hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Hertz fans who hate us less than you appear to.
    Be careful pal, lest you be judged by the company you keep.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    That’s Rolls Royce prices to watch a Reliant Robin team.

Wonder if the new manager will see ANY of the Boyle money to improve the team, or has all that money went into this refurbishment?

Posters on here continually tell us we cannot go big on spending on players, yet there’s no such limitation on big screens and season ticket packages, it would appear.

Cart before the horse, which seems to be a developing theme with Gordon.
    Where has there been anything but constant talk about this summer the manager having a big budget?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It does look superb, but doesn't come cheap. Can anyone add the Albion Bar to their season ticket?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It does look superb, but doesn't come cheap. Can anyone add the Albion Bar to their season ticket?
    Will be interesting to see the price of a pint there! Predictions?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    £200 is very steep. Expecting someone to pay £600+ for access to the match and a drink in the bar before hand for a season, oft

“Community club”
    Last edited by Stuart93; 18-05-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Where has there been anything but constant talk about this summer the manager having a big budget?
    Where was that bigger budget in January when we copped £3m for our best player and had to swallow a line from our owner about it being a “good window ?”

It’s infrastructure v the playing side argument again - in his last Q and A before he was sacked, Maloney was asked about the Boyle money and he said there was money needed for building work at the ground. It was also referenced as being part of the rammy he had with Kensell the day he left.

This team needs 5/6 first team starters in the door in the next 5/6 weeks. Are you confident we’ll get them, or will we just have to placate ourselves with the fact we’ve got fantastic function suites?

I know which one I’d prefer, because it appears despite the rhetoric we’ll not be getting both, that’s for sure.

Where was that bigger budget in January when we copped £3m for our best player and had to swallow a line from our owner about it being a “good window ?”

It’s infrastructure v the playing side argument again - in his last Q and A before he was sacked, Maloney was asked about the Boyle money and he said there was money needed for building work at the ground. It was also referenced as being part of the rammy he had with Kensell the day he left.

This team needs 5/6 first team starters in the door in the next 5/6 weeks. Are you confident we’ll get them, or will we just have to placate ourselves with the fact we’ve got fantastic function suites?

I know which one I’d prefer, because it appears despite the rhetoric we’ll not be getting both, that’s for sure.
    Well lets return to it in 5/6 weeks.

I’m not going to get all hot and bothered over maybes

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    £200 is very steep. Expecting someone to pay £600+ for access to the match and a drink in the bar before hand for a season, oft
    Agreed. I miss BTG and now just sit in the car for up to 2 hours before games which isn't ideal but certainly won't be paying £200 on top of my season ticket to access a bar area.

I don’t get the whole #weareallhibs one season then next they’re asking people to fork out £200 to enter a cash bar in easter road. We’re all hibs but only if you can afford it.

I don’t get the whole #weareallhibs one season then next they’re asking people to fork out £200 to enter a cash bar in easter road. We’re all hibs but only if you can afford it.
    It’s a hospitality offering. For hospitality types.

They should be looking to improve the experience for us council types though

Hot water in the toilets in the East Stand would be nice for the serfs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    It's good that we now have various corporate options for those who can afford it. If we can't, we will just go to the many pubs in Leith. We're still all Hibs, but it's a capitalist society we live in. I'd rather the richer fans were able to pay more into the club to boost the finances.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We'll have less of this commie nonsense. Hot water? You'll be demanding edible food at the kiosks next.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Even the cheaper options aren't aimed at your average punter. Not many people are going to be tempted to pay £200 for access to a cash bar which will have the usual premium prices attached when we have multiple places offering the same, often better, within half a mile of the stadium.

I think the Albion Bar is a bit of an add on for current Edinburgh Suite ST holders who might find themselves priced out of the new hospitality areas. Rather than lose them altogether it's an option that carries a bit of exclusivity. I'd highly doubt you will get many people who usually drink in pubs on Leith Walk or Easter Road pre match suddenly rushing to pay £200 for the privilege of doing it in the stadium. I also doubt Hibs ever believed that would be the case.

I have minimal interest in hospitality at the football, regular or as a treat, so Hibs could charge £1000 a game for all I care.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

They might even bring back the macaroon bar man for us! Luxury!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    It's good that we now have various corporate options for those who can afford it. If we can't, we will just go to the many pubs in Leith. We're still all Hibs, but it's a capitalist society we live in. I'd rather the richer fans were able to pay more into the club to boost the finances.
    So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

They shut BTG and there’s been zero alternatives on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    We'll have less of this commie nonsense. Hot water? You'll be demanding edible food at the kiosks next.
    Spasibo, comrade. The hot water is a serious point though, especially in these germ/virus ridden times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    They also do Murrayfield
    Do you know if they are any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    The club has been criticised in the past for not generating commercial revenue on par with the likes of Aberdeen/Hearts. If there’s a market for this sort of business then I don’t see the problem with it, more income the better. I actually think the additional £200 is fair enough over the season to add to the overall match day experience, appreciate it’s not for everyone but there’ll be plenty fans who’ll want to have a more relaxed pre-game environment to enjoy a few beers.

So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

BTG was **** though!

This will generate income for the club, hopefully some that can be channeled into a better BTG type venue with decent beer and speedy service!

We just pay for a seat at the game, we get a seat at the game. Hot water would be nice as said above. BTG was ***** and it's not coming back.

Spasibo, comrade. The hot water is a serious point though, especially in these germ/virus ridden times.
    The tasteless coffee on offer at the moment could be an alternative I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Do you know if they are any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only been once and I really enjoyed it. Wouldn't pay for it out my own pocket though.

@hibs.net private member

You pay to gain entry to watch the football, where does it say that the club are obliged to offer a comfortable, well priced pre match watering hole as part of the deal? I’m glad the club are investing into infrastructure that will add to revenue which can ultimately help with player budget. BTG was, for the most part, a miserable experience anyway.

I was in The Gallery on Sunday the food was fantastic (bacon roll pre-match, steak pie at half-time and pork belly at full-time). With the inclusive drinks, it was also very good value at £135. There were brochures on the tables advertising the new options and there didn't really seem to be anything similar to that day's offering which is a shame as we really enjoyed it and said we would certainly do it again for a similar deal.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Copying my post from the previous thread.

It’s not a new BTG, it is the Edinburgh Suite moving down a floor and being split into two.

Currently, Edinburgh Suite season ticket holders pay £1350 for suite access, buffet food, a paid bar + seat in the west stand.

Many members of the Edinburgh Suite don’t partake in the buffet though and only use the bar so the new hospitality will split this into 2 new options.

Tornadoes - pretty much the same as the current Edinburgh Suite package but in a new location with an apparently much better food offering.

Albion Bar - current Edinburgh Suite package but without the buffet food included. I think the price is £750 for a season ticket so saving £600 for the folk who never partook in the buffet food.

The majority of places in the lounge will probably be taken by existing Edinburgh suite members however there is an option for people who wish sit outwith the hospitality sections to pay £200 to access the suite pre and post match.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    You pay to gain entry to watch the football, where does it say that the club are obliged to offer a comfortable, well priced pre match watering hole as part of the deal? I’m glad the club are investing into infrastructure that will add to revenue which can ultimately help with player budget. BTG was, for the most part, a miserable experience anyway.
    Why can't there be another BTG? Plenty of other