hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ate you saying there's a constant anti hibs narrative ?
    from Sked - yes

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Can't we just have one massive VFTT thread that re-appears when they do something to annoy someone rather than new ones every time?

Sked is a jambo, Sked takes every opportunity to have a dig at us, he wears t-shirts that succeed in their job winding up sensitive Hibs fans who still have some PTSD from 2012. Is anyone really surprised?

If a Hibs fan wore a t-shirt with Hanlon celebrating knocking them out the cup in 2016 we'd be loving it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It's not everyone's cup of tea but the episodes I have watched have been pretty enjoyable. Think recently they have added a Hibs fan to it who was on a recent longbangers episode and was a good listen. Maybe some should listen to that as gave a lot of context re the show

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Can't we just have one massive VFTT thread that re-appears when they do something to annoy someone rather than new ones every time?

Sked is a jambo, Sked takes every opportunity to have a dig at us, he wears t-shirts that succeed in their job winding up sensitive Hibs fans who still have some PTSD from 2012. Is anyone really surprised?

If a Hibs fan wore a t-shirt with Hanlon celebrating knocking them out the cup in 2016 we'd be loving it.
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    from Sked - yes
    Dear god, talk about thin skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    He is an ugly git as well, nothing going for him
    😁

I don't particularly like it but not because of some pro-Hearts agenda. I just find the presenters (including the non-Hearts supporting ones) really annoying and the laughter from them seems really forced and not genuine.

The Hearts stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It's not everyone's cup of tea but the episodes I have watched have been pretty enjoyable. Think recently they have added a Hibs fan to it who was on a recent longbangers episode and was a good listen. Maybe some should listen to that as gave a lot of context re the show
    Aye, the Hibs guy Tony's been on The Terrace podcast for years. It's a lot more varied than the tv show. The last series of the tv show mixed things up a bit with the presenters, there was a Motherwell guy on a couple of times and maybe a Thistle fan or something.

To be honest, I quite like the hapless geek character Sked comes across as. Suits a jambo. They all seem to caricature themselves to some extent. I can see how some folk wouldn't enjoy the humour. I don't mind it, but it's getting a bit repetitive now.
    Last edited by G15 Hibs; 20-05-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Aye, the Hibs guy Tony's been on The Terrace podcast for years. It's a lot more varied than the tv show. The last series of the tv show mixed things up a bit with the presenters, there was a Motherwell guy on a couple of times and maybe a Thistle fan or something.

To be honest, I quite like the hapless geek character Sked comes across as. Suits a jambo. They all seem to caricature themselves to some extent. I can see how some folk wouldn't enjoy the humour. I don't mind it, but it's getting a bit repetitive now.
    This.

The TV show is fine - it doesn't quite capture the more natural tone and humour of the podcast (which is often a great listen) but it's a decent effort at capturing the things about Scottish football you don't get in the OF-leaning media. Those that listen to the podcast know that Sked, Fowler etc are decent, self-deprecating guys and are very fair and reasonable in their judgements on Hibs - they probably watch us more than many that comment on here. But they're Hearts fans and will poke fun at us (and themselves), much as I would expect any of us to do likewise - totally harmless.

PS - it's a mistake not having Tony on the TV show more - definitely the podcast's MVP.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ve never watched an episode of this and have never heard of the presenters other than on here.

Despite never seeing it, the negative comment directed at the show and the supposed Hearts themed presenters has put me off watching it anyway and effectively made my mind up about the show and how it won’t be for me.

Should probably give it a try and make my own mind up but pretty much switched off from footballing interest outside of Hibs for summer so most likely won’t.

The main producer is a Hibs season ticket holder. The guy that goes out and about is a Hibs season ticket holder. It’s just that Sked is your typical loud mouth Jambo on the wind up. Just banter.
    They are trying to produce a quality (low budget) programme aimed at non old firm fans. But at the same time not alienate them.
    They have had lots of Hibs content including the recent Dnipro slot.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    This.

The TV show is fine - it doesn't quite capture the more natural tone and humour of the podcast (which is often a great listen) but it's a decent effort at capturing the things about Scottish football you don't get in the OF-leaning media. Those that listen to the podcast know that Sked, Fowler etc are decent, self-deprecating guys and are very fair and reasonable in their judgements on Hibs - they probably watch us more than many that comment on here. But they're Hearts fans and will poke fun at us (and themselves), much as I would expect any of us to do likewise - totally harmless.

PS - it's a mistake not having Tony on the TV show more - definitely the podcast's MVP.
    Spot on with all of that.

