hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 22/23 Strip

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too much white for my liking. CIS cup vibes so wonder if it will have green shorts and socks.

I'll take an away strip like any of these.

Attachment 25958
    Attachment 25959

top one is a beauty, bottom not too shabby either

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Weird.. but really nice that you considered my thoughts first of all. Love you x
    10/10!

I'm not a fan of the new shirt at all. The reasons being I don't like the stadium image or the fact there's about 3 different shades of green on the top and I really don't like the white down the sides. Hibs tops should be green body with white sleeves IMO.

You can fart about with shades of green year on year, different trims and collars etc. but we're starting to drift down the Nike Barcelona route of getting away from what the core of the home shirt should be.

By all means play about and experiment with away and third kits, but we shouldn't be doing that every year with the home kit for me.

On a more positive note I bought the remake of the purple and green Calor gas top that the club shop have, made by Score Draw. It's a very good remake and one the club deserve credit for working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Im past my teenage years so its not as if I will wear it

It looks nice enough to me but literally has zero impact on what I think of the club or the team

Like the strip or not, I wont care if we are winning

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Background ruins it.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I'm not a fan of the new shirt at all. The reasons being I don't like the stadium image or the fact there's about 3 different shades of green on the top and I really don't like the white down the sides. Hibs tops should be green body with white sleeves IMO.

You can fart about with shades of green year on year, different trims and collars etc. but we're starting to drift down the Nike Barcelona route of getting away from what the core of the home shirt should be.

By all means play about and experiment with away and third kits, but we shouldn't be doing that every year with the home kit for me.

On a more positive note I bought the remake of the purple and green Calor gas top that the club shop have, made by Score Draw. It's a very good remake and one the club deserve credit for working on.
    I am happier with minor tinkering on the home strip, it should be fairly straightforward to make a good Hibs home top that clean and simple, but fill your boots on the away strip and go mad!! 😁

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Wonder if we’ll get a picture of the full kit at some point
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Not my cup of tea, due to the different shades of green and the white down the sides. It's fine as something a bit different, but not my favourite.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Is the website link not working for pre-order?

You would think when the launch the strip the full strip would be put on the online shop

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    I like it, but it could have been so much better if it didn't have white on the sides and it was kept to collar, shoulder, sleeves imo.

@hibs.net private member
    Similar to man u when they had the stadium in the strip, was it 1994

I'm not sure there is really much to be getting worked up about here on either side of the argument.

I don't like the top. It's not being negative to say that, I'm not choosing not to like it out of spite. I think Nike trainers look ****ing awful but hundreds of millions worldwide disagree. In the same vein I only every buy Adidas trainers but accept that countless people don't like them.

These things are all subjective so getting annoyed with other people for liking or disliking the top is a bit daft. For me it's over designed, fussy and lacks the fundamentals of a good Hibs top. I'm not going to change anyone's mind who likes it though, in exactly the same way that telling me it's lovely and the best top we have ever had isn't going to change my mind either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure there is really much to be getting worked up about here on either side of the argument.

I don't like the top. It's not being negative to say that, I'm not choosing not to like it out of spite. I think Nike trainers look ****ing awful but hundreds of millions worldwide disagree. In the same vein I only every buy Adidas trainers but accept that countless people don't like them.

These things are all subjective so getting annoyed with other people for liking or disliking the top is a bit daft. For me it's over designed, fussy and lacks the fundamentals of a good Hibs top. I'm not going to change anyone's mind who likes it though, in exactly the same way that telling me it's lovely and the best top we have ever had isn't going to change my mind either.

Nobodies calling you out on PB because you put your points across in a way that isn't inflammatory, people that do will attract more attention and get called out on it.

The poster in question is relentlessly negative and never has a good thing to say, ao again they will attract more attention.

Both these point are fair game when it comes to calling things out IMO.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    We're into year 2 of a 5 year deal with Joma. Year 5 of the deal will coincide with our 150th anniversary, 25/26 season.

So expect another couple of years of 'different' designs then a calmed down anniversary edition.
    Hopefully hoops 😎

I think if that kit had been posted as a mock up on here more people would like it.

I always think mock ups look better than the actual kits due to the lighting and the fact they are actually being worn by a person.

I think the black one with the green stripe posted a few pages back looks ace but if it was actually made I don’t think it would look anywhere near as good.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Question for others in here - as anyone following the battle with the weight thread elsewhere on here will have been bored by my updates, I've lost four stones since last season. I now fit in a size large t-shirt/button up shirt if I'm buying a standard fit from most retailers, what size do people reckon I should go for with this one? Never had to consider this before.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

My opinion; It looks OK
    The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Question for others in here - as anyone following the battle with the weight thread elsewhere on here will have been bored by my updates, I've lost four stones since last season. I now fit in a size large t-shirt/button up shirt if I'm buying a standard fit from most retailers, what size do people reckon I should go for with this one? Never had to consider this before.
    at least XL man. I am large in everything but this years shirt is painted on me at large.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Last season's Joma tops (the away at least) were on the small side, although not as small as Macron. I'd go one size up from your normal size if you don't want it to be tight.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Thumbs up from me. Has a bit of a retro look to it and I really like the collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So they'll be exactly the same as the ones the players are wearing, so it'll be a size or two up for most of us.
    I'm wondering if that's what they did last season too, as that had an 'athletic' fit (that's my excuse anyway).
    Not overly impressed with it on first look, but main thing that caught my attention was this - aside from the sizing, the quality should be better, provided they have brought replicas up to player standard rather than other way round.

Oooh I like it. Very European looking, maybe it's why I'm a fan! Huge thumbs up Hibs👍

Huge well done with the weight loss👏
    I always go up one size when ordering a Hibs top. Hope it's a lucky shirt for us all!

I like it.

Too much white for me, and the angled stand brings back bad memories of the 11/12 kit.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    I disliked it at first but its growing on me. I am just not a fan of the stadium print on it.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Love it will be buying it !

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Looks absolutely to me. Like it ✅

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Can’t say I’m a fan. Not that I’ve worn one for decades but it’s too fussy for my taste. Last season’s had similarities but I thought it ‘worked’. This years…not so much.

The 0-7 strip will always be the classic kit for me. Should have be replicated for the 50th anniversary this coming January.
    Of all the more modern kits the 6-2 one was the closest to the classic.
    Is it a coincidence that we had our 2 best derby results in those strips? Maybe…but I’d like to find out if it worked a third time.
    👍

Let’s be honest here, that shirt is minging. Too much white, too many shades of green, **** collar and horrible imprint of the stand. Are there ever fan consultations about these new designs? We are the ones who buy and wear it afterall. I’d love to have seen something like the classic 80/81 strip on sale in the shop at the moment. No matter I wont be shelling out for the new one but getting really excited about the coming season. ggtth.