hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Your deepest confession as a Hibby

What views do you hold that would see you labelled as a yam and get a LTYF faster than HC on a Paul Hanlon appreciation thread? What's the least Hibby opinion, action or trait that you have? Time to let it out and look for redemption from the wider Hibs community.

Here's mines: Much as I love taking the Michael out of him, much as he's a pantomime villain - I think Craig Levein is a genuinely funny man and would be my choice for "Jambo I'd most like a pint with". Think he plays up the role of pantomime villain perfectly and is really funny on Sacked in the Morning with plenty good banter and self deprecating humour. I'll never also not find it funny that he had a chance to win the league but quite literally shat it. I do like the guy.

What's yours?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What views do you hold that would see you labelled as a yam and get a LTYF faster than HC on a Paul Hanlon appreciation thread? What's the least Hibby opinion, action or trait that you have? Time to let it out and look for redemption from the wider Hibs community.

Here's mines: Much as I love taking the Michael out of him, much as he's a pantomime villain - I think Craig Levein is a genuinely funny man and would be my choice for "Jambo I'd most like a pint with". Think he plays up the role of pantomime villain perfectly and is really funny on Sacked in the Morning with plenty good banter and self deprecating humour. I'll never also not find it funny that he had a chance to win the league but quite literally shat it. I do like the guy.

What's yours?
    I agree about Levein. I’m sorry.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I like cardigans

and my dad once owned a rover

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I agree about Levein. I’m sorry.
    Shall we start a support group or helpline?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What's yours?

OK, a serious one here. I really wanted them to with the 2013/14 League Cup. My mate's dad was a Hertz ST holder and had a heart attack when sitting in his car after an early round in that competition. Wanted it for him and his son.
    I also wanted Hearts to win today. All the people I actually know who are hearts fans are good people and support their team. With two exceptions, all the The Rangers fans I know are utter fandans (and some of them are family). I'd want us to beat Hearts, no doubt, but if we're not in it (and now that we're away from that massively over inflated cash situation), I don't mind them as much. They're our rivals, but the 2006-2012 period was really really annoying. Skacel, Black and players they wouldn't have afforded.

And finally. I once met Craig Gordon in the park walking our dogs. Genuinely nice bloke, we talked 'dogs' and not 'football'. Was just a decent and polite guy out with his girls and his dog. I like how he came back from almost losing his career.

About 30 years ago I owned a maroon C17 baseball jacket, it was very smart. IIRC I bought it in a shop on Shandwick Place which is long gone.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I can't confess it it on a family forum and without the attendance of a priest. She was some lassie, though, and it was some night. I was only young.....
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    I'm married to a Jambo. She's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    OK, a serious one here. I really wanted them to with the 2013/14 League Cup. My mate's dad was a Hertz ST holder and had a heart attack when sitting in his car after an early round in that competition. Wanted it for him and his son.
    I also wanted Hearts to win today. All the people I actually know who are hearts fans are good people and support their team. With two exceptions, all the The Rangers fans I know are utter fandans (and some of them are family). I'd want us to beat Hearts, no doubt, but if we're not in it (and now that we're away from that massively over inflated cash situation), I don't mind them as much. They're our rivals, but the 2006-2012 period was really really annoying. Skacel, Black and players they wouldn't have afforded.

And finally. I once met Craig Gordon in the park walking our dogs. Genuinely nice bloke, we talked 'dogs' and not 'football'. Was just a decent and polite guy out with his girls and his dog. I like how he came back from almost losing his career.
    Why was he walking your dogs? 🤔

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I can't confess it it on a family forum and without the attendance of a priest. She was some lassie, though, and it was some night. I was only young.....
    You were 10 and she was 37?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    You were 10 and she was 37?
    Nothing as bad as that

I really don't think I laughed hard enough at their last relegation. Really don't think three weeks was enough and still feel a bit guilty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Why was he walking your dogs? 🤔
    Ah. He had his. I had mine. Brain not functioning so well up here this evening!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

What's yours?
    Levein is now very self deprecating and laughs at himself for winning nothing and the 4-6-0 debacle. My confession? I don't hate Rudi Skacel, I think he was a good player and even better pantomime villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Levein is now very self deprecating and laughs at himself for winning nothing and the 4-6-0 debacle. My confession? I don't hate Rudi Skacel, I think he was a good player and even better pantomime villain.
    Immediately reported.

Ive seen quite a few interviews etc with CL come up on my facebook. To be honest I think hes quite funny he has more than a few amusing football anicdotes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I suit maroon. My face fits a maroon top.

Grandad is a jambo which could explain it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    My face fits a maroon top.
    That's not a confession, it's a problem only plastic surgery can fix.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Honestly can't think of one thing. Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Honestly can't think of one thing. Not one.
    Staunch

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    That's not a confession, it's a problem only plastic surgery can fix.
    If you front the money, I’ll make it happen 😂

If there’s any mitigation my 3 year old daughter suits the full kit like it was meant to be.

I very nearly started watching "highlights" of today's Scottish Cup final, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 2 teams that I detest. It seems like it was a pish game anyway.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    So drunk I can’t even focus on some of the replies; but **** them, hertz barstewads

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I really don't think I laughed hard enough at their last relegation. Really don't think three weeks was enough and still feel a bit guilty about it.
    Must say I feel the same.

The ballox I’ve had from this lot this season has really reminded me of how billy big time they can get.

I am currently delighted that they have lost yet another final. I make that:

L - SM LC final
    - Hibs win SC 2016
    L - SC Celtic 2019 (normal time)
    L - SC Celtic 2020 (pens)
    L - SC Huns 2022 (Extra Time).

Big teams lose four finals in a row

My old man my best mate is 92 this year and has followed Hearts for over 85 years. Tynecastle one week ER the next. Took me to ER every time he could and sat on his hands when we played them in derbies. Sat in the Hibs end when they beat us in 2012 and said nothing and sat with me at the 2016 final and cheered like hell for me and Hibs when we won. He couldn’t have been more chuffed for us.

There are good Hearts people but he’s the Best man in the world Jambo or not.

Almost thirty years ago I had a Rover 214, albeit in green.

It is still referred to as "the piece of ####" for its unreliability on a damp morning, and was gone in two years.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    I'm married to a Jambo. She's ok.
    My wife was a Jambo before I met her, isn’t now. You need to work harder 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    My old man my best mate is 92 this year and has followed Hearts for over 85 years. Tynecastle one week ER the next. Took me to ER every time he could and sat on his hands when we played them in derbies. Sat in the Hibs end when they beat us in 2012 and said nothing and sat with me at the 2016 final and cheered like hell for me and Hibs when we won. He couldn’t have been more chuffed for us.

Sounds like an awesome guy 👏🏻

That's a lovely tribute, mate. It's heart-warming to read such things. You must have wanted them to win today for him.

Thats a fab story!