Even Craig Telfer and another on the pod, think it was Shaughan McGuigan, recently said Tony is the best of them all!

*The people who come on to post they don't like/aren't interested/it's a Hearts show etc. etc. JUST DON'T WATCH IT! It's really boring hearing the same thing over and over.
    Last edited by hibby rae; 20-05-2022 at 12:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    The main producer is a Hibs season ticket holder. The guy that goes out and about is a Hibs season ticket holder. It’s just that Sked is your typical loud mouth Jambo on the wind up. Just banter.
    They are trying to produce a quality (low budget) programme aimed at non old firm fans. But at the same time not alienate them.
    They have had lots of Hibs content including the recent Dnipro slot.
    Yip

The HIBS retro collector

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

The Programme Shop guy

https://youtu.be/b0H_QwC2Xdk

All brilliant stuff

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Yip

The HIBS retro collector

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

The Programme Shop guy

https://youtu.be/b0H_QwC2Xdk

All brilliant stuff
    Retro Video Club doing their version of Hibs Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0lWJklk5kA

A clip from a longer interview with Lewis Stevenson

https://twitter.com/bbcscotland/stat...753?lang=en-GB

Really not Hearts tv

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’ve never watched an episode of this and have never heard of the presenters other than on here.

Despite never seeing it, the negative comment directed at the show and the supposed Hearts themed presenters has put me off watching it anyway and effectively made my mind up about the show and how it won’t be for me.

Should probably give it a try and make my own mind up but pretty much switched off from footballing interest outside of Hibs for summer so most likely won’t.
    It's absolutely harmless. Sort of football banter that should exist with people having fun digs at rivals and themselves.

Am I going to add it to my series link and watch every episode? Not a chance, but if I end up channel hopping and land on it there's a good chance I'd leave it on. I don't get why Sked upsets some folk so much, he's basically a panto villain. I've seen him take abuse as much as I've seen him have a laugh at Hibs expense.

Maybe our first team shouldn't make it so easy for him to do so, then we'd not have as much to complain about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He’s a hearts fan. And if there was a Hibs fan on there doing similar we’d be lapping it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Na I would be embarrassed the nation's biggest cringefest had any association with my club. A truly dreadful show/ podcast that whatever commission they are on with the BBC is far too much.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hibs View Post
    Na I would be embarrassed the nation's biggest cringefest had any association with my club. A truly dreadful show/ podcast that whatever commission they are on with the BBC is far too much.
    Thankfully there’s lots of different opinions. Me and my mates love the show. Great to have something on tv for the Scottish game that isn’t old firm focused.

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if people who have this view actually sit down and watch an episode or two - as I can’t at all see how anyone could be offended by it in any way ..

Left by mutual consent!
    Thankfully there’s lots of different opinions. Me and my mates love the show. Great to have something on tv for the Scottish game that isn’t old firm focused.

Seriously? That's staggering.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Seriously? That's staggering.
    Staggering that someone likes something you don't like? Really?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Did you watch the one with Lewis Stevenson?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Staggering that someone likes something you don't like? Really?
    Fair enough. Opinions I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Did you watch the one with Lewis Stevenson?
    Or Marvin Bartley or Jack Ross or the Dnipro story.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    from Sked - yes
    So what.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Or Marvin Bartley or Jack Ross or the Dnipro story.
    Or Rachael Boyle

Yep would far rather watch and listen to this show and the pod than Sportsound and the other ones that have been on for donkey's years with the same old tired formats and jobs for the boys

I don’t understand why you were watching it in the first place? I can’t stand it and it’s nothing to do with hearts bias.

Every one of them is a cringeworthy gimp. They remind me the drama club kids at school. The kind of guys who wear retro football tops from clubs they don’t even support and think it’s really edgy. Grown men shouldn’t be watching them.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    I don’t understand why you were watching it in the first place? I can’t stand it and it’s nothing to do with hearts bias.

Every one of them is a cringeworthy gimp. They remind me the drama club kids at school. The kind of guys who wear retro football tops from clubs they don’t even support and think it’s really edgy. Grown men shouldn’t be watching them.
    The most narrow minded view you’ll ever read.

Spoken by the school yard billy that doesn’t respect everyone’s differences and the ‘drama kids’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    The most narrow minded view you’ll ever read.

Spoken by the school yard billy that doesn’t respect everyone’s differences and the ‘drama kids’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Haha! Yep that was me!

@hibs.net private member
    It's not about anti hibs for me its the fact that the pattern is brutal. Somewhere between these unfunny geeks and the horrible jakey open goal would be good. Off the ball was great when it first came out as it was just normal fans