hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think that? If we appointed Klopp or Pep, possibly; otherwise no.
    Some fans would still moan we should have appointed the one we didnt

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    Can I suggest all those who said they wouldn't renew will, once they see the first couple of his signings.
    🤨 Spill the beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    🤨 Spill the beans
    Ah sorry for that. Not ITK at all, but I do believe we will see the type of signings we've been crying out for in midfield and up front as Ron is going to back this guy and we've money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    If we could just move on and support the club instead of all the whining maybe things will be ok.
    Yes agree! Without wanting to repeat what I've posted on many occasions, we've around 8,000 supporters that will support Hibernian FC no matter what the circumstances are. Over the years, the make-up of the 8,000 changes because of their own domestic circumstances. I've been one of this 8,000 for the last 20 plus years.

There's also around 6,000 supporters that want to have a good reason why they should purchase a Season Ticket or to put it another way will use every 'excuse' going on why they won't purchase a Season Ticket. Whilst I had a young family, I was in this category. The difference in Season Ticket purchase between having LJ or JDT as manager would, in my opinion, be marginal. More important is getting the right players in and seeing how they perform in the early games of the season. Having watched the rubbish we've watched for the last 9 months, I would not have an issue with supporters waiting to decide if they want to renew or not.

IMO, we need to get behind our new manager. What he's done or not done in the past is not a concern to me, it's what he does at Hibernian FC that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    MacKay’s season with Ross County was nothing special, recency bias just makes it seem that way because their results in 2022 were much better than results earlier in the season. Their final points total was exactly in line with their average points total in the top tier and they did nothing in the cups. Derek Adams & Jim McIntyre had much more successful seasons with Ross County than MacKay plus Adams did so with a smaller budget.

Also, Charles-Cook was at Ross County before MacKay arrived, he had nothing to do with his recruitment.
    "Recency bias" used on a football forum... whatever next?. My view is that after the first 6 or 7 games of the new season we will see alot of "confirmation bias" from whichever side of the manager arguement seems to be winning 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    How many more fans would buy season tickets with JDT over LJ in people's opinion??
    None

I think the club are going to target more flexible multi-game ticket packages going forward to exploit that section of our support for whom a full ST is either unaffordable or impractical due to work family commitments. They tried it this season and it seemed popular.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    I think the club are going to target more flexible multi-game ticket packages going forward to exploit that section of our support for whom a full ST is either unaffordable or impractical due to work family commitments. They tried it this season and it seemed popular.
    When you say ‘exploit’ do you mean ‘cater for’?

I'm defo going to renew and possibly take up one of the packages for the new suites, but I've got dietary requirements (coeliac) that I'd like to see the club cater for - anyone know who to contact at the club that's going to be in charge of the hospitality/catering?

Saif a few weeks back I wasn't renewing but I'm gonna do it next week after pay day. Excited by what I've heard from LJ and I wasn't really wanting him tbh but he seems to really have done his homework on us so let's jump on for the ride

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I'm defo going to renew and possibly take up one of the packages for the new suites, but I've got dietary requirements (coeliac) that I'd like to see the club cater for - anyone know who to contact at the club that's going to be in charge of the hospitality/catering?
    Surely you’d contact the hospitality/catering department ?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was playing golf with a Celtic ST holder on Saturday, and he was telling me about renewing his. Sits in the stand opposite main stand, upper tier and going by the pictures he posts on social media I wouldn’t say they his are the greatest seats in the house, but his ST costs £680.

He did say there were cheaper ST’s to be had, but really just goes to show how good value the Hibs ST’s are, particularly the Early Bird deal.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Saif a few weeks back I wasn't renewing but I'm gonna do it next week after pay day. Excited by what I've heard from LJ and I wasn't really wanting him tbh but he seems to really have done his homework on us so let's jump on for the ride
    Totally agree Border, since seeing the two interviews one with LJ and one with RG & LJ I've really taken to the guy, hopefully my new found faith in him won't be misplaced. I'm aboard. 🚂

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Email hospitality@hibernianfc.co.uk and you will be put in touch with the relevant person.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Yes agree! Without wanting to repeat what I've posted on many occasions, we've around 8,000 supporters that will support Hibernian FC no matter what the circumstances are. Over the years, the make-up of the 8,000 changes because of their own domestic circumstances. I've been one of this 8,000 for the last 20 plus years.

