hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a lot of piss.

Why do fans hate me. I haven’t seen any hatred posted towards Rocky.

I have seen fans really pissed off at his sub standard performances, notable being rag dolled off the ball at Tynie that led to a goal.

If you want fans to give you ‘love’ - show the fans what they want.
    Fight and win your personal battle on the pitch at all costs.

If you don’t. Someone else behind you will and you will move on.
    Chris Cadden made the worst error for the goal you are talking about at Tynecastle. There were 3 or 4 players far worse than Rocky that day. Yet Rocky got the brunt of the abuse?

He got widely blamed on here for Morelos goal at Ibrox, despite the fact that Porto was far more at fault. Very strange.

Sometimes once a player gets a reputation amongst fans for being pish, it becomes "gospel" and people jump on a bandwagon and look for reasons to confirm their view. Then it just becomes fun for them to post abuse and snide comments all over social media about how **** they are, presumably to make them feel slightly better about their own unhappy disposition in life.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 23-06-2022 at 08:46 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Really sad to hear this. Some folk simply are not Hibs supporters, regardless of attending games etc. They are pathetic
    Agree, it's even beginning to put me off football in general.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    There is a generation aspect to this I think. For us " older" fans, it's easy perhaps to write this sort of garbage off to sticks and stones. I can remember Alex Ferguson saying that he sought advice from Sir Matt, when he was getting torn apart in newspaper columns in his early Man U days, and the advice was don't read them.

Anything said on social media, "is in my opinion " and what really matters is what happens during the 90 minutes.

That said, we do seem to like a boo-boy and perhaps in that, we are no different to any other club. Now that Matt Macey has left, it leaves a vacancy to be filled . Maybe we should officially re-instate wee Lewis, club legend, just to show how ridiculous this can become.
    It’s not just a boo boy these days, Macey was getting it as u rightly say but so was drey wright James Scott Rocky every couple weeks how Newell and the. You still had Lewis and Hanlon, that’s a decent chunk of the squad getting constant abuse, demotivated, not just at games sometimes notifications to their phones, I’m aware they’ve probs got wise and turned that off but the nature of the beast suggests that at one stage those guys where getting it whilst sitting at home

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Chris Cadden made the worst error for the goal you are talking about at Tynecastle. There were 3 or 4 players far worse than Rocky that day. Yet Rocky got the brunt of the abuse?

He got widely blamed on here for Morelos goal at Ibrox, despite the fact that Porto was far more at fault. Very strange.

Sometimes once a player gets a reputation amongst fans for being pish, it becomes "gospel" and people jump on a bandwagon and look for reasons to confirm their view. Then it just becomes fun for them to post abuse and snide comments all over social media about how **** they are, presumably to make them feel slightly better about their own unhappy disposition in life.
    Rocky wasn’t and isn’t half as bad as a lot of posters will have you believe guy came in from 6months of no football fitness was an issue the whole time but now his confidence is shot to **** and he’ll be a nervous wreck a fine job by our own SUPPORTERS vocal minority or not

Think Rocky might do ok under Decent Management

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    And last night. Ben has managed to deflect any criticism away from himself or the club.
    Call me a cynic but that was my first thought when I heard that our CEO mentioned Rocky asking why the fans hated him. Maybe he should take responsibility for the "less than ringing endorsement" club statement that came out when we signed him, basically said we don't really want you but we're contractually obliged to sign you.

If I were a betting man I'd say Rocky will be away before the end of the window.

Oh, not in any way condoning any abuse BTW, not sure where people get all that hatred from.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

It's all wee ****ing weirdos on Twitter looking for likes from other wee ****ing weirdos. Must make them feel validated as a person on something. They probably don't even understand if someone is a decent player or not, but just go with whatever's popular with the wee ****ing weirdo crowd at that time. How can these people possibly enjoy life?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    It's all wee ****ing weirdos on Twitter looking for likes from other wee ****ing weirdos. Must make them feel validated as a person on something. They probably don't even understand if someone is a decent player or not, but just go with whatever's popular with the wee ****ing weirdo crowd at that time. How can these people possibly enjoy life?
    A lot of it is going to be high school age kids that don't even consider the impact of what they say on the internet, just fire something awful up and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Think Rocky might do ok under Decent Management
    I like him, very raw but great attitude and think he will do well for us with the right coaching in the right team. Proper cult hero status awaits!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Rocky wasn’t and isn’t half as bad as a lot of posters will have you believe guy came in from 6months of no football fitness was an issue the whole time but now his confidence is shot to **** and he’ll be a nervous wreck a fine job by our own SUPPORTERS vocal minority or not
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    A lot of it is going to be high school age kids that don't even consider the impact of what they say on the internet, just fire something awful up and forget about it.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Call me a cynic but that was my first thought when I heard that our CEO mentioned Rocky asking why the fans hated him. Maybe he should take responsibility for the "less than ringing endorsement" club statement that came out when we signed him, basically said we don't really want you but we're contractually obliged to sign you.

