hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m with you - I was coming at it from the point of view that they are probably charging similar so not worth getting worked up over *
    Cool.. sorry mate. Misunderstood your post and the answer is they they charge almost exactly the same :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Not true at all. Got plaudits for extending the season ticket deadline and for freezing prices this season. But charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar is absolutely ridiculous.

Leith has about 25 pubs within walking distance and good ones at that.
    If its ridiculous then folk wont pay it

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Is there no a middle ground here though? Charging £200 to enter a bar that STH got free access to previously is a bit steep. How about a £5 entry fee for using it or something like that?
    More than happy for hospitality to be on offer, I've gone to it several times myself as a treat and the club do need to have ways to generate income.

It's the fact that there previously was an option for season ticket holders to access a bar facility free of charge in the past which is the point of frustration for me.

Especially when the club's just announced an option which sounds very similar to what BTG used to be but is now charging £200 per season and also that other clubs seem to be able to offer a bar facility at their stadium which is free of charge to enter.

Hopefully we get a replacement for BTG open soon.

Looks good. Won't personally ever use it but if it increases revenue fair enough.

They are using a top Leith furniture firm I’m told.

The facilities are going to be a significant upgrade on anything we’ve had before.

The idea is to generate more income for the playing squad. Good news all round.

Is there no a middle ground here though? Charging £200 to enter a bar that STH got free access to previously is a bit steep. How about a £5 entry fee for using it or something like that?
    Think your confusing your bars here,nothing to do with BTG,not even the same stand.🤣

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    Think your confusing your bars here,nothing to do with BTG,not even the same stand.🤣
    Exactly, this hospitality offering has been in existence long before BTG existed.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Exactly, this hospitality offering has been in existence long before BTG existed.
    A one off £200 charge for access to a cash bar for the season?
    I honestly didn’t know.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Why can't there be another BTG? Plenty of other clubs across Scotland manage to provide a bar facility within their stadium which does not cost anything to enter.

What's so different about Hibs?
    Don’t question it, just be happy about it

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Doesn't really change my point though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A one off £200 charge for access to a cash bar for the season?
    I honestly didn’t know.
    You can read my previous long post further up this thread which explains it.

Doesn't really change my point though.
    so your happy to make criticism of the club with a point that was,when made totally invalid? Good for you champ,meanwhile in the real world folk are debating whether or not it will help club realise more profit to be funneled towards playing side,just you keep having a pop though.
    T

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Don’t question it, just be happy about it
    Maybe just stop twisting the knife in to the club?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You can read my previous long post further up this thread which explains it.
    It didn’t make clear that the £200 offering for access to a cash bar only existed before. Maybe that’s just me reading it wrong though.
    Last edited by marinello59; 18-05-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Maybe just stop twisting the knife in to the club?
    I think scrutiny over this is justified to be honest.

What is it that’s not clear and is upsetting folk? I genuinely don’t understand the comparisons to the FF and why a new corporate style bar that holds 200 is causing some folk to lose their head.

Go anywhere in England and this is common place.

We should be applauding the club for making our stadium the best it can be whilst at the same time increasing commercial income for the benefit of every Hibs supporter

Why? It’s an option that some among us will be able to take, it sounds brilliant to me. The more money Hibs take the better. It’s been on offer for years without a peep, only now that it’s being re-advertised and re packaged is it being scrutinised.

It’s just further proof that some have made their mind up about RG and the club will not do anything right for them.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Why? There is an option there for fans to pay and go to the bar, if fans dont want to then dont do it, absolutely nothing to be scrutinised in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    What is it that’s not clear and is upsetting folk? I genuinely don’t understand the comparisons to the FF and why a new corporate style bar that holds 200 is causing some folk to lose their head.

Go anywhere in England and this is common place.

We should be applauding the club for making our stadium the best it can be whilst at the same time increasing commercial income for the benefit of every Hibs supporter
    For me it's not the fact this new place has opened that I'm opposed to, it's the fact that it's opened for £200 per season despite being very similar in nature to BTG but a free to enter BTG hasn't been replaced.

Especially when there seems to have been intentions to reopen a new BTG a year or so ago but now that's all gone quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why? It’s an option that some among us will be able to take, it sounds brilliant to me. The more money Hibs take the better. It’s been on offer for years without a peep, only now that it’s being re-advertised and re packaged is it being scrutinised.

It’s just further proof that some have made their mind up about RG and the club will not do anything right for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    Why? There is an option there for fans to pay and go to the bar, if fans dont want to then dont do it, absolutely nothing to be scrutinised in my opinion
    Explained more above.

it’s not a bar that season ticket holders got free access to - its got nothing to do with BTG, it’s not even in the same stand

For me it's not the fact this new place has opened that I'm opposed to, it's the fact that it's opened for £200 per season despite being very similar in nature to BTG but a free to enter BTG hasn't been replaced.

Especially when there seems to have been intentions to reopen a new BTG a year or so ago but now that's all gone quiet.
    It’s not gone quiet at all but everything to do with priorities.

All being well you’ll have your FF bar refurbed during summer 2023 but that only works if ST’a don’t tank any further and we don’t have a better team.

I’d also expect there to be a surcharge on any ST for access to the FF bar, unless fans want the £2m reduced from the playing pool over the next 10 years.

New hospitality offering

I actually wish Hibs had just said it’s a £750 corporate offering, gets you an exec seat and a cash bar before, at HT and at full time.

It would be a simpler message and one that wouldn’t get the negative comments.

Instead they’ve tried to offer it to existing ST holders for £200 and are getting crucified.

Surely you get that the club need to prioritise the options that generate the most income first?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    so your happy to make criticism of the club with a point that was,when made totally invalid? Good for you champ,meanwhile in the real world folk are debating whether or not it will help club realise more profit to be funneled towards playing side,just you keep having a pop though.
    T
    That's some mental gymnastics if I've ever seen any. If anything I'm responding to the folk having a go at the club. The point I'm trying to make is that there could easily be a middle ground to folk feeling ripped off by the new hospitality on offer and the club increasing commercial revenues.

The point I made about BTG was nothing more than a suggestion to facilitate that middle ground.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I don’t like the name “Pioneers” for the hospitality restaurant. It’s a bit too The Rangers for me, with their “gallant pioneers” nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    200 quid for access twice a month to a glorified BTG 🤣
    About £8-£10 a game. Not bad actually

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    About £8-£10 a game. Not bad actually
    I’d have paid that compared to waiting 40 minutes to get served BTG.

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I don’t like the name “Pioneers” for the hospitality restaurant. It’s a bit too The Rangers for me, with their “gallant pioneers” nonsense.
    Not keen on the name either. Stubbs or Gray's Bar would be more appt. We have the FF stand and now the Tornadoes bar but nothing for those who gave us the greatest day in the clubs history in over 100 years.

Like the idea though and hope it is a success.

That's some mental gymnastics if I've ever seen any. If anything I'm responding to the folk having a go at the club. The point I'm trying to make is that there could easily be a middle ground to folk feeling ripped off by the new hospitality on offer and the club increasing commercial revenues.

The point I made about BTG was nothing more than a suggestion to facilitate that middle ground.
    no mental gymnastics here, you tried to emphasis the point that new facilities were ripping of folk as it had not cost anything extra to get into BTG,you didn'tevenget the stand right as has also been pointed out to you be another poster,so perhaps best to accept you are wrong and move on.