hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 2022 Wimbledon

Two horrible players in the final so gave it a miss.

Rafa's injury made the men's singles such an anti-climax and unfortunately handed Novax the title.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant tribute to Sue Barker.

Wimbledon won't be the same without her.
    Agree, she is the ultimate professional and will be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Agree, she is the ultimate professional and will be sorely missed.
    Hopefully the BBC make a better job of replacing her on their Wimbledon coverage than they did at replacing her on Question of Sport.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Nick Kyrgios: Wimbledon fan to take legal action against Australian - BBC Sport

A fan who Nick Kyrgios said was "drunk out of her mind" during the Wimbledon final is taking legal action against the Australian tennis player.
    Kyrgios, who lost the final to Novak Djokovic in July, said the woman looked "like she has had about 700 drinks" as he complained to the umpire about her.

Anna Palus has now instructed solicitors to bring defamation proceedings against Kyrgios.
    She accuses Kyrgios of a "reckless and entirely baseless allegation".
    "Not only did this cause considerable harm on the day, resulting in my temporary removal from the arena, but Mr Kyrgios' false allegation was broadcast to and read by millions around the world, causing me and my family very substantial damage and distress,"

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

A fan who Nick Kyrgios said was "drunk out of her mind" during the Wimbledon final is taking legal action against the Australian tennis player.
    Kyrgios, who lost the final to Novak Djokovic in July, said the woman looked "like she has had about 700 drinks" as he complained to the umpire about her.

Anna Palus has now instructed solicitors to bring defamation proceedings against Kyrgios.
    "Not only did this cause considerable harm on the day, resulting in my temporary removal from the arena, but Mr Kyrgios' false allegation was broadcast to and read by millions around the world, causing me and my family very substantial damage and distress,"
    She says she's not litigious.

She's a lawyer by profession!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    She says she's not litigious.

She's a lawyer by profession!

i can't even remember if her photo was in the media in the following few days after the game, is she just looking for publicity, she's just bringing all this out in the open again when everyone and their dug won't even recall what happened

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Incredible story. Attention seeking weird behaviour imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Incredible story. Attention seeking weird behaviour imo.
    Her and him should just pick up the phone and become mates. They're both weirdos.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk