hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Rocky Hated by fans

After getting told of what was said at tonight’s Q&A with the management team. It really annoyed me and actually found it quite upsetting that Rocky had to ask Ben why the fans hated him. This isn’t right. No Hibs player should ever be made to feel like that. I hope fans can get behind him now and show the big man some love. I hope he uses this as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. But that line tonight from the Q&A is a very poor reflection on our fan base.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After getting told of what was said at tonight’s Q&A with the management team. It really annoyed me and actually found it quite upsetting that Rocky had to ask Ben why the fans hated him. This isn’t right. No Hibs player should ever be made to feel like that. I hope fans can get behind him now and show the big man some love. I hope he uses this as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. But that line tonight from the Q&A is a very poor reflection on our fan base.
    I saw someone refer to that on Twitter and it really is shameful.

Folk, at some point, need to reflect on how toxic their words can be.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That's absolutely pathetic. Really feel for him, completely inexcusable.

The people who're actually responsible won't care though. Free speech etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Our fan base seems to have been taken over by absolute *****.

@hibs.net private member
    Football players should be banned from viewing social media.

As fans we all offer our critique of our players. Sadly, for some, a paucity of vocabulary seems to limit the terms of their critiques to either "brilliant" or "sheight" or variations on the theme.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I Hate Rocky. However, from what I've seen so far he is a limited footballer and on that basis I doubt the wisdom of extending his stay at ER. That said he is certainly a unit! And He's also a young player who will hopefully improve with good coaching. So I'm hopeful he will prove me wrong.

I think my opinion reflects that of most Hibs fans - so Rocky should pay less attention to the social edit haters and know that there are thousands in the stands 100% behind him and aching for him to succeed

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    I actually hate some of our support on social media. Some properly weird and creepy wee freaks with too much time on their hands.

I genuinely hope Rocky will be a success and show these wee scrotes up to be pathetic little wallopers.

There is so much about the whole Rocky situation that just doesn’t reflect well on us, either the club or the supporters.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I saw this referred to on Twitter as well. I personally don’t know fans who hate him but I know fans, myself included, who wonder if he’s the level of player Hibs should be aspiring to. Up to him to have a good pre-season and then prove myself and other doubters wrong. No need for folk going OTT but sadly that’s Twitter etc for you.

A good thing for centre halves like Mark Fulton and Neil Cooper that social media wasn’t about in the 80’s. Compared to them Rocky looks like Van Dyke.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

That’s actually really sad that any person is made to feel like that, especially a young footballer who is new to a club and trying to make his way in the game.

He seemed to love the club and the city.

The abuse he’s got has been ridiculous, hopefully he can kick on and prove everyone wrong.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Yep, we really do have some absolutely moronic, immature A holes in our support

Immature, angry men who are quite frankly a disgrace (one look on twitter or FB will confirm that)

I hope rocky goes into the prove them wrong while connecting with one of his 'north sea punts' to there face

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Our fan base seems to have been taken over by absolute *****.
    Its been like this for a bit. I remember Stevenson having 7/10 performances every week yet groans and boos towards him constantly as he came through as a kid.

Our fans NEED a scapegoat, always have always will. See Liam Craig, Stevenson, Hanlon, Nish, Macey, Rocky, all got some pretty disgusting abuse, it's only easier for everyone else to notice now that its the age of social media. The same idiots were about years ago as well, the old "Hibs fans use to support their own" myth has never been true. We're a fickle set of fans and as every year goes on the pre social media age of Hibs fans seem to get better and better.

For as long as I've been alive and going to Hibs games we've had fans like this, its infuriating but its nothing new.

If you're a player at Hibs you're either world class or couldn't get a game for Broxburn Juniors. There's never an in-between with our fans, one extreme to another.

If you look at the FB profiles giving abuse and listing the mental comments most come from 30-60yo Hibs Da's.
    Last edited by cameronw-hfc; 22-06-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Really sad to hear this. Some folk simply are not Hibs supporters, regardless of attending games etc. They are pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Football players should be banned from viewing social media.

As fans we all offer our critique of our players. Sadly, for some, a paucity of vocabulary seems to limit the terms of their critiques to either "brilliant" or "sheight" or variations on the theme.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I Hate Rocky. However, from what I've seen so far he is a limited footballer and on that basis I doubt the wisdom of extending his stay at ER. That said he is certainly a unit! And He's also a young player who will hopefully improve with good coaching. So I'm hopeful he will prove me wrong.

I think my opinion reflects that of most Hibs fans - so Rocky should pay less attention to the social edit haters and know that there are thousands in the stands 100% behind him and aching for him to succeed
    Excellent summary, I agree entirely.

He’s not at the standard we need at the moment, IMO. I’d love him to get there though and I wish him well in his efforts to do so. Would I put him in the hibs team every week? Absolutely not. But that’s not his fault and maybe he can get there. I certainly don’t think abusing him works for anybody.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Certainly don't hate him by any means and more than willing to give him a chance if he stays. Some of the stuff I've seen on twitter by neanderthals is embarrassing though, you actually wonder if they are actually hibs fans half the time

Some of the nonsense spouted by so called fans goes way beyond acceptable. But there's little doubt the general consensus amongst the fans is that few were impressed by his outings for the club during his loan spell and just as few were keen to see him given a contract based on those performances.

