hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Elie Youan

First Team Breakthrough

Elie Youan

Another striker signed on loan looks big and powerful with pace

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m really excited about him.

Still young but has actually played and scored goals at a high level. Looks rapid, strong skilful and good in the air.

For those wanting to know/see a bit more about our latest signing;

First interview;

https://youtu.be/ZBHGA4Cuxy0

Instagram;

https://instagram.com/e.youan?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Highlights;

https://youtu.be/T9qXnJrVbKw

https://youtu.be/AqGzZx8KQvU

https://youtu.be/o9LG0hQungs

https://youtu.be/oQUkFECH8uQ

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Definitely looks an exciting signing, interesting the official article talks about him possibly "left-hand side of a front three" - a not so subtle hint about what we can expect from LJ's lineups?

@hibs.net private member
    Can see him and Tavares causing havoc for opposing defenders

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see him and Tavares causing havoc for opposing defenders
    Unbelievably excited at the thought of this.

He certainly doesn't lack any confidence, looking forward to seeing him play.

Welcome to the Hibernian Family Elie.

This is more like it, a guy with a bit of experience of first team football at a good level and certainly looks physical and energetic, could well be just what we need up front. I watched the interview with Nohan Kenneh after Youan's You Tube clip too ... first time I'd seen it and I certainly got a good feeling about him as well.

There certainly seems to be an energy and willingness to succeed surrounding the youngsters we have signed, if that can translate onto the park maybe this could be a better season than I dared hope for ..... if, if if,

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Love him already.
    Anyone who's here to win the title certainly gets my vote 😁
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    Out there on the terraces the team always gets my full support. I’m not a booer and I don’t generally slate any players.

But in here, I am hugely sceptical about our close season signings. It feels a bit like the Duff Jim close season when he brought in ‘up and coming’ youngsters. They didn’t work out. David Elliot, Jamie Mcquilken, Tall Pish, Jimmy Boco and Lee Power anyone?.

And I say it again. Videos mean very little.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Out there on the terraces the team always gets my full support. I’m not a booer and I don’t generally slate any players.

But in here, I am hugely sceptical about our close season signings. It feels a bit like the Duff Jim close season when he brought in ‘up and coming’ youngsters. They didn’t work out. David Elliot, Jamie Mcquilken, Tall Pish, Jimmy Boco and Lee Power anyone?.

What would it take you to be enthused about them?

I feel sorry for Clyde

Coaching Staff

Your a real Ray of sunshine 😂

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I feel sorry for Clyde
    I think we’ll beat them every which way but loose.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

It's nothing like that at all

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I think we’ll beat them every which way but loose.
    Sounds like you've got tunnel vision.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

I don’t see the comparison at all between now with the signings of Jim Duffy. In fact, there are some people on here moaning that we are not bringing in more players with the types of CV Elliot and Tosh had when they signed for us.

David Elliot - 28 year old with over 200 appearances for Celtic, Falkirk, Partick.
    Paul Tosh - 24 year old with over 100 appearances for Dundee.

Tall Pish 😂😂 genuinely laughed out loud there. But come on, are we really comparing this close season to one approaching 30 years ago?

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I don’t see the comparison at all between now with the signings of Jim Duffy. In fact, there are some people on here moaning that we are not bringing in more players with the types of CV Elliot and Tosh had when they signed for us.

David Elliot - 28 year old with over 200 appearances for Celtic, Falkirk, Partick.
    Paul Tosh - 24 year old with over 100 appearances for Dundee.
    Yeah they were known quantities…we knew they were crap when we signed them

Totally different , Duff Jimmy signed his pals , this is completely unique. Enjoy it.

That's a complete and utter pile of bs. But, you probably meant it to be. Sad really when you know nothing about any of the new players.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    I hope we have a cast iron option on him. If this lad plays well, I don't want to experience another Celtic - Agathe situation.

Thats brutal Jimmy Boco was my hero as a kid, think I've still got one of those Boco wigs lying around somewhere, dude was even the captain of the Benin national side. You need to have a word with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by aberhibsfc View Post
    I hope we have a cast iron option on him. If this lad plays well, I don't want to experience another Celtic - Agathe situation.
    Aw that was horrible, he was amazing to watch, remember that goal against Dundee from the half way line then seeing Rab Douglas go mental after it, was class. If he had joined nowadays he would have been labeled as ***** and getting booos everytime he touched the ball after he missed that sitter in i think what was his first game too lol.

