hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Elie Youan

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mitchell’s was nothing to do with his history though, he went into a 50/50 and came out injured.
    20/80 in the other guys favour. Daft tackle

2. Log in to remove the advert

Last season`s injury situation especially from January onwards was incredibly bad luck . Clarke gets injured before he made his debut , Mitchell soon after his , main striker seriously injured while other isn`t fully recovered from another serious injury . Manager forced to play players who weren`t ready fitness wise ( Doidge after injury , Hanlon , even on loan Jasper who was great before injury in March international break but poor after, after injury , etc ) or experience wise ( 2 Norwegians for example ) . Plus McGennis , Murphy , Wright , Newell ,.. And all this after we`ve sold Boyle . Every club gets injuries every season but last season we were extremely unlucky . In the end it meant we didn`t make Europe and Maloney obviously suffered in losing his job and probably got more to prove in future managerial jobs . Hopefully we won`t have same bad luck this year and players like Melkerson and Rocky will benefit from early experience they got cause of injuries to teammates .

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=IberianHibernian;7005286]Last season`s injury situation especially from January onwards was incredibly bad luck . Clarke gets injured before he made his debut , Mitchell soon after his , main striker seriously injured while other isn`t fully recovered from another serious injury . Manager forced to play players who weren`t ready fitness wise ( Doidge after injury , Hanlon , even on loan Jasper who was great before injury in March international break but poor after, after injury , etc ) or experience wise ( 2 Norwegians for example ) . Plus McGennis , Murphy , Wright , Newell ,.. And all this after we`ve sold Boyle . Every club gets injuries every season but last season we were extremely unlucky . In the end it meant we didn`t make Europe and Maloney obviously suffered in losing his job and probably got more to prove in future managerial jobs . Hopefully we won`t have same bad luck this year and players like Melkerson and Rocky will benefit from early experience they got cause of injuries to teammates .[/QUOTE

Last seasons injuries and the imoact on our failure to get into Europe and cup final is a major reason to have a B team. Guys very close to being ready for the 1st team. A glut of injuries or poor performances them we have oven ready alternatives

[QUOTE=chippy;7005313]
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Last season`s injury situation especially from January onwards was incredibly bad luck . Clarke gets injured before he made his debut , Mitchell soon after his , main striker seriously injured while other isn`t fully recovered from another serious injury . Manager forced to play players who weren`t ready fitness wise ( Doidge after injury , Hanlon , even on loan Jasper who was great before injury in March international break but poor after, after injury , etc ) or experience wise ( 2 Norwegians for example ) . Plus McGennis , Murphy , Wright , Newell ,.. And all this after we`ve sold Boyle . Every club gets injuries every season but last season we were extremely unlucky . In the end it meant we didn`t make Europe and Maloney obviously suffered in losing his job and probably got more to prove in future managerial jobs . Hopefully we won`t have same bad luck this year and players like Melkerson and Rocky will benefit from early experience they got cause of injuries to teammates .[/QUOTE

Last seasons injuries and the imoact on our failure to get into Europe and cup final is a major reason to have a B team. Guys very close to being ready for the 1st team. A glut of injuries or poor performances them we have oven ready alternatives
    I agree entirely . May be frustrating to have to wait but hope club ride storm and stick with B team strategy as I think we`ll benefit from it in a year or two and onwards .

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Doidge and Nisbet are not injury prone as far as I can see, I'm talking about, Murphy and Magennis are both known but we now have Mitchell and in the past we lost Hallberg, Newell, Wright etc. We really struggled to play the same players week in week out, little stability.
    Murphy and magennis only really had 1 bad injury before Hibs. Murphy played every week from about 18 until that injury.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

And I say it again. Videos mean very little.
    My son has a promo video made from his US scholarship days. He looks good and beats his man but I know from watching him from U10s that he cannae hit a coos erse with a banjo. Videos lie, should always see your target play live.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He's arguably the greatest ever imo.

[QUOTE=

We still need more first team ready quality, at centre half, central midfield and striker.

Thankfully, I think our owner and manager know that and we will see more movement in and out.[/QUOTE]

Just so long as the owner realises the league season starts in a little over a month, and we still lack a decent midfield playmaker, we need options at centre back and nobody has seen any of the young forwards we've signed in action competitively.

We need our business done early this year, that means no last-minute loan deals at half eleven on the 31st of August.

After the last two transfer windows the excuse bank is empty for me, and I'm not convinced we're spending any meaningful money yet to address the deficiencies of this squad.

Time will tell, I suppose...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Just so long as the owner realises the league season starts in a little over a month, and we still lack a decent midfield playmaker, we need options at centre back and nobody has seen any of the young forwards we've signed in action competitively.

We need our business done early this year, that means no last-minute loan deals at half eleven on the 31st of August.

After the last two transfer windows the excuse bank is empty for me, and I'm not convinced we're spending any meaningful money yet to address the deficiencies of this squad.

Think we’ve signed eight players already, i don’t really think it’s reasonable to complain that we’ve not done business early this year so the club really don’t need any excuses.

How much is meaningful money and what are you basing your assumption on? Genuinely interested because on the face of it, it looks like the opposite is true.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    We’ve obviously decided to go with youthful exuberance in attack, I’m assuming McGeady will play more centrally or drift in field, we also have Henderson for that job.

I do agree that central midfield and defence both look light though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We’ve obviously decided to go with youthful exuberance in attack, I’m assuming McGeady will play more centrally or drift in field, we also have Henderson for that job.

I do agree that central midfield and defence both look light though.
    Centre half especially. We’ve looked light here for a couple of seasons imho and it definitely needs addressed this window.