The plain fact is, a few morons aside who will spout OTT nonsense no matter who the player is, that Rocky isn't a hit with our fanbase just now, it's not 'hate' it's simply a lack of enthusiasm for a player we don't rate, and I'll freely admit I'm one of them. I'll be more than happy to see him ram that assessment right down my throat.

Hate him? ... Absolutely not.

Don't rate him? ... absolutely.

In short. The folk who post hateful pish will always do that and cant be won over, 90 odd percent of fans simply call things as they see them and if you prove them wrong they'll love you for it ..... over to you Rocky.

We have some real morons in our fan base, goodness me, who says that is not right in the head. This is not just shameful, it is sad, those who said it need to get a real life.
    Last edited by McIntosh; 22-06-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Awful that he's become the scapegoat tbh. He's not done as much wrong as people seem to think.. In fact, in his time here, darling Porto has probably made more errors

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Some of the nonsense spouted by so called fans goes way beyond acceptable. But there's little doubt the general consensus amongst the fans is that few were impressed by his outings for the club during his loan spell and just as few were keen to see him given a contract based on those performances.

The plain fact is, a few morons aside who will spout OTT nonsense no matter who the player is, that Rocky isn't a hit with our fanbase just now, it's not 'hate' it's simply a lack of enthusiasm for a player we don't rate, and I'll freely admit I'm one of them. I'll be more than happy to see him ram that assessment right down my throat.

Hate him? ... Absolutely not.

Don't rate him? ... absolutely.

In short. The folk who post hateful pish will always do that and cant be won over, 90 odd percent of fans simply call things as they see them and if you prove them wrong they'll love you for it ..... over to you Rocky.
    Maybe it’s not just hibs and all fanbases have a minority who just brutally hate on players who they don’t feel are up to it. But I’m old enough to remember Stuart Lovell getting pelters and, while in no way a footballer blessed with endless flair, he was an absolutely solid player in a really good hibs team.

I do sometimes feel that if we were winning the champions league there would be a section of fans going mental about one of our full backs and how one footed they were or whatever.

Blog Entries
    I am regularly embarrassed by and ashamed of some of the remarks made by supposed Hibs supporters on this website and further afield on ‘anti-Social media. And I don’t believe for a second that most or even a lot comes from Jambo gatecrashers. After 21 years on this messageboard, I can easily see a time when I’ll bow out avoid the unpleasantness of it all.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I am regularly embarrassed by and ashamed of some of the remarks made by supposed Hibs supporters on this website and further afield on ‘anti-Social media. And I don’t believe for a second that most or even a lot comes from Jambo gatecrashers. After 21 years on this messageboard, I can easily see a time when I’ll bow out avoid the unpleasantness of it all.
    Agree. Too many fans on here shout down other fans contributions with virtole.

@hibs.net private member
    Hardly surprising from the same support who booed James Scott and dray Wright when they came on. This message board has been pretty vile and over negative in recent months also.

Same sort of attention seeking ****s that reply to the officials tweets on McGinn and Macey with 'YASSSSSSSSS' and the like.

Mini online celebrities in their own minds. Embarrassing.

"Football fans" are not nice people - you just have to go to a game to see that.

And then there's the internet - just look at what has been written on here about previous managers - and after every defeat about some of the players.

Yet people still complain that fans are treated badly by the owners and authorities. No - fans are badly treated because of how they behave.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Same sort of attention seeking ****s that reply to the officials tweets on McGinn and Macey with 'YASSSSSSSSS' and the like.

Mini online celebrities in their own minds. Embarrassing.
    Exactly, probable self confidence issues so take the simple route and pick on others.

This just makes me so sad re Rocky..As said he’s a young lad with potential. He just got played a bit more than expected last season. I sent him a message of support on twitter, felt had to do something.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I don’t think Rocky is as bad as some make out. He has all the attributes to be a good defender, pacy, big, strong and athletic. I think if properly coached we could a good defender on our hands. A real cult hero… remember them?

I’m sure he was playing through an injury last season at some point due to suspensions and other injuries to the squad which probably didn’t help with performances.

Maybe if we do get right behind him and he has a good pre-season, it will give him a bit of confidence then maybe just maybe he could do well for us. Funnier things have happened.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Rocky in danger of becoming the next Drey Wright

Getting the vibe that our normally unflappable and always positive Chairman Ron Gordon is getting pissed off with a section of our support as well

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    I actually hate some of our support on social media. Some properly weird and creepy wee freaks with too much time on their hands.

I genuinely hope Rocky will be a success and show these wee scrotes up to be pathetic little wallopers.
    You only have to see the post about macey on the official Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    There's a really worrying trend amongst our fans to rip in to players and the club itself. It's damaging. Ron mentioned it himself in a recent interview. What do people expect to achieve by it? Drey Wright didn't deserve the abuse he got and was clearly in his shell. The Macey as McGinn replies on social media were embarrassing. Do people not think that it reflects poorly on us as a club? Rocky unfortunately is going to be the new Wright. Is it a social media thing? Quite sad. Are fans of other clubs the same? I always hear hat you cant blame the fans for poor performances but if you were being constantly publicly slated would your work performance suffer?
    Last edited by Since452; 23-06-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby;[URL="tel:7001123"
    7001123[/URL]]Football players should be banned from viewing social media.
    Let’s try something novel and ban the haters

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Let’s try something novel and ban the haters
    100% agree