There's also around 6,000 supporters that want to have a good reason why they should purchase a Season Ticket or to put it another way will use every 'excuse' going on why they won't purchase a Season Ticket. Whilst I had a young family, I was in this category. The difference in Season Ticket purchase between having LJ or JDT as manager would, in my opinion, be marginal. More important is getting the right players in and seeing how they perform in the early games of the season. Having watched the rubbish we've watched for the last 9 months, I would not have an issue with supporters waiting to decide if they want to renew or not.

IMO, we need to get behind our new manager. What he's done or not done in the past is not a concern to me, it's what he does at Hibernian FC that matters to me.
    Don't know about the numbers but I would definitely fall into that '6,000' category you mention. I have a 10 year old and Saturdays are important (midweeks just wouldn't happen). He goes hot and cold when it comes to football.....last season we had lots of family COVID issues but if I was to guess I would say we would do well to make between 6-10 home games next season. This isn't because of who the manager is, its just life. Actually I don't care too much who the manager is, we could have made a shock move for Robbie replay but if he was backed by Ron and signed half the Scotland team I'd be delighted.
    For me it is that money is finite and I wouldn't get that much use of a season ticket at the moment. Things will change in the future and I'm sure I'll get one again. the fact I'm not getting one for 22-23 has nothing to do with a bloke who played a handful of games for Hearts and who none of their fans remember....we could have brought in Klopp and it wouldn't change my decision.

@hibs.net private member
    2 renewed this morning can't get hibs out of my system hopefully never will .
    GGTTH

I renewed the day of Lee’s appointment. I’m pig sick of the board sacking head coaches every time we hit a sticky patch. With every change we get a second revolving door of players.

It’s no way to run any business let alone a football club. My favourite Hibs players are always the ones who stick around for a few seasons or who come back later in their careers. They play for the jerseys and connect with the club and community in a way that the transients don’t.

JDT was only ever going to be passing through and his payoff, plus that of the Sporting Director he was insistent on, would have cut into our player budget for years to come. He was never a fit for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I renewed the day of Lee’s appointment. I’m pig sick of the board sacking head coaches every time we hit a sticky patch. With every change we get a second revolving door of players.

It’s no way to run any business let alone a football club. My favourite Hibs players are always the ones who stick around for a few seasons or who come back later in their careers. They play for the jerseys and connect with the club and community in a way that the transients don’t.

JDT was only ever going to be passing through and his payoff, plus that of the Sporting Director he was insistent on, would have cut into our player budget for years to come. He was never a fit for Hibs.
    JDT was insisting on implementing a sporting director?

That is interesting.

Where have you seen that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    JDT was insisting on implementing a sporting director?

That is interesting.

Where have you seen that?
    Reported in a few newspapers. Doesn’t mean it’s true of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

How much do you think managers get paid off?

We've already paid off 2 and a sporting director in the last 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    When you say ‘exploit’ do you mean ‘cater for’?
    😏

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Reported in a few newspapers. Doesn’t mean it’s true of course.
    Oh I never seen that.

That is interesting.

It makes me think JDT seen Hibs as a longer term project than is being reported. Surely if he wanted to implement a sporting director it would be with an eye on longevity

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    How many more fans would buy season tickets with JDT over LJ in people's opinion??
    None.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Bump...I've just renewed as I don't support a Board or a manager, I support the Hibs.

People won't renew for all sorts of reasons, if it's financial and they can't afford it, then fine, the club will need to be imaginative with pricing for some games to engage the floating supporter. I was pleasantly surprised at the number we've sold when I asked the ticket office what the numbers were standing at.

It's not as high as they hoped, but it's not a bad number IMO with nearly a week of the deadline for early bird to go, and who knows maybe another signing in the door shortly to whet the appetite?

I also paid the £200 for the Albion Bar, so to my mind that's effectively the equivalent of one and a half season tickets, and additional money into the club, so it's not all doom and gloom.

We've got a new manager who apparently wants to play on the front foot, so let's hope we dish out a few tankings in the League Cup to get us off to a flier and try and generate some early season momentum.

IF you can afford to renew, dae it...

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    So what was the figure given?

Over 8k, Ringo.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    after going on sale last week there's less than 50 memberships remaining for the Albion Bar

source: club e-mail

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Renewed my 2 but moved from the FF lower to the East .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    after going on sale last week there's less than 50 memberships remaining for the Albion Bar

source: club e-mail
    I thought about buying one, but I don't need it. Just go to the pubs around the stadium.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

About to start next season's Kicks for Kids fundraiser so hopefully we can boost the total sold by quite a bit 👏🤞