hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Rocky Hated by fans

After getting told of what was said at tonight’s Q&A with the management team. It really annoyed me and actually found it quite upsetting that Rocky had to ask Ben why the fans hated him. This isn’t right. No Hibs player should ever be made to feel like that. I hope fans can get behind him now and show the big man some love. I hope he uses this as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. But that line tonight from the Q&A is a very poor reflection on our fan base.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After getting told of what was said at tonight’s Q&A with the management team. It really annoyed me and actually found it quite upsetting that Rocky had to ask Ben why the fans hated him. This isn’t right. No Hibs player should ever be made to feel like that. I hope fans can get behind him now and show the big man some love. I hope he uses this as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. But that line tonight from the Q&A is a very poor reflection on our fan base.
    I saw someone refer to that on Twitter and it really is shameful.

Folk, at some point, need to reflect on how toxic their words can be.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That's absolutely pathetic. Really feel for him, completely inexcusable.

The people who're actually responsible won't care though. Free speech etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Our fan base seems to have been taken over by absolute *****.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Our fan base seems to have been taken over by absolute *****.
    Its been like this for a bit. I remember Stevenson having 7/10 performances every week yet groans and boos towards him constantly as he came through as a kid.

Our fans NEED a scapegoat, always have always will. See Liam Craig, Stevenson, Hanlon, Nish, Macey, Rocky, all got some pretty disgusting abuse, it's only easier for everyone else to notice now that its the age of social media. The same idiots were about years ago as well, the old "Hibs fans use to support their own" myth has never been true. We're a fickle set of fans and as every year goes on the pre social media age of Hibs fans seem to get better and better.

For as long as I've been alive and going to Hibs games we've had fans like this, its infuriating but its nothing new.

If you're a player at Hibs you're either world class or couldn't get a game for Broxburn Juniors. There's never an in-between with our fans, one extreme to another.

If you look at the FB profiles giving abuse and listing the mental comments most come from 30-60yo Hibs Da's.
    Last edited by cameronw-hfc; 22-06-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Some of the nonsense spouted by so called fans goes way beyond acceptable. But there's little doubt the general consensus amongst the fans is that few were impressed by his outings for the club during his loan spell and just as few were keen to see him given a contract based on those performances.

The plain fact is, a few morons aside who will spout OTT nonsense no matter who the player is, that Rocky isn't a hit with our fanbase just now, it's not 'hate' it's simply a lack of enthusiasm for a player we don't rate, and I'll freely admit I'm one of them. I'll be more than happy to see him ram that assessment right down my throat.

Hate him? ... Absolutely not.

Don't rate him? ... absolutely.

In short. The folk who post hateful pish will always do that and cant be won over, 90 odd percent of fans simply call things as they see them and if you prove them wrong they'll love you for it ..... over to you Rocky.

We have some real morons in our fan base, goodness me, who says that is not right in the head. This is not just shameful, it is sad, those who said it need to get a real life.
    Last edited by McIntosh; 22-06-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Some of the nonsense spouted by so called fans goes way beyond acceptable. But there's little doubt the general consensus amongst the fans is that few were impressed by his outings for the club during his loan spell and just as few were keen to see him given a contract based on those performances.

The plain fact is, a few morons aside who will spout OTT nonsense no matter who the player is, that Rocky isn't a hit with our fanbase just now, it's not 'hate' it's simply a lack of enthusiasm for a player we don't rate, and I'll freely admit I'm one of them. I'll be more than happy to see him ram that assessment right down my throat.

Hate him? ... Absolutely not.

Don't rate him? ... absolutely.

In short. The folk who post hateful pish will always do that and cant be won over, 90 odd percent of fans simply call things as they see them and if you prove them wrong they'll love you for it ..... over to you Rocky.
    Maybe it’s not just hibs and all fanbases have a minority who just brutally hate on players who they don’t feel are up to it. But I’m old enough to remember Stuart Lovell getting pelters and, while in no way a footballer blessed with endless flair, he was an absolutely solid player in a really good hibs team.

I do sometimes feel that if we were winning the champions league there would be a section of fans going mental about one of our full backs and how one footed they were or whatever.

Blog Entries
    I am regularly embarrassed by and ashamed of some of the remarks made by supposed Hibs supporters on this website and further afield on ‘anti-Social media. And I don’t believe for a second that most or even a lot comes from Jambo gatecrashers. After 21 years on this messageboard, I can easily see a time when I’ll bow out avoid the unpleasantness of it all.

@hibs.net private member
    Football players should be banned from viewing social media.

As fans we all offer our critique of our players. Sadly, for some, a paucity of vocabulary seems to limit the terms of their critiques to either "brilliant" or "sheight" or variations on the theme.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I Hate Rocky. However, from what I've seen so far he is a limited footballer and on that basis I doubt the wisdom of extending his stay at ER. That said he is certainly a unit! And He's also a young player who will hopefully improve with good coaching. So I'm hopeful he will prove me wrong.

I think my opinion reflects that of most Hibs fans - so Rocky should pay less attention to the social edit haters and know that there are thousands in the stands 100% behind him and aching for him to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

As fans we all offer our critique of our players. Sadly, for some, a paucity of vocabulary seems to limit the terms of their critiques to either "brilliant" or "sheight" or variations on the theme.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I Hate Rocky. However, from what I've seen so far he is a limited footballer and on that basis I doubt the wisdom of extending his stay at ER. That said he is certainly a unit! And He's also a young player who will hopefully improve with good coaching. So I'm hopeful he will prove me wrong.

