hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I actually despise some of our fans. A 22 year old thinks we hate him cause he's signed. That is absolutely shocking. Feel so bad for the guy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right that was not fair
    I do not agree with abuse players/managers anyone gets online or from the terraces.

I don't think there are many Hibs players who didn't receive abuse last season...sadly

Mueller has left & tweeting the stuff he likes to tweet and he's still getting abuse off Hibs fans

Anyway, mine was not meant in the way it's been interpreted.

We move on & get behind the Club and everyone involved

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I do not agree with abuse players/managers anyone gets online or from the terraces.

I don't think there are many Hibs players who didn't receive abuse last season...sadly

Mueller has left & tweeting the stuff he likes to tweet and he's still getting abuse off Hibs fans

Anyway, mine was not meant in the way it's been interpreted.

We move on & get behind the Club and everyone involved
    How was it meant to be interpreted?

I love Rocky, he is a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    How was it meant to be interpreted?
    More of a in jest comment similar to folk saying "I'll drive him down myself"

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    2nd comment was me. As Callum shared the posts. There has been MANY toxic tweets from lots and lots of Hibs fans. Not seen these added

Mine was not meant in any malice. There were/are some horrible posts on every single tweet that mentioned him, sadly it's the world we live in and it is unacceptable.

I have seen similar comments as mine on the Matt Macey going to Luton but no threads about that?

I don't know Rocky personally so I can't say whether I would like him or not. I do not think he is good enough but he has been signed even by default so everyone should get behind him & the team & see how LJ gets on.

Twitter can be a horrible place and some posters on here might want to think about their tweets previously on Jack Ross especially
    Probably cos he isn't a Hibs player anymore?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

For those who were there last night, did it seem at the time that Kensell raised this merely to deflect the heat away from him as is being suggested by some?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    For those who were there last night, did it seem at the time that Kensell raised this merely to deflect the heat away from him as is being suggested by some?
    How about we just let it go and move on. Let Rocky get on with his learning and honing his game in the under 23 team.
    He is a very young man and it is scandalous how some people are treating him.
    I personally think he has a lot of good attributes and hope he progresses and rams it down the throats of the haters.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The answer you get will depend on whether the person likes or dislikes anyone in power at Hibs.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I wouldn't be fussed if we kept Bushiri and tried to develop him. He's young and has potential. Can't help but feel though that we're just trying to offload him.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    What sad, sad, sad little "men" these people are hounding a 22 year old like that on social media. It is brutal to see when he really hasn't been that bad at all to warrant anything like it.

He has my full backing and those "fans" can stay away from Easter Road forever. Pondlife with nothing better in their lives to do/take their frustrations out on than hate Hibs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I have muted probably 50 or 60 people on twitter.

It does make for a better experience.

I should say that nothing on this forum comes anywhere near social media levels of bile towards Hibs.
    Can’t you do the same here? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Probably cos he isn't a Hibs player anymore?
    Aye because he received no abuse while he was a Hibs player.

As I said my tweet was injest on a tweet from Hibs announcing the pre season game with Norwich.

NOT on him signing for Hibs on a perm contract

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Aye because he received no abuse while he was a Hibs player.

As I said my tweet was injest on a tweet from Hibs announcing the pre season game with Norwich.

NOT on him signing for Hibs on a perm contract
    So ****? He did, but he isn't a Hibs player any more. Frankly he's probably delighted because some of the abuse he took was laughable.

Yes and the player who it was directed found it hilarious, to the point where it has been discussed by the CEO.

Why don't you delete it?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I like him and think he'll be a good player for us.

I messaged him on Instagram to say ignore the 'fans' on social and to wish him well for the season.

Id encourage everyone else to do the same

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I didn’t feel it was an attempt to deflect. He’d already answered the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    What sad, sad, sad little "men" these people are hounding a 22 year old like that on social media. It is brutal to see when he really hasn't been that bad at all to warrant anything like it.

He has my full backing and those "fans" can stay away from Easter Road forever. Pondlife with nothing better in their lives to do/take their frustrations out on than hate Hibs.
    Sadly a lot of people don't have much joy in their lives besides football and this can turn into something very personal at times.

In the early 2010s when I was young and struggling pretty badly with life I would often come out with pretty visceral stuff at ER and on here, which I am in no way proud of. It wasn't excusable then and it still isn't now, but a lot of these people need help in addition to a reality check.