What was the actual deal there, I thought we took him on like a 3 month trial or something he did well and Celtic then took him, but we got like a tiny amount of money didnt we? So did we let him leave before the end of the loan or something?

That was a big **** up, we would have made decent money from him when he eventually left, Mcleish it was in charge at the time eh?

When I seen a headline on news now I thought this was a signing for the ladies team 😁

Looks a good prospect on paper so another one to get excited about.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Love him already.
    Anyone who's here to win the title certainly gets my vote 😁
    Terrific interview full of confidence and doesn't he just look the part, looking forward to seeing him play 👍

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ZitellZeTime View Post
    Aw that was horrible, he was amazing to watch, remember that goal against Dundee from the half way line then seeing Rab Douglas go mental after it, was class. If he had joined nowadays he would have been labeled as ***** and getting booos everytime he touched the ball after he missed that sitter in i think what was his first game too lol.

What was the actual deal there, I thought we took him on like a 3 month trial or something he did well and Celtic then took him, but we got like a tiny amount of money didnt we? So did we let him leave before the end of the loan or something?

That was a big **** up, we would have made decent money from him when he eventually left, Mcleish it was in charge at the time eh?
    Pretty sure we had just sold Kenny Miller to Rangers and it looked like Agathe was the replacement.He was a punt as he came from Raiith Rovers and there is not a Hibs fan who knew how good he was .Fast forward an amazing goal against Dundee with Martin O neill in the crowd and Celtic did what Celtic do and nicked him from us .

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZitellZeTime View Post
    Thats brutal Jimmy Boco was my hero as a kid, think I've still got one of those Boco wigs lying around somewhere, dude was even the captain of the Benin national side. You need to have a word with yourself.
    It can now be your Jair Tavares wig 😬

Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Pretty sure we had just sold Kenny Miller to Rangers and it looked like Agathe was the replacement.He was a punt as he came from Raiith Rovers and there is not a Hibs fan who knew how good he was .Fast forward an amazing goal against Dundee with Martin O neill in the crowd and Celtic did what Celtic do and nicked him from us .
    Aye I looked it up, it was a short term trial and they nicked them from us, didn't know it was that goal and he was in the stands that sealed the deal, wish he had played ***** that day now lol.

But it says they paid just under 30k to us for him? Its no like he came through our academy or anything, so the only thing I can think is we let him go a couple of games before the end of the short term deal to get the 25-30k or something?

Says he played that well at celtic the next season several top Juventus and Valencia teams were scouting him. I mean maybe we maybe didn't know much about him but im sure Mcleish paid like 250k for Kevin Nicol from Raith who was ***** and basically sat on the bench for a few years got loaned out and never heard of again.

paid a few hundred thousand for Martin Mcintosh, Townsley got a few year contract I think but he was free like Agathe, not sure what he saw to pay money quarter of a mil and give a 4 year contract to the likes of Nicol to warm the bench but just give Agathe who was available for free just a short term trial for him to get stolen.

Was definitely a **** up, was more how we got the little fee that I can't remember though.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    It can now be your Jair Tavares wig 😬
    I was going to save it for another year or so as my hair is starting to get thin but thats a great idea, I'll just wear it all the time haha

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This is more like it, a guy with a bit of experience of first team football at a good level and certainly looks physical and energetic, could well be just what we need up front. I watched the interview with Nohan Kenneh after Youan's You Tube clip too ... first time I'd seen it and I certainly got a good feeling about him as well.

There certainly seems to be an energy and willingness to succeed surrounding the youngsters we have signed, if that can translate onto the park maybe this could be a better season than I dared hope for ..... if, if if,
    Agreed this one is a bit more like it. Has played at a decent level infront of 15K fans every week so should know what it's all about.
    For some sort of comparison, he's scored 11 in 47 for St Gallen in the Swiss top flight. Kamberi scored 3 in 41 with a spell at the same club.

Part of me thinks we are going all out with the policy of buying young sellable assets and where is the plan to form a squad. The other part of me is starting to think maybe we have a signing policy and manager that is putting exciting attacking football absolutely at the forefront that will fans looking forward to going back to Easter Road again after watching dreary football for too long - this I think we can all get behind and become part of the performance as LJ keeps saying.

The feeling changes on a daily basis but the more of these signings that come in the door the more it will be exciting to find out.