I think my opinion reflects that of most Hibs fans - so Rocky should pay less attention to the social edit haters and know that there are thousands in the stands 100% behind him and aching for him to succeed
    Excellent summary, I agree entirely.

He’s not at the standard we need at the moment, IMO. I’d love him to get there though and I wish him well in his efforts to do so. Would I put him in the hibs team every week? Absolutely not. But that’s not his fault and maybe he can get there. I certainly don’t think abusing him works for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby;[URL="tel:7001123"
    7001123[/URL]]Football players should be banned from viewing social media.
    Let’s try something novel and ban the haters

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    100% agree

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I haven't heard or seen what happened but whilst it sounds like a horrible moment the club should never put them in that position in the first place, anyone with a bit of common sense would know the reaction to his signing and the controversy around that may have come up.

Are the questions not even vetted at these things to protect everyone from the morons?
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 23-06-2022 at 06:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    That’s ****ing outrageous, the self entitled wee keyboard warrior fuds on Twitter and Facebook need to have a long hard look at themselves
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    100% agree
    Seconded.

Feel for the big guy. Not shown as much of a player so far but no need for the level of abuse he gets. Many on here saying players should stay off social media but unfortunately its becoming more evident at games. Up at dundee at the end of last season and it was a very poor performance but the level of abuse at certain players was off the scale. One young 'fan' screamed at Macey as he was leaving the ground then high fived his mate after he done it. They seem to think its a laugh...its not. Yes it has always happened to some extent but it really is starting to put some fans off going to games. It might even put players off coming too.

I don't know any Hibs fan that 'hates' Rocky Bushiri

I do however know plenty who don't rate him much as a footballer.

Pathetic behaviour if he has been targeted by our hate mob though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    What a depressing thread unfortunately social media is totally unregulated and allows social misfits a voice they shouldn't have. Players if they were sensible would stay off it or control their use of it. The club should turn off comments also and the more hateful posts reported as if that would do anything as it seems governments don't care enough about it.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    I'm with you on this Dalmeny.

Good healthy debate and having an opinion is great, but there are around 5 or 6 regular posters on here who constantly criticise our club, players, and our decent posters too.

These posters manage to stay just inside the line for being reported but they regularly bring threads down by spouting their constantly sad pathetic negative pish.

This site would be a much better place for the majority of decent minded supporters if the site admins could clear some of these tossers out.

C'mon the clear out 👍🏻

*Edit, while I'm on a roll with my rant. There used to be a poster on here, a guy who lived in France.
    His posts were always worth reading as IMHO he posted lots of good stuff worth reading, and it shone through from his posts that he loved Hibs.

He often tried defending our club and players from the constantly negative crap, but in trying to defend them he got involved in an argument or two and he no longer posts on here. Sad that this site lost a decent supporter like that.

End of rant, I'm getting ready to take my wee mutt a walk to the park.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 23-06-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I'm with you on the Dalmeny.
    Good healthy debate and having an opinion is great, but there are around 5 or 6 regular posters on here who constantly criticise our club and players. These posters manage to stay just inside the line for being reported but they regalarly bring threads down by spouting their constantly sad pathetic negative pish.

This site would be a much better place for the majority of decent minded supporters if the site admins could clear some of these tossers out.

C'mon the clear out 👍🏻

GGTTH
    If you think the moaners on .net are bad, I take it you're not au fait with Twitter or Facebook?

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    If you think the moaners on .net are bad, I take it you're not au fait with Twitter or Facebook?
    I don't do either of those for that very reason bud.

GGTTH

GGTTH

I have muted probably 50 or 60 people on twitter.

It does make for a better experience.

I should say that nothing on this forum comes anywhere near social media levels of bile towards Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

I should say that nothing on this forum comes anywhere near social media levels of bile towards Hibs.
    I was the same. Ended up probably muting more people than i followed then ended up thinking whats the point. Maybe i'm the problem! Anyway glad i got rid of Twitter. It isn't healthy being triggered by idiots all the time.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

Can’t you do the same here? 😜

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I'm with you on this Dalmeny.

Good healthy debate and having an opinion is great, but there are around 5 or 6 regular posters on here who constantly criticise our club, players, and our decent posters too.

These posters manage to stay just inside the line for being reported but they regularly bring threads down by spouting their constantly sad pathetic negative pish.

C'mon the clear out 👍🏻

*Edit, while I'm on a roll with my rant. There used to be a poster on here, a guy who lived in France.
    His posts were always worth reading as IMHO he posted lots of good stuff worth reading, and it shone through from his posts that he loved Hibs.

He often tried defending our club and players from the constantly negative crap, but in trying to defend them he got involved in an argument or two and he no longer posts on here. Sad that this site lost a decent supporter like that.

End of rant, I'm getting ready to take my wee mutt a walk to the park.

GGTTH

The poster you are talking about is welcome back imo, but his own behaviour was way out of line at times, with personal attacks from nowhere. Sometimes taking some time off is a good idea.

Football players shouldn’t be banned from viewing social media

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    They should be advised to give it a miss

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    They should be advised to give it a miss
    I remember taking with George Craig and he said it was suggested to the players that fans forums and Twitter should be avoided.

They are just ordinary guys though so you can understand the temptation to use it for both other things and to see what people are saying about you.