From the squad that left for Program i think we’re still a midfielder and a striker short as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Centre half especially. We’ve looked light here for a couple of seasons imho and it definitely needs addressed this window.

From the squad that left for Program i think we’re still a midfielder and a striker short as well.
    I'd have to agree definitely short, I'd like 6 but that's hellish greedy, need 4 like you say min 1 CB , a CM player or 2 and perhaps 1 more in forward areas'.
    Obviously to get those in people would need to be moved on.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I think we can safely assume the owner understands when the season starts!

Also we have already signed 8 players so clearly we have done a lot of business early already.

And I can confidently predict our new manager will indeed be assessing what else he needs and working with the recruitment team accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

Also we have already signed 8 players so clearly we have done a lot of business early already.

And I can confidently predict our new manager will indeed be assessing what else he needs and working with the recruitment team accordingly!
    I don't think I can remember a time when Hibs were ready for the start of the season. Maybe under Ross when we have an excellent start to the season defensively in the empty grounds? Or when we flew out of the blocks in the Championship under Lennon?

Stubbs had a lot to do during his summer windows and there's no doubt that the business he did came very good in the end, but he still managed to start both of his seasons slowly.

Our lack of preparedness for the start of seasons is possibly my biggest Hibs pet hate, so I can certainly empathise with anyone who gets twitchy at this time of year, even with lots of time to go to get ready.

(By contrast, I think we have often been superb at rectifying the situation in recent winter windows.)

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

I'll venture Hearts will have close to their first-pick eleven for the season ready to play us in the first Derby at Easter Road.

I'm not so convinced about us, especially given our track record of recent years when Darren McGregor was first choice centre half for our European games.

We've signed two experienced players, one of which hasn't played for half of last season, and a clutch of young, raw players under this tombola-style approach to recruitment which has bitten us on the @rse in the last two windows.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I'll venture Hearts will have close to their first-pick eleven for the season ready to play us in the first Derby at Easter Road.

I'm not so convinced about us, especially given our track record of recent years when Darren McGregor was first choice centre half for our European games.

We've signed two experienced players, one of which hasn't played for half of last season, and a clutch of young, raw players under this tombola-style approach to recruitment which has bitten us on the @rse in the last two windows.
    Yep. Padlock the gates. We’re done.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    It’s a particular bug bear of mines that people keep attributing the summer recruitment last year to the same people as the January window.

It wasn’t the same people in charge, and I don’t particularly (if at all) agree that they mirror each other in the way they were carried out.

The results were largely the same, but I don’t think that means they were approached in the same way.

Not a big deal of course it’s just something I have seen people using as a means of critique but I believe it to be incorrect.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

But it’s clear we are a different stages in terms of building a squad.

Hearts are complimenting a team that finished 3rd while we are doing what a lot of fans have asked for and looking to overhaul the squad with a new manager.

You either have faith in that approach and that we are building a Dev squad and a First Team squad following a process that involves a global approach in terms of sourcing players based off certain parameters (including key input from LJ) or you don’t I suppose.

Not sure harking back to what we did in previous windows is overly informative in terms of what we are doing this summer but only time will tell. So far though I quite like what we have done and I’m pretty sure there is more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Yep. Padlock the gates. We’re done.
    No wish to be a pedant myself, but that's not the point I was making, but I suspect you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    It’s a particular bug bear of mines that people keep attributing the summer recruitment last year to the same people as the January window.

It wasn’t the same people in charge, and I don’t particularly (if at all) agree that they mirror each other in the way they were carried out.

The results were largely the same, but I don’t think that means they were approached in the same way.

Not a big deal of course it’s just something I have seen people using as a means of critique but I believe it to be incorrect.
    They did the same thing as previous Board/recruitment teams at Hibs did though - sold our best player, didn't replace him adequately and half of those they did bring in have been subsequently released because they weren't good enough.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

You compare us to Hearts transfer business, yet some of their best business last summer that saw them to 3rd were players with similar CVs to those we are signing.

Alex Cochrane - had only started one game for Brighton in the league cup and played 500 minutes in the Belgian 2nd tier.
    Beni Baningime - 21 year old from Premier League reserves, only 7 professional starts in his career.
    Cammy Devlin and Nathaniel Atkinson - Young Players from Aussie league.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You compare us to Hearts transfer business, yet some of their best business last summer that saw them to 3rd were players with similar CVs to those we are signing.

Alex Cochrane - had only started one game for Brighton in the league cup and played 500 minutes in the Belgian 2nd tier.
    Beni Baningime - 21 year old from Premier League reserves, only 7 professional starts in his career.
    Cammy Devlin and Nathaniel Atkinson - Young Players from Aussie league.
    Good point.

I just hope we're not asking laddies to do mens' jobs. It's one key factor our recruitment team doesn't seem to get.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I just hope we're not asking laddies to do mens' jobs. It's one key factor our recruitment team doesn't seem to get.
    We got relegated with a midfield of men and then won the Scottish cup with a midfield of players we signed as laddies. Players are either good enough or not good enough, I really don’t understand the obsession some have with defining players by their ages.

I think they get it. I think they very much get it.

Perhaps it's Johnson's influence but the "laddies" we are signing right now are ready to step up.

Looking forward to it.

If they are good enough they are old enough.

The game is littered with those who are old enough but nowhere near adequate

Assistant manager for Youan’s old club gives his opinion

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...s-new-24339046

He is beautiful. Think I have a man crush.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    We got relegated with a midfield of men and then won the Scottish cup with a midfield of players we signed as laddies. Players are either good enough or not good enough, I really don’t understand the obsession some have with defining players by their ages.

Not been watching football for long?

Age is quite an important factor. Youthful energy is great, but also nous and experience.

It’s all about balance.