he sounded much more grounded than I've heard him be for a very long time. On the back of that I was wondering whether we might see him become more of a recognisable player than we have seen for a number of years.

    Clearly I should have made explicit that I wasn't particularly talking about at Hibs. Anyway, don't let me interrupt this Leigh Griffiths binary fest, carry on everyone.

  26. #115
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bloody hell, this turned very "I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah'" very quickly.

    My OP wasn't really intended to suggest bringing him back to Hibs, it was more of an observation that in his training and in his tone and the content of his replies in the interview he sounded much more grounded than I've heard him be for a very long time. On the back of that I was wondering whether we might see him become more of a recognisable player than we have seen for a number of years.

    Clearly I should have made explicit that I wasn't particularly talking about at Hibs. Anyway, don't let me interrupt this Leigh Griffiths binary fest, carry on everyone.
    Bloody hell, this turned very "I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah'" very quickly.

    😂😂😂😂

  27. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bloody hell, this turned very "I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah'" very quickly.

    My OP wasn't really intended to suggest bringing him back to Hibs, it was more of an observation that in his training and in his tone and the content of his replies in the interview he sounded much more grounded than I've heard him be for a very long time. On the back of that I was wondering whether we might see him become more of a recognisable player than we have seen for a number of years.

    Clearly I should have made explicit that I wasn't particularly talking about at Hibs. Anyway, don't let me interrupt this Leigh Griffiths binary fest, carry on everyone.
    Splitter.

  28. #117
    Are there any Jambos here today?

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    47,743
    Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot, they're lovely.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  30. #119
    Well, I wish him the very best for the future, wherever that may be. It's up to him to prove to the football world that he's still got it. What's written about him on football forums is irrelevant; it's what he does is important.

    What I do know is that he's one of the best free kick takers that I've seen. It's so sad that the goals against England at Hampden were only five years ago.

    Scotland 2-2 England. Leigh Griffiths free kicks - YouTube

  31. #120
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,824
    Bring him home!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)