hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lee David Johnson (officially unofficial thread for updates on our manager)

The man, the myth, the manager.

Thought I'd create a space where we can discuss the man, since the old thread got derailed somewhat.

Consider this a safe space for updates, news, honest opinions and proper discussion.

LJGAWA

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    i’m very excited to see what he can do. His record is very good, imho, on a number of aspects.

We’re only a week or so away from our first pre-season game now, so we won’t have too long to wait to see if he’s as good as his chat suggests.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i’m very excited to see what he can do. His record is very good, imho, on a number of aspects.

We’re only a week or so away from our first pre-season game now, so we won’t have too long to wait to see if he’s as good as his chat suggests.
    Hoping to see some more content from Hibs with him behind the camera when we go away to Portugal.

Think he will do well but even he's said the players have had 2 managers previous to him coming in and asking them to play different styles. He's said himself it's going to take a few windows for him to sort this out. We need to be patient 👍

I like the fact he's trying to change our age old problem of pace and energy in the team, Boyle was about the only one we had with that and when he went it wasn't replaced. If we get McGeady then the problems of a creative could be solved, so far I like what I'm seeing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Ah I see what you did here.

I’m gonna hijack this thread at the earliest opportunity to revisit an argument I had on here 8 months ago, because someone disagreed with me and I feel compelled to force my opinion down their throat.

*JOKE*

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Hoping to see some more content from Hibs with him behind the camera when we go away to Portugal.

Think he will do well but even he's said the players have had 2 managers previous to him coming in and asking them to play different styles. He's said himself it's going to take a few windows for him to sort this out. We need to be patient 👍
    Never gonna happen, christ we were having folk slitting their wrists when Lennon had us 2nd and winning in Europe, and Ross getting to cup finals and 3rd place.

If we are struggling around mid table at xmas, he will be hounded like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Never gonna happen, christ we were having folk slitting their wrists when Lennon had us 2nd and winning in Europe, and Ross getting to cup finals and 3rd place.

If we are struggling around mid table at xmas, he will be hounded like the others.

Let’s try and change the script eh?

Don’t get a great feeling about him which is a good sign as it usually means he’ll be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Agree. I know results are all that matters really but Would like to see us do one of those mic'd up videos that others do.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
    Agree. I know results are all that matters really but Would like to see us do one of those mic'd up videos that others do.
    Hope not

@hibs.net private member
    Feeling really positive about the new season and this appointment.

He’s got a very solid foundation to build upon, I’m excited to see where we are 12 and 24 months from now under him.

Excited to be getting underway again.

Got a great feeling about him, what I don't have is a great feeling he will get what he wants in terms of players coming in, the board seem to be rigidly sticking to their model, I hope this changes under johnson and he's allowed to add 3 or 4 players of real quality.

His record is very very good on paper, particularly at Bristol City when he was given a long period of time, hopefully he gets that here and the fans get behind him, I have a feeling this season could be a lot of fun with lots of ups and downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

I’m gonna hijack this thread at the earliest opportunity to revisit an argument I had on here 8 months ago, because someone disagreed with me and I feel compelled to force my opinion down their throat.

*JOKE*
    And the crowd goes mild.

If you were to ask me to name three geniuses, I probably wouldn't say Einstein, Newton... [struggles for word] . I'd go Milligan, Cleese, Everett.

Sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    And the crowd goes mild.

Don’t you start!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If you were to ask me to name three geniuses, I probably wouldn't say Einstein, Newton... [struggles for word] . I'd go Milligan, Cleese, Everett.

Sessions.
    yes!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's the most optimistic i've felt about a managerial appointment in a long time. I think he has the right blend of age and experience. Left each of his previous clubs in a better position than when he joined and been involved in the game up here so wont underestimate it. I honestly believe we'll push on under him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It's the most optimistic i've felt about a managerial appointment in a long time. I think he has the right blend of age and experience. Left each of his previous clubs in a better position than when he joined and been involved in the game up here so wont underestimate it. I honestly believe we'll push on under him.
    This is a really good summary to be fair. I think we have made a really good appointment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This for me too.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    His record is very very good on paper, particularly at Bristol City when he was given a long period of time, hopefully he gets that here and the fans get behind him, I have a feeling this season could be a lot of fun with lots of ups and downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was quoted as saying he’ll need 3 or 4 windows before he really has the team he wants…I dearly hope his teams are good enough in the interim for him to get that chance!

