Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ****ing love you Gumbo
    I appreciate this reference.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    More video footage of him playing. He is a hard tackler and a "great" passer. Plays some tremendous long balls. Looks quite Ambidextrous as well, playing sixty yard passes with his right foot with ease, yet his goal in the OP is a screamer with his left foot.
    https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    He has long range diagonal passing skills not seen since the days of the great Yannick Zambernardi 😁

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Will we be due Leeds any kind of development fee?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBrown View Post
    I'm a Leeds fan and Hibs lurker:

Surprised he's been let go to be honest. Always looked decent in the U23s and he definitely has promise despite not being one of our better youth players. I'd be amazed if he couldn't immediately make an impact here purely on the basis of how ''average'' (I say that as someone who's watched 3/4 games this season) Hibs midfield looks. Definitely a right type of signing and hopefully someone who in 3-4 years Hibs can move back down South for a real profit. Just seen on one of our forums that Leeds wanted to keep him but he's sought a move away to get first team minutes which is always a good indicator as he could've sat pretty on a good wage at a PL club.

Cheers for the insight.

Certainly seems to have a bit of potential .... but there's that word again. This club already has a number of players with 'potential' Doig has the potential to be a super wing back, Melkersen has the potential to be a super striker, Magennis has the potential to be great in midfield, Bushiri has the potential to be a decent centre half ( apparently ) Dylan Tait was signed for his potential.

Our first outfield signing since the season ended and it's more potential .... we seriously need to sign some proven talent or this club is going to 'potential' itself right into the Championship.

Welcome Nohan
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 23-05-2022 at 10:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Will we be due Leeds any kind of development fee?
    Definitely.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Certainly seems to have a bit of potential .... but there's that word again. This club already has a number of players with 'potential' Doig has the potential to be a super wing back, Melkersen has the potential to be a super striker, Magennis has the potential to be great in midfield, Bushiri has the potential to be a decent centre half ( apparently ) Dylan Tait was signed for his potential.

Our first outfield signing since the season ended and it's more potential .... we seriously need to sign some proven talent or this club is going to 'potential' itself right into the Championship.

Welcome Nohan
    Not necessarily. You just need the right manager nursing that potential, and by all accounts LJ has a track record of using young players and getting them playing well.

More video footage of him playing. He is a hard tackler and a "great" passer. Plays some tremendous long balls. Looks quite Ambidextrous as well, playing sixty yard passes with his right foot with ease, yet his goal in the OP is a screamer with his left foot.
    Now I have to admit that on the basis of that he looks like a really decent signing, hard in the tackle, a good passer and can score from time to time too. I'll go with the manager on this one, he could be a good player for us next season and a good bit of business to get sorted out early so he can get used to playing in a new environment. Onwards and upwards GGTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Definitely.
    We aren’t because we’re in a different country. If he’d stayed in England then Leeds would have been due a fee but we don’t need to pay anything

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome to the Hibees Nohan

Liking the cut of this guy's jib in moving on in search of 1st team football rather than sitting in the reserves at a bigger club. It shows self belief and ambition. He's young but already has great physique - and if his sklls and attributes live up to his showreel (always a big IF) then I think he'll settle in quick and make an instant impact on our 1st team.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Obviously have to see him in action before passing any informed comment on him but I take encouragement from the fact that LJ is targeting areas of the team that require a significant upgrade.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Looks a good prospect but another who we are signing who is in the has potential category.We still need an experienced not to mention attack minded midfielder or two.
    The window isn’t even open yet, chill out.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Why would we want an Ambidextrous player ?

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    I be see this lad has signed for us from Leeds, if he does this often he will do for me.

https://youtu.be/v_kVNVVry6U
    Panda eats, shoots and leaves.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Welcome Nohan

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    We aren’t because we’re in a different country. If he’d stayed in England then Leeds would have been due a fee but we don’t need to pay anything
    I don't think it works like that and I'm pretty certain will pay compensation. We'll also receive a solidarity payment if he moves after he is 21.

See what you make of this. It's a bit confusing but I think it helps.

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/tra...3rd%20birthday.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Panda eats, shoots and leaves.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't think it works like that and I'm pretty certain will pay compensation. We'll also receive a solidarity payment if he moves after he is 21.