No one should stoop to the level of verbally abusing people they've never met.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post

Well said
    You'll probably find that some of these "fans" have never even set foot in ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    So ****? He did, but he isn't a Hibs player any more. Frankly he's probably delighted because some of the abuse he took was laughable.

Yes and the player who it was directed found it hilarious, to the point where it has been discussed by the CEO.

Why don't you delete it?
    Well until I was told about this thread I didn't know it was an issue nor did I think my tweet was offensive.

When I was told about it this morning I did delete the tweet as offence was not my intention.

The amount of abuse Hibs players got last season was disgusting and personal. Not once was it mentioned by the club.

It has now because been brought up at the Q&A been the manager & CEO, hope they don't read the hundreds of horrible tweets that they were mentioned in.

As I said, offensive, abusive tweets, language is not acceptable.

Hope we see a thread for every time a player is abused next season & people are held accountable as I have been for this.

Infact I hope we don't as it means we are winning games

I don't know any Hibs fan that 'hates' Rocky Bushiri

I do however know plenty who don't rate him much as a footballer.

Pathetic behaviour if he has been targeted by our hate mob though.

We always seem to have to have a player we dont like. When I was a lad it was Joe Tortolano or Benny Brazil before that. Last season we hade two in Drey Wright and James Scott.

I like oters find this frustrating and while all the afore mentioned players caused me frustrations, they also had some strengths and good points and at the end of the day are Hibs players. If we get on their back it will affect their confidence and performance.

Bushiri is no different and last season I saw some things to like, but I also knew that there would be a lapse in concentration at some stage. Hopefully this is something he can work on and we find an excellent player on our books

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    If this was Ben at the Q and A it does seem to have been effective in diverting attention away from the issue of whether we ended up signing him because we made the error of playing him in those last two games. 🤔

Hope he goes on to progress and be a Hibee legend.
    Having read the comments on here and what was actually said, I don't think that the last two games were an issue, he was already past the point of meeting the clause by that point.

From what I can see we had 22 games between him signing and the end of the season. I note that the way it was relayed on here was that if he played in 50% of the games he was available for then the deal would become permanent, so if he'd been available for all those games he just needed to play in 11 of them to meet the criteria.

However he was suspended for 2 games and I seem to recall injured for a couple, depending on the small print he may have been only required to play in 9 or 10 games to trigger the permanent deal.

He played in 15 games. We'd basically have ad to stop playing him before the Dundee game where he was sent off, but IIRC we had a serious defensive injury crisis at the time and his Dundee red card suspension just added to that. We were pushing for top 6 still so I can understand why he was played if they didn't think bringing anyone in from the u-18's would help get into the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Not by me, guaranteed he's a fan favourite by the end of the season.
    I’m the same. Bassey at Rangers was raw when he signed. But like Rocky, he has all the attributes to be a great player.

He’ll kick on this season and people will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    I’m the same. Bassey at Rangers was raw when he signed. But like Rocky, he has all the attributes to be a great player.

He’ll kick on this season and people will be wondering what all the fuss was about.
    Personally don't see it, but I hope I'm totally wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd much rather have a rocky who is developmentally 19 and needing coaching hours, than a mediocre player who has already reached potential. He really shouldn't have started as much initially, but he will come good imo

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    https://theathletic.com/3375656/2022...rnian-norwich/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The guy is 22. 22 for goodness sake. Younger than Ryan Porteous. He's a big unit but he's far from the finished article. I think his size makes him seem older than he is. With the right coaching and support he will develop. He came in to a toiling side in January and was coached by a novice out of his depth manager. I'm not writing him off yet. He's here now lets give the lad a bit of support.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
    I bet neither of them have been to a hibs game in their puff. Probably support some pishy English Premier league team on a Saturday, drinking pimms with a straw
    Best way to drink it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Best way to drink it.
    Nonsense. Best out of an old shoe, 7 inch Jimmy Choos work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Best way to drink it.
    Indeed. Bit of ice, hot day, lovely. I can only imagine those doubters have never enjoyed an afternoon/evening on the stuff?

"Oooooh tastes like juice" you foolishly think.

Then you're busy talking to God on the big white telephone 6 hours later and wondering what these pink stains are on your kilt socks.