All positive from me so far though, the prospect of watching a Hibs team that actually is entertaining to watch is the only metric required for that just now…we’ll move that bar up soon enough though but for starters some fun n goals is the aim.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

*JOKE*
    No you’re not

All I hope to begin with is being able to enjoy watching Hibs. Either though winning a lot or playing really good football that could lead to us having a really good team, I’ll go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    He was quoted as saying he’ll need 3 or 4 windows before he really has the team he wants…I dearly hope his teams are good enough in the interim for him to get that chance!

All positive from me so far though, the prospect of watching a Hibs team that actually is entertaining to watch is the only metric required for that just now…we’ll move that bar up soon enough though but for starters some fun n goals is the aim.
    Four windows (including this one) takes us into January 2024 so whilst it may well take that long for him to get the team together that he wants, he's going to need to get the best out of the squad we currently have in order to be given until January 2024.

Time isn't something that is really given to football managers nowadays and I'm sure he knows that. We need to really hit the ground running and show some real positive signs early on - for me that includes skooshing the League Cup group stage and starting strongly in the league (including avoiding defeat to Hearts in our first home league match) so that we're in or around 3rd place by the end of the first round of fixtures.

Rightly or wrongly a continuation of the last 6 or 7 months of last season will see the pressure build regardless of how long Johnson thinks he needs.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Four windows (including this one) takes us into January 2024 so whilst it may well take that long for him to get the team together that he wants, he's going to need to get the best out of the squad we currently have in order to be given until January 2024.

Time isn't something that is really given to football managers nowadays and I'm sure he knows that. We need to really hit the ground running and show some real positive signs early on - for me that includes skooshing the League Cup group stage and starting strongly in the league (including avoiding defeat to Hearts in our first home league match) so that we're in or around 3rd place by the end of the first round of fixtures.

Rightly or wrongly a continuation of the last 6 or 7 months of last season will see the pressure build regardless of how long Johnson thinks he needs.
    Don’t overly disagree but reckon anything top 6 after the first round of games alongside some good entertaining football will be fine…sure I hope he does better but like it or not we are going to have to give him some time to build. As long as he can do that in a respectable manner I think he’ll get it.

Still if he wants to go and win us the league cup and have us cruising in third in a few months time then he’s welcome to do that as well

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
    But what if he just tells us one of his recycled anecdotes that he’s already said in other interviews again?

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    But what if he just tells us one of his recycled anecdotes that he’s already said in other interviews again?

Let’s not eh? You’ll get this thread shuttered n all.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    No you’re not

All I hope to begin with is being able to enjoy watching Hibs. Either though winning a lot or playing really good football that could lead to us having a really good team, I’ll go with it.

It’s tricky because the reality is that the only thing that matters in the short term is getting results. Otherwise he will be starting in a tricky situation.

However, remember that Stubbs had a pretty forgettable first couple of months, regrettably Hearts built a commanding lead in the championship that they never relinquished.

But from late September 2014 it all started to click into place.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Then someone can post their opinion about it and hopefully a reasoned debate will ensue with agreements and disagreement. As is natural in any walk of life.

@hibs.net private member
    Let’s not eh? You’ll get this thread shuttered n all.
    I genuinely think some folk are deliberately doing this.

It’s tricky because the reality is that the only thing that matters in the short term is getting results. Otherwise he will be starting in a tricky situation.

However, remember that Stubbs had a pretty forgettable first couple of months, regrettably Hearts built a commanding lead in the championship that they never relinquished.

But from late September 2014 it all started to click into place.
    Think the Stubbs example shows the importance of a ‘big’ result for a manager.

We were toiling big time then, out of nowhere, found ourselves 3-0 up at Ibrox after about half an hour one night. Our form was still a bit up and down at times but that gave a bit of belief. Then even towards the end of that season we beat Hearts at ER and, even though it didn’t really count for much, it was another thing that gave a bit of belief. For all that folk say it’s all about results, I remember the crowd clapping them off at the end of the Play Off against Rangers at ER even though it meant another season in the Championship. Think if folk genuinely feel something is going in the right direction, they’ll support it.

Guess what I’m trying to say is it would be really helpful for LJ, and us, if we could just beat Hearts at the start of August. Would be massive IMO as we need something that is going to unite support and players a bit again.