hibs.net Messageboard

Driving Instructor…

A question I thought I’d never ask but if anyone had any driving instructor recommendations I’d gladly take them. Never driven before. Go easy on me!

Also appreciate cause of lock down there’s a massive backlog. Still. Can try!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Scott from Lemon Squeezy, passed first time with him, guy is brilliant, really calm guy who explains everything so well, makes it really easy to learn and teaches the basics to perfection, think he also has a high pass rate too

Richard at Edinburgh City Driving School was great with me.

Really decent guy as well who I have kept in touch with long after passing my test. I was a bit older when I started lessons and it was almost like going out a drive with a mate.

Thanks folks

I’m, eh, slightly older so these are great suggestions!

Gordon Crosby from Saltire. Top drawer and I was older when I learned but he was superb.

Not sure if still avaialable but it used to be possible to book a week intensive driving course with test at the end of the course.
    Good luck learning!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if still avaialable but it used to be possible to book a week intensive driving course with test at the end of the course.
    Good luck learning!
    Think it’s still hard to get that.

I’ve heard about people going down south to get lessons there’s that much of a demand!

I eventually managed to pass my test! First attempt at trying! Thanks to the suggestions!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I eventually managed to pass my test! First attempt at trying! Thanks to the suggestions!
    Congratulations mate, it's not your driving you have to watch out for, it's the rest of the idiots that you will. Out of interest, who did you go for for your lesson's

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Well played! I passed mine at the grand old age of 39 and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done, after decades of rejecting the idea. Less than two years behind the wheel and I struggle to remember how I survived without a car.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Richard at Edinburgh City Driving School was great with me.

Really decent guy as well who I have kept in touch with long after passing my test. I was a bit older when I started lessons and it was almost like going out a drive with a mate.
    Indian chap? If so, absolutely brilliant guy and similarly I kept in touch with him afterwards.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Congrats buddy

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Congratulations on your pass, now forget everything you've learnt and educate yourself on the Pet Driving Peeves thread.