hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we bought our current house, the existing front door was Hertz maroon in color. Took two years to get the wife to change it. Had to look at that thing every day for two years, should have just flung her and the door out at the same time....
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I didn't celebrate Horgan's two goals at Tynie. Being deep in the home end on a borrowed season ticket, is a poor excuse, but I feel cleansed for fessing up.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    If it makes you feel better, the actual shade is Madder, not Maroon.
    Aye they're Madder alright...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    My old man my best mate is 92 this year and has followed Hearts for over 85 years. Tynecastle one week ER the next. Took me to ER every time he could and sat on his hands when we played them in derbies. Sat in the Hibs end when they beat us in 2012 and said nothing and sat with me at the 2016 final and cheered like hell for me and Hibs when we won. He couldn’t have been more chuffed for us.

There are good Hearts people but he’s the Best man in the world Jambo or not.
    Great story, very uplifting.

I was taken, as a 12 year old, to the 1-6 Scottish cup final defeat by celtc by my late Uncle who was dyed in the wool Jambo, good man and different times, he actually wore a maroon jacket to the game.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    My old man my best mate is 92 this year and has followed Hearts for over 85 years. Tynecastle one week ER the next. Took me to ER every time he could and sat on his hands when we played them in derbies. Sat in the Hibs end when they beat us in 2012 and said nothing and sat with me at the 2016 final and cheered like hell for me and Hibs when we won. He couldn’t have been more chuffed for us.

Best post I have read on here in quite some time

Uplifting

Brilliant!

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I didn't celebrate Horgan's two goals at Tynie. Being deep in the home end on a borrowed season ticket, is a poor excuse, but I feel cleansed for fessing up.
    Did the same for the Boxing Day game in 2019, tough times sit on your hands with that Boyle double

I also ended up in the Tynie Arms with a couple
    of other Hibbies with my Hibs gear on after we got gubbed 4-0 in that semi. They were reasonably hospitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lovely story. I wonder if anyone still does that? If not, I wonder when that stopped and if it will ever happen again?
    I will say one thing about our rivalry with our Maroon/Madder neighbours, I don't think there are many cities where that would happen. Liverpool/Everton maybe? Dundee? Glasgow - naw.

this is one of the best posts I’ve read here, genuinely heartwarming mate

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    If it makes you feel better, the actual shade is Madder, not Maroon.
    A Hibby walks into the bar 3 Hearts mates at the bar asks
    them the question, what is the colour of the Hearts top? To which one of them replies maroon,Hibby says that's kind of you mines a pint of lager.

I'll get ma coat.

Since moving through here and not seeing any of them very often I would rather they had won yesterday. The world would be a better place if Rangers won nothing.

Grew up in Dalry and when we were kids we used to go along to Tynecastle and try and get in as ballboys. This was early 70's before real ballboys. Used to go to the odd game wi ma pals as they were all jambos as was too young to go to ER on ma own. Also, played for them when I was a youngster. Ever since though I've always wanted to run out at ER in full kit, getting on a bit now though so.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Since moving through here and not seeing any of them very often I would rather they had won yesterday. The world would be a better place if Rangers won nothing.

Hear,hear !

Happy Birthday when it comes, Mr Half Pint,snr !!

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    My Jambo brother in law took me to the 1968 Scottish cup final. He bought me a Hearts for the cup rosette which as a 12 year old I felt obliged to wear for the day. Just as well Hearts lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Risboro Hibby View Post
    My Jambo brother in law took me to the 1968 Scottish cup final. He bought me a Hearts for the cup rosette which as a 12 year old I felt obliged to wear for the day. Just as well Hearts lost.
    Was that not the game Rene Moller picked wee Alex Edwards up by throat and handed him to the ref? Not even booked for it.

@hibs.net private member
    Used to meet up with a group of mates after derbies (all of them Jambos), one specific game after we’d beaten them (think it was the Farid game) got absolutely blootered and put one of their tops on and gave it the 5-1.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Paul Hartley had stayed at Hibs.

