hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nohan Kenneh

First Team Breakthrough

Nohan Kenneh

I be see this lad has signed for us from Leeds, if he does this often he will do for me.

https://youtu.be/v_kVNVVry6U

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sweet strike and a lovely build up.

Defensive midfielder.
    Can also fill in at Centre back.
    19 years of age.
    Capped at England Under 16 and 17 level.

I'm a Leeds fan and Hibs lurker:

Surprised he's been let go to be honest. Always looked decent in the U23s and he definitely has promise despite not being one of our better youth players. I'd be amazed if he couldn't immediately make an impact here purely on the basis of how ''average'' (I say that as someone who's watched 3/4 games this season) Hibs midfield looks. Definitely a right type of signing and hopefully someone who in 3-4 years Hibs can move back down South for a real profit. Just seen on one of our forums that Leeds wanted to keep him but he's sought a move away to get first team minutes which is always a good indicator as he could've sat pretty on a good wage at a PL club.
    Last edited by MichaelBrown; 23-05-2022 at 07:40 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Looks a good prospect but another who we are signing who is in the has potential category.We still need an experienced not to mention attack minded midfielder or two.

I get the feeling this guy has not been signed for the development team - he's here to play

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a good prospect but another who we are signing who is in the has potential category.We still need an experienced not to mention attack minded midfielder or two.
    Everyone signed is signed with potential.

The potential to be good or the potential to be s***e.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Do you think this signing means we are done for this window? It's MAY.

This guy might turn out to be the real deal

However

These 19/20 year old type signings are where we went wrong last season and probably will sign another similar too I feel

Marshall is a big yes
    Centre half’s needed
    Midfielder x 2
    2 x wingers
    2 x centre forwards as I think doidge will go

After this season the board / recruitment team don’t have the time to wait for all these prospects to prosper

We need 15 senior pros ready to play the majority of the games with one or two younger boys being bled in gradual.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

However

These 19/20 year old type signings are where we went wrong last season and probably will sign another similar too I feel

Marshall is a big yes
    Centre half’s needed
    Midfielder x 2
    2 x wingers

After this season the board / recruitment team don’t have the time to wait for all these prospects to prosper

We need 15 senior pros ready to play the majority of the games with one or two younger boys being bled in gradual.
    What is your arbitrary age limit?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Hope not

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBrown View Post

Surprised he's been let go to be honest. Always looked decent in the U23s and he definitely has promise despite not being one of our better youth players. I'd be amazed if he couldn't immediately make an impact here purely on the basis of how ''average'' (I say that as someone who's watched 3/4 games this season) Hibs midfield looks. Definitely a right type of signing and hopefully someone who in 3-4 years Hibs can move back down South for a real profit. Just seen on one of our forums that Leeds wanted to keep him but he's sought a move away to get first team minutes which is always a good indicator as he could've sat pretty on a good wage at a PL club.
    Ta for that Michael I always enjoy reading sensible input from supporters of other clubs.

Ps, I'm delighted Leeds avoided relegation too 👍

GGTTH

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

However

Marshall is a big yes
    Centre half’s needed
    Midfielder x 2
    2 x wingers

Prefer this kind of signing to that of a 25 year old midfielder with 100+ games under his belt for Carlisle United or a good old pro from Scotland like Liam Craig

Promising Youngster
    I live in Leeds and one of my best mates, a Leeds fan and former season ticket holder, offered this on kenneh:
    ”Yeah he’s highly rated. Was touted as the replacement for Phillips if we sold him.Obviously young but he could be a player. Gutted we’ve let him go but they are now aggressively strengthening the squad (Leeds) so I assume they’ve told him game time will be limited.
    Could be a very good signing that.
    ”Played for Shadwell before signing for Leeds. He was a refugee from some African war torn country and came over at a very early age and has done amazing. I hope that’s a sign Phillips is staying and he made the bench a few times this season but never made a senior appearance.”

I like what I have read so far. Along with Marshall this is a good start to the transfer window

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Thanks for that a useful insight. He will definitely be hoping to play for our first team he wouldn't be coming here for anything else hope he does well.

First Team Breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    Great hit, love to see him do that a few times!

Quote Originally Posted by hibeez1875 View Post
    I live in Leeds and one of my best mates, a Leeds fan and former season ticket holder, offered this on kenneh:
    ”Yeah he’s highly rated. Was touted as the replacement for Phillips if we sold him.Obviously young but he could be a player. Gutted we’ve let him go but they are now aggressively strengthening the squad (Leeds) so I assume they’ve told him game time will be limited.
    Could be a very good signing that.
    ”Played for Shadwell before signing for Leeds. He was a refugee from some African war torn country and came over at a very early age and has done amazing. I hope that’s a sign Phillips is staying and he made the bench a few times this season but never made a senior appearance.”
    Just on this - I'd be amazed if we replaced one of the best defensive midfielders in the country with him. He hasn't played a single minute of league football for us despite Phillips missing a fair few games this year.

If he's decent at breaking up play and keeping it simple then it's a yes from me.

If he can play a bit also then that could help Newell play a little more advance in central midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thanks for that a useful insight. He will definitely be hoping to play for our first team he wouldn't be coming here for anything else hope he does well.
    I suspect as much. From the (little) I've seen of Newell/Doyle-Hayes they seem to play further forward than what Kenneh would do so it fills a problem area if Johnson is going to go with some form of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Plus, it's a no risk signing. If he's good, you can shift him for profit. If he's ***** then I can't imagine he's going to be on a massive wage.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The window hasn't opened yet. Good early signings. May it continue.

Promising Youngster
    Just on this - I'd be amazed if we replaced one of the best defensive midfielders in the country with him. He hasn't played a single minute of league football for us despite Phillips missing a fair few games this year.
    no, you’re right of course. He was probably trying to get me over excited. He went on to say:
    ”He was from Liberia, from reading his website personal statement some months back he seems like a decent bloke, good pro and I think he will be fine. Only issue would be he’s only been playing in the U23 side so the step up physically might be big so he might need some time.
    ”Made Bielsas bench a dozen time though so he must have seen something in him. Mostly when Phillips was injured and Forshaw was playing with Klich.”

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Everyone signed is signed with potential.

The potential to be good or the potential to be s***e.
    Well said!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Very happy with the business so far. One massively experienced signing, one very young who seems to have a good background and very good potential.

Looking forward to seeing where we strengthen next.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeez1875 View Post
    Played for Shadwell
    ****ing love you Gumbo

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Fair point

Welcome to the Hibees!

A couple of Leeds based journos saying Leeds tried to keep him but he left for first team football. That probably helped us a bit as if Leeds offered him a deal then English teams would’ve had to pay money for him which might have put a few teams off.

Video footage

More video footage of him playing. He is a hard tackler and a "great" passer. Plays some tremendous long balls. Looks quite Ambidextrous as well, playing sixty yard passes with his right foot with ease, yet his goal in the OP is a screamer with his left foot.
    https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Edina Street; 23-05-2022 at 10:00 PM.