hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Small minded/insular interview to begin with....'can't wait to play against Hearts'. Eh?
    Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla so was this really a 'pitch' that Johnson made in his interview.

Wish these guys would just get on with their jobs effectively and try to turn this debacle of a club around, instead of making sound bites.
    Your determined to read the negative into all LJ says, small minded and insular, come on you can surely do better than that as a put down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Small minded/insular interview to begin with....'can't wait to play against Hearts'. Eh?
    Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla so was this really a 'pitch' that Johnson made in his interview.

Wish these guys would just get on with their jobs effectively and try to turn this debacle of a club around, instead of making sound bites.
    Mental 😂

I’d rather he was looking forward to the derbies than treating them as just another game.

Glad he’s pinpointed them as big games.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    In old money a 6 is more of a holding midfielder/deep lying playmaker someone to take the ball of the CH's and 8 is your old box to box and your No 10 is just that an attacking midfielder.
    Basically he wants a midfield of Beuzelilin, Pat McGinlay and Russel Latapy, just younger versions 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Basically he wants a midfield of Beuzelilin, Pat McGinlay and Russel Latapy, just younger versions 😉
    Oh yeah baby

@hibs.net private member
    Got to say now that the dust has settled and his interviews have been done i’m a bit more ‘whelmed’ than I was when he was first appointed.

If he aims to get us playing an attacking 4-3-3 in the way he’s described previously then I’ll be delighted. We’ve just got to hope the board backs him to be able to do that as I reckon that we need at least 5 or 6 new players able to start games to be able to play like that. We’ll then need squad players on top of that.

For a 4-3-3, I’d say best case scenario using the players we’ve got right now (and presuming Marshall is signing):

Marshall (1) - GK

Cadden (2) - RB
    Porteous (5) - CB
    Hanlon (4) - CB
    Doig (3) - LB

Newell (6) - DM
    Magennis (8) - CM
    Henderson (10) - AM

Vacant (7) - RW
    Doidge/Melkersen (9) - ST
    Vacant (11) - LW

I’m not convinced about Newell in the 6, we can’t rely on Magennis as the 8 and I think we need better than Henderson in the 10. I think we need better than Doidge/Melkersen in the 9. That could/should be Nisbet but he won’t be available until we’ll into the season. I also reckon Porteous will be away and in an ideal world I think it’s time to start phasing Hanlon out of the starting line up.

A hell of a lot of work to do if that’s the system we aim to play but it’s certainly the way to go imo.

@hibs.net private member
    Just seen Sunderland have been promoted and this was mentioned in the BBC Live text updates:

FT: Sunderland 2-0 Wycombe

Marco Gabbiadini

Ex-Sunderland striker on BBC Radio Newcastle

Lee Johnson deserves a mention. Sunderland went into Christmas with a better than two points per game return.

I think he would have had a good go getting Sunderland over the line. The players started faltering and at the time he didn't have the players to replace them with.

The bad results before he got the sack, he didn't have anyone to play on the left side of defence.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everbody interviewed post playoff match mentioned Lee Johnson in a positive light. He had Sunderland higher in the league when he was sacked than Alex Neil managed at the end of the season. When players were asked what Alex Neil brought to the team it was all about shoring them up defensively.

Looking forward to the Johnson era, it might be fun.👍

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Why do you hate hibs ?
    Are you actually a Hibs fan?
    I don't hate Hibs. Yes, been a Hibs supporter for over 50 years.

All my posts are not negative about Hibs. I give credit when it is due, it's just that since RG took over Hibs I have not felt the need to give them much credit.

Much as the intentions of RG are good I feel his ownership of Hibs has taken the club backwards. He has totally misread how to run a football club in Scotland. His trigger happy approach to things and appointing unqualified people at the club, like his son, has put him up for ridicule.

Mentioning Hibs in the same breath as Sevilla and Atletico Madrid are pure fantasy. Yes, fine, have ambition, but make it realistic.

I will continue to give my support to Hibs and watch them. As I will use this forum to criticise them, as other people do. Maybe I should temper down my posts at times, my bad, but some of the things coming out from Hibs on and off the park over the last few months have been deeply disappointing.

Maybe LJ will produce a new dawn. I really hope so.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't hate Hibs. Yes, been a Hibs supporter for over 50 years.

All my posts are not negative about Hibs. I give credit when it is due, it's just that since RG took over Hibs I have not felt the need to give them much credit.

Much as the intentions of RG are good I feel his ownership of Hibs has taken the club backwards. He has totally misread how to run a football club in Scotland. His trigger happy approach to things and appointing unqualified people at the club, like his son, has put him up for ridicule.

Mentioning Hibs in the same breath as Sevilla and Atletico Madrid are pure fantasy. Yes, fine, have ambition, but make it realistic.

I will continue to give my support to Hibs and watch them. As I will use this forum to criticise them, as other people do. Maybe I should temper down my posts at times, my bad, but some of the things coming out from Hibs on and off the park over the last few months have been deeply disappointing.

Maybe LJ will produce a new dawn. I really hope so.
    But you still made this up to have a pop at Ron Gordon ?

Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla

Show us where he said that numerous times 👍

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    But you still made this up to have a pop at Ron Gordon ?

Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla

Show us where he said that numerous times 👍
    It’s no different to Leeann Dempster saying she wanted us to emulate the best aspects of Southampton when they were riding high in the Premier League.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It’s no different to Leeann Dempster saying she wanted us to emulate the best aspects of Southampton when they were riding high in the Premier League.
    Ron didnt say that though, not once and certainly not numerous times as the poster states. Emulating and building similar structures that other clubs do are fine and its never a bad thing, however Ron Gordon has never said he wants us to play like Atletico or Seville, theres a big difference there and just another reason for the poster to have a pop at RG and not for the first time either

@hibs.net private member
    Ron didnt say that though, not once and certainly not numerous times as the poster states. Emulating and building similar structures that other clubs do are fine and its never a bad thing, however Ron Gordon has never said he wants us to play like Atletico or Seville, theres a big difference there and just another reason for the poster to have a pop at RG and not for the first time either
    To be fair Atleti and Sevilla are polar opposites when comparing playing styles.

Some folk just take things too literally. It makes sense to strive to be the best and you can always learn from others as you go along.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Its not about playing style its about trying to emulate clubs in similar stature in their own leagues as ourselves. Being the best of the rest if you like. Fair to say Rons got off to a bad start.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I know.

@hibs.net private member

Dearie me mate - you are not so much cut you and you bleed green as full to the brimming of brown stuff. There was nothing wrong with what LJ said in the interview - and by the way - giving interviews IS part of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Everbody interviewed post playoff match mentioned Lee Johnson in a positive light. He had Sunderland higher in the league when he was sacked than Alex Neil managed at the end of the season. When players were asked what Alex Neil brought to the team it was all about shoring them up defensively.

Looking forward to the Johnson era, it might be fun.👍

So am I. I have seen nothing to suggest that he is going to be a failure with us. He's received a bit of praise for building the Sunderland squad which won the play-offs today and the EFL trophy last season. I'll fully get behind him and look forward to the journey.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Lee Johnson green and white army.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The Sunderland team he put together got promoted yesterday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Lee Johnson green and white army.
    Johnson’s Four Week Plan - from the Official Site

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...rst-month-plan

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Gets the Graham Stack seal of approval, which I'm sure everyone's been waiting for.

https://twitter.com/GrahamStack1/sta...8D9NScQaQ&s=19

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Johnson’s Four Week Plan - from the Official Site

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...rst-month-plan
    Not entirely sure that deserved an article on the website.

It would appear that most of the players aren't back till at least 18/6/22 (according to the Hibs website), so it looks unlikely that anybody is going to be let go or sold before then. Johnson's got a big job on his hands; I just hope he gets the chance to build his own team, and that the funds will be made available to do that. There's quite a lot of dross in there, Jack Ross and Sean Maloney have to take a certain amount of responsibility for last season, but for me the players are just as responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Gets the Graham Stack seal of approval, which I'm sure everyone's been waiting for.

https://twitter.com/GrahamStack1/sta...8D9NScQaQ&s=19
    Remember him doing the naked walk when John Hughes was being interviewed for TV. Spoke to Graham's mum the week after he did it, she said she was not surprised that he did it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    It would appear that most of the players aren't back till at least 18/6/22 (according to the Hibs website), so it looks unlikely that anybody is going to be let go or sold before then. Johnson's got a big job on his hands; I just hope he gets the chance to build his own team, and that the funds will be made available to do that. There's quite a lot of dross in there, Jack Ross and Sean Maloney have to take a certain amount of responsibility for last season, but for me the players are just as responsible.
    There are a few who will be out of contract the end of this month

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Mental 😂

I’d rather he was looking forward to the derbies than treating them as just another game.

Yes, especially as he had a (brief) spell playing for Hearts so it’s an even more obvious angle for journalists to take.

He’s addressing it head on which is good.

Good business acumen

I like Lee Johnson's business acumen. Sounds like a good old fashioned wheeler and dealer. Buy the replacement first, and "then" sell the player!
    He bought Adam Webster for 2.5m from Ipswich, and "then" sold Aden Flint to Bristol City for £7m. Then 14 months later he sold Adam Webster for 20m, rising to 25m.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...s-two-24048523

I can see why Ron Gordon might have been impressed with this candidate!
    Last edited by Edina Street; 25-05-2022 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    I like Lee Johnson's business acumen. Sounds like a good old fashioned wheeler and dealer. Buy the replacement first, and "then" sell the player!
    He bought Adam Webster for 2.5m from Ipswich, and "then" sold Aden Flint to Bristol City for £7m. Then 14 months later he sold Adam Webster for 20m, rising to 25m.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...s-two-24048523

I can see why Ron Gordon might have been impressed with this candidate!
    Im sure someone on here suggested we were interested in Aden Flint.

Unsure if it’s guesswork or ITK.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Im sure someone on here suggested we were interested in Aden Flint.

Unsure if it’s guesswork or ITK.
    Think it’s because he’s now out of contract and looking for a club so an educated guess.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Mental 😂

Yup. That's a good sign, already.

Still not assistant or GC announced?