As an aside, I also wish Stevie Crawford had stayed at Hibs, but Stevie Crawford did not become the pantomime villain that Paul Hartley became, so hardly a revelation.

I have several good Rangers friends, thoroughly decent blokes, one was a groomsman at my wedding. Hence I definitely distinguish between a Hun and a Rangers supporter.

I had "Simply the Best" at my wedding purely because it's an absolute banger of a tune

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    A Hibby walks into the bar 3 Hearts mates at the bar asks
    them the question, what is the colour of the Hearts top? To which one of them replies maroon,Hibby says that's kind of you mines a pint of lager.

I'll get ma coat.

@hibs.net private member
    I think I may have caused a bit confusion. It's the buses that are madder.

And the yaks fans.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I have quite a few misdemeanours involving Hearts.

I once danced on the bar, in the Arcade Bar with a Hearts scarf on after another derby hosing at Easter rd. Picture evidence of this exists somewhere too.

I have been in that Hearts club on Gorgie road loads of times after derbies at Tynecastle, usually after getting pumped. Never had any grief from them either.

I got insanely jealous of their Euro jaunts in the mid 2000s and watching their goal celebrations away to teams like Braga, Basel and Bordeaux really pissed me off but they were great to watch.

I have 2 close friends from growing up in the same estate who are Hearts fans and I wanted Hearts to win on Saturday for them. (one of them runs the Amoruso Lets it Run Twitter page, very decent blokes. We all meet up 5/6 times a year.

My personal favourite. I was at a function in the Gorgie suite years ago and we snuck out onto the pitch at some point during the function and I took a piss in the goalmouth of the Gorgie road end, I must have only been 18 or 19 at the time.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I have quite a few misdemeanours involving Hearts.

I once danced on the bar, in the Arcade Bar with a Hearts scarf on after another derby hosing at Easter rd. Picture evidence of this exists somewhere too.

I have been in that Hearts club on Gorgie road loads of times after derbies at Tynecastle, usually after getting pumped. Never had any grief from them either.

I got insanely jealous of their Euro jaunts in the mid 2000s and watching their goal celebrations away to teams like Braga, Basel and Bordeaux really pissed me off but they were great to watch.

I have 2 close friends from growing up in the same estate who are Hearts fans and I wanted Hearts to win on Saturday for them. (one of them runs the Amoruso Lets it Run Twitter page, very decent blokes. We all meet up 5/6 times a year.

My personal favourite. I was at a function in the Gorgie suite years ago and we snuck out onto the pitch at some point during the function and I took a piss in the goalmouth of the Gorgie road end, I must have only been 18 or 19 at the time.

that’s not a confession, that’s a pat on the back

Only once did I ever get to kick a ball about on the pitch at Easter Road, it was at half time during a reserve game with Alex McDonald and the other Hearts sub.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I have several good Rangers friends, thoroughly decent blokes, one was a groomsman at my wedding. Hence I definitely distinguish between a Hun and a Rangers supporter.

I had "Simply the Best" at my wedding purely because it's an absolute banger of a tune
    They’re a sound family. Reminds me I need to see Fino more often.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    that’s not a confession, that’s a pat on the back

Haha, the things you do when you're a young dafty eh.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Despise Rangers fans more than Hearts fans.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Despise Rangers fans more than Hearts fans.
    I'll join you there

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Before 2016 I used to think being a Celtic or rangers fan would be really fun. Going anywhere expecting a win, making big money signings and all that.

When 2016 happened I realised they would never, ever feel that way. That ecstasy, the parade, none of it would be there for them.

I didn’t feel sorry for them in the slightest, but it did remind me that you don’t just win a trophy and go home to your dinner as a Hibs fan. They are truly special things.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Absolutely outstanding.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Had a maroon car for 2 years.
    Been to three of their Scottish Cup finals 1968 1976 and 1986(they lost all three)
    You need to keep attending any others they qualify for…