See what you make of this. It's a bit confusing but I think it helps.

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/tra...3rd%20birthday.
    I’m too lazy to open that link but I think you are right.

There is a difference in the age that clubs are due compensation between Scotland and England. From memory, I think we got Clayton Donaldson as we never had to pay compensation where as English clubs would have. I can’t remember the age but something is saying there’s a significance it something around the age of 23? Cut off is definitely older than 19 though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m too lazy to open that link but I think you are right.

There is a difference in the age that clubs are due compensation between Scotland and England. From memory, I think we got Clayton Donaldson as we never had to pay compensation where as English clubs would have. I can’t remember the age but something is saying there’s a significance it something around the age of 23? Cut off is definitely older than 19 though.
    Compensation and solidarity payments apply until age 21.

Incidentally, I saw Clayton Donaldson playing for York City a couple of weeks ago. He came on as a sub, bowled someone over and ran about a bit. 😂

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    ****ing love you Gumbo
    Totally underrated post 👏

Interview is up and he definitely sees himself as a No6

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Not necessarily. You just need the right manager nursing that potential, and by all accounts LJ has a track record of using young players and getting them playing well.
    I'm all for giving young players a chance, but there has to be a balance. We can't keep signing youngsters unproven at this level and not supplement that with more experienced players who will help them on the pitch. I'm aware the window isn't even open yet so I'm not down on this signing as such, by all accounts Nohan Kenneh does have real promise, he wanted to come here when he could have stayed at Leeds which is a good sign. But we badly need some experience too. Marshall obviously falls into that category, but I'm talking about outfield players.

Look at the team who won the cup, you couldn't find a better mix with the likes of Cummings, Henderson and even McGinn supported by the likes of Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie and Stevenson.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Interview is up and he definitely sees himself as a No6

seriously looks like a great prospect, and nobody will mess with the Nohan.
    Last edited by Jay; 27-05-2022 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Let's not

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm all for giving young players a chance, but there has to be a balance. We can't keep signing youngsters unproven at this level and not supplement that with more experienced players who will help them on the pitch. I'm aware the window isn't even open yet so I'm not down on this signing as such, by all accounts Nohan Kenneh does have real promise, he wanted to come here when he could have stayed at Leeds which is a good sign. But we badly need some experience too. Marshall obviously falls into that category, but I'm talking about outfield players.

Look at the team who won the cup, you couldn't find a better mix with the likes of Cummings, Henderson and even McGinn supported by the likes of Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie and Stevenson.
    Marshall, Hanlon, McGinn, Stevenson, Cadden, Nisbet, Newell, should be the players from the current team to lead by example, especially Nisbet with the young strikers since he almost dropped out of pro football completely and worked his way back.

The real issue is can the manager get this out of them, they have the experience to be offering to younger players but if that happens is really down to the manager and how he gets them all working together.

The only area we are missing real experience is midfield, Newell is older but I don't think he offers much in that respect.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    With our referees adopting more of a non contact form of football, you have to assume that that Kenneh is one “hard tackle” away from his first red card in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    With our referees adopting more of a non contact form of football, you have to assume that that Kenneh is one “hard tackle” away from his first red card in Scotland.
    I thought the same when I watched his highlights video, some good crunching tackles but if you do that up here against Rangers you’ll be back down the tunnel.

Blog Entries
    As he would be good with both feet.

Pedant alert — ambidextrous is wrongly taken to be only good with both hands, when it actually refers to feet as well………… The word ambidextrous is familiar to most people: it describes somebody who is able to use both hands (and sometimes, in the case of soccer, feet) equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    As he would be good with both feet.

Pedant alert — ambidextrous is wrongly taken to be only good with both hands, when it actually refers to feet as well………… The word ambidextrous is familiar to most people: it describes somebody who is able to use both hands (and sometimes, in the case of soccer, feet) equally well.
    Ambipedal [adjective] 1. having the ability to use both feet equally well.

Blog Entries
    Ambipedal [adjective] 1. having the ability to use both feet equally well.
    Correct but ambidextrous also applies to feet, hence the original reference was equally correct.