If I were a betting man I'd say Rocky will be away before the end of the window.

Oh, not in any way condoning any abuse BTW, not sure where people get all that hatred from.
    Do you think the abuse only started after that statement came out? Stop trying to deflect away from some Hibs fans being pricks, nobody is forced to be abusive to our own players.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    It is a psychological trait that those who initially criticise a course of behaviour, but then provide justification for those who condone it, are generally perpetrators. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I like him, very raw but great attitude and think he will do well for us with the right coaching in the right team. Proper cult hero status awaits!
    Yeah, I also get the feeling now that for every internet bampot who chooses to send him abuse, there are now 10 or so people quietly rooting for him to shut a few people up.

He might not have been brilliant last season but he wasn't the worst player I've ever seen, not by a long shot, and he didn't appear to have any attitude issues to me.

There are a lot of raw materials there, although if Lee Johnson is as gung ho as some seem to suggest, it might not be a comfortable season for any of our defenders.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    A couple of comments that Rocky has “liked” on twitter to point out he’s seen them….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought this for a while, and obviously it's anecdotal, but I don't think it's any coincidence at all that we had our best season in a while whilst playing in empty stadiums.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

This element of the support developed under Hecky and has never gone away. Disgusting and toxic.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I've thought this for a while, and obviously it's anecdotal, but I don't think it's any coincidence at all that we had our best season in a while whilst playing in empty stadiums.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    A couple of comments that Rocky has “liked” on twitter to point out he’s seen them….

Second one classic example of the toxic online behaviour these days, slagging someone off, saying stuff you'd never say to their face, and once found out backing down and acting like you really like the guy.

First Team Breakthrough
    First comment I saw on a fb post about this was 'Stop greeting ffs, they're paid to take negativity'.....sums up the issue for me. Those that abuse the players will continue to do so without thought or feeling as they believe it's right as a football fan to abuse players with not comeback on themselves.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This element of the support developed under Hecky and has never gone away. Disgusting and toxic.
    Before that, at Hecky’s first home game a section of the crowd was singing “one Neil Lennon” when he was unveiled and it was heard on a few occasions after that. Always thought that was a very ****ty way to welcome a new manager.

I think as we welcomed thousands more people through the gates on a weekly basis after our cup win there was an element of louts who were inevitably part of it.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 23-06-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Joe Tortolano (and then others) might argue that it goes back a wee bit further than Hecky.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I’ll be honest, I usually leave my moaning about Hibs for on here as I don’t like that sort of thing at the stadium. I don’t think I’ve ever strayed from just being angry at a performance but it would make me think twice before reacting in a negative manner.

I’m not happy at all about how we’ve handled the signing of him whatsoever but he’s a Hibby, he can’t be accused of giving less than 100% and he has my full support as such.

Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    First comment I saw on a fb post about this was 'Stop greeting ffs, they're paid to take negativity'.....sums up the issue for me. Those that abuse the players will continue to do so without thought or feeling as they believe it's right as a football fan to abuse players with not comeback on themselves.
    That rips my knitting

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

I bet neither of them have been to a hibs game in their puff. Probably support some pishy English Premier league team on a Saturday, drinking pimms with a straw

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Not by me, guaranteed he's a fan favourite by the end of the season.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Joe Tortolano (and then others) might argue that it goes back a wee bit further than Hecky.
    Yip add Benny Brazil

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Yip add Benny Brazil
    Talk to folk now though and both Super Joe and Benny are remembered with great fondness. Certainly more so than some others of similar eras who were maybe more talented but didn't give everything every time they played like these guys did. Funny how it goes around.

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    Second one classic example of the toxic online behaviour these days, slagging someone off, saying stuff you'd never say to their face, and once found out backing down and acting like you really like the guy.

2nd comment was me. As Callum shared the posts. There has been MANY toxic tweets from lots and lots of Hibs fans. Not seen these added

Mine was not meant in any malice. There were/are some horrible posts on every single tweet that mentioned him, sadly it's the world we live in and it is unacceptable.

I have seen similar comments as mine on the Matt Macey going to Luton but no threads about that?

I don't know Rocky personally so I can't say whether I would like him or not. I do not think he is good enough but he has been signed even by default so everyone should get behind him & the team & see how LJ gets on.

Twitter can be a horrible place and some posters on here might want to think about their tweets previously on Jack Ross especially

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
    I bet neither of them have been to a hibs game in their puff. Probably support some pishy English Premier league team on a Saturday, drinking pimms with a straw
    So you can assume about folk and have an opinion on someone on an online forum........

I can confirm I do not like Pimms

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    So you can assume about folk and have an opinion on someone on an online forum........

I can confirm I do not like Pimms
    You're right that was not fair