hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no mental gymnastics here, youvtried to emphasis the point that new facilities were ripping of folk as it had not coct anything extra to get into BTG,you didn'tevenget the stand right as has also been pointed out to you be anotherposter,so perhaps best to accept you are wrong and move on.
    cba to be honest. It's not that Important. Enjoy your night

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    We're charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar meanwhile Motherwell are giving away season tickets to unemployed/low income families 😂
    Don’t go then. I can guarantee there are lots of people happy to pay this. Just because you aren’t doesn’t mean it’s the clubs fault.

In the spirit of the Albion bar and other old Leith pubs, will they bring back the go-go's?😊
    Last edited by leith lynx; 18-05-2022 at 08:27 PM.

is there anything in place to take kids/teenagers an hour or so before games or these hospitality all alcohol and meal based. wouldve maybe paid for something like that.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d happily pay the.additional £200 as I think it’s a decent offer to get access to a limited number lounge, comfortable setting, option to purchase food/drink, all adds to the match day experience for the equivalent of around £10 a game. I also like the fact they’ve opened it up to all season ticket holders, not just those purchasing the executive seats.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Mate says he's over the moon with the new offering... got.to admit, I was reading the website and going wtf... he's saying it'll save him a few quid as he can tailor the membership to what he wants.. or something.

.... I just want a decent BTG back.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Who’s pleading poverty on the playing side? You make stuff up to dig at the board. No matter who is in charge.
    There wasn't anybody suitable to buy after we sold Boyler, according to Gordon. We played Hearts in the semi final without a recognised centre forward. Not a "dig" at the Board, more a statement of fact.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I’d happily pay the.additional £200 as I think it’s a decent offer to get access to a limited number lounge, comfortable setting, option to purchase food/drink, all adds to the match day experience for the equivalent of around £10 a game. I also like the fact they’ve opened it up to all season ticket holders, not just those purchasing the executive seats.
    Do folk not pay monthly for Hibs Club and Edin City club at Lochend?

I am not saying it’s great value but I am sure some already fork out for their pre match Boozer.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

I am not saying it’s great value but I am sure some already fork out for their pre match Boozer.
    Dunno about Edin City but the Hibs Club is a one off payment each year.... and not expensive at all!

For that, you get the better prices and the 10% extra on your card for anything you deposit into it as well as the points for every pound spent.
    Even if the place was a ****hole it would be worth it, but with the refurb a couple of years ago it's actually one of the nicer places to have a beer/gin in that part of town.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Dunno about Edin City but the Hibs Club is a one off payment each year.... and not expensive at all!

For that, you get the better prices and the 10% extra on your card for anything you deposit into it as well as the points for every pound spent.
    Even if the place was a ****hole it would be worth it, but with the refurb a couple of years ago it's actually one of the nicer places to have a beer/gin in that part of town.
    Fair enough, not been a member for many a year.

I may look into that for next season though. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    £200 is very steep. Expecting someone to pay £600+ for access to the match and a drink in the bar before hand for a season, oft

"Community club”
    Which is kind of my take on it. Having high end hospitality is absolutely fine, but it seems to me the least you can pay for access to west hospitality is £200 on top of your season ticket. The fans being left out here are the ones who budget to make a season ticket or even the odd walk up ticket and would appreciate a simple pub style bar like BTG was where you can maybe buy a scotch pie or a poke of chips to go with your pint.

Yes perhaps that wouldn't be a huge money maker, but it would go towards the 'connect' between the club and the ordinary fans .... if you want to punt yourself as a 'community' club it's hardly a good look when the poorer parts of that 'community' can only see the inside of the stadium for 90 minutes because even £200 for the lower end of west hospitality is outwith their reach, which probably applies to a good number of our hard core support.

Still, it's an ill wind as they say and that's all good news for Edinburgh City whose social club will no doubt continue to be rammed every time Hibs are at home. Maybe Hibs real contribution to Edinburgh's community is to help ensure City have a good few bob of our fans cash in their coffers every year.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 18-05-2022 at 11:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

Annual payment for Edin City club

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Annual payment for Edin City club
    I stand corrected on both then. Apologies. I had a Edin City membership 3 or 4 seasons ago and thought I’d paid monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Which is kind of my take on it. Having high end hospitality is absolutely fine, but it seems to me the least you can pay for access to west hospitality is £200 on top of your season ticket. The fans being left out here are the ones who budget to make a season ticket or even the odd walk up ticket and would appreciate a simple pub style bar like BTG was where you can maybe buy a scotch pie or a poke of chips to go with your pint.

Yes perhaps that wouldn't be a huge money maker, but it would go towards the 'connect' between the club and the ordinary fans .... if you want to punt yourself as a 'community' club it's hardly a good look when the poorer parts of that 'community' can only see the inside of the stadium for 90 minutes because even £200 for the lower end of west hospitality is outwith their reach, which probably applies to a good number of our hard core support.

Still, it's an ill wind as they say and that's all good news for Edinburgh City whose social club will no doubt continue to be rammed every time Hibs are at home. Maybe Hibs real contribution to Edinburgh's community is to help ensure City have a good few bob of our fans cash in their coffers every year.
    I think Hibs, officially or otherwise, walked away from the whole 'community club' thing quite some time ago. It's a move that has been welcomed by many who felt being community minded meant we lacked the ruthlessness required to succeed in football.

That's fine really. Running a football club like any other business makes sense in a lot of ways. I would argue the issue a club at our level faces is that if it starts to alienate you from the very community that supports you then it can become counter productive.

As I said above I don't really care about this £200 Albion Bar or the lack of a free to enter venue, I won't use either. I do question how so many other teams in the league seem to make a fans bar work yet we can't. We have a far bigger captive audience than Livingston or St Johnstone ever will.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think Hibs, officially or otherwise, walked away from the whole 'community club' thing quite some time ago. It's a move that has been welcomed by many who felt being community minded meant we lacked the ruthlessness required to succeed in football.

That's fine really. Running a football club like any other business makes sense in a lot of ways. I would argue the issue a club at our level faces is that if it starts to alienate you from the very community that supports you then it can become counter productive.

As I said above I don't really care about this £200 Albion Bar or the lack of a free to enter venue, I won't use either. I do question how so many other teams in the league seem to make a fans bar work yet we can't. We have a far bigger captive audience than Livingston or St Johnstone ever will.
    But that audience has a multitude of pre-match, easy walk to the ground decent pubs to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    But that audience has a multitude of pre-match, easy walk to the ground decent pubs to choose from.
    Even allowing for that BTG was still regularly full well over an hour before kick off with a one out, one in system operating.

BTG lost money largely because it was poorly run rather than because of lack of interest.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    Not keen on the name either. Stubbs or Gray's Bar would be more appt. We have the FF stand and now the Tornadoes bar but nothing for those who gave us the greatest day in the clubs history in over 100 years.

Like the idea though and hope it is a success.
    I'd have approached the 7up drinks marketing people and had them knock-up some suitable green signage naming the area the 7 up bar.

Make sure there are lots of pics from that famous derby game and a bar theme in that style would def be a good place to have a few beers.

I have a hunch that would be a popular choice 😎🇳🇬

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 19-05-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Even allowing for that BTG was still regularly full well over an hour before kick off with a one out, one in system operating.

BTG lost money largely because it was poorly run rather than because of lack of interest.
    Yeah, that's true. tbh, I was only ever in it a couple of times. Why anyone went there for that offering when there's so many good pubs around beats me, but you're right, it was heaving.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Yeah, that's true. tbh, I was only ever in it a couple of times. Why anyone went there for that offering when there's so many good pubs around beats me, but you're right, it was heaving.
    Proximity to the ground get a drink something to eat watch the TV game then two minutes to your seat. Also the fact all Hibs fans together. Think it is poor we don't offer that given the facilities are there though appreciate they need updating.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    I've not got a problem with the new options, I'm sure plenty of folk who have the money will sign up and it will hopefully make the club money that they can reinvest in the squad.

I'd assume they are still looking at a new improved BTG type setup though surely, although they probably wanted the higher revenue setup launched first. After all, can't necessarily do everything at once - but as others have said the potential is there for BTG to do well, if run properly. It's a shame the club have let the space fall into such disrepair, seems very short sighted.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    The Pioneers option doesn't mention a seat for the game?

Probably an oversight, at least I hope so for that price!

maybe if I win the lottery...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member
    Looks like a pretty decent option. Hopefully they have the racing channel on the tv during the winter

@hibs.net private member micksoo's Avatar
    The Albion Bar had 210 memberships available. Over half sold already.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micksoo View Post
    Over £21,000 for the club less tax already.

So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

They shut BTG and there’s been zero alternatives on offer.
    BTG lost money,it was a drain on the club not a gold mine.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    BTG lost money,it was a drain on the club not a gold mine.
    I remember going in to the first floor BTG when I was 13-14, having to queue to get in for 15 minutes, getting in, setting up camp somewhere because the tables were all taken and playing games on my phone for 30 minutes while my dad queued for a drink. It was a real wasted opportunity.

There is definitely a market for a supporters bar at the stadium - that space would be perfect. But FFS make it either bottles/cans only or put in a massive bar the full width of the room to speed the service up.

Wetherspoons is a perfect example of how to design a bar to cater to large numbers quickly. Loads of space, loads of taps, loads of tills and loads of staff.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by micksoo View Post
    Guaranteed to sell out, well done Hibs, this is a great initiative and a necessary one too. If BTG makes a return I think that will be based on a membership type scheme too. The club needs to make money out of these places.
    Last edited by Brooster; 20-05-2022 at 12:02 PM.

So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

They shut BTG and there’s been zero alternatives on offer.
    Well said

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I like the new options. Only problem is trying to contact the hospitality team by e mail or telephone. This suggests that there is a big interest in the new hospitality.

Imagine if they are serving Carling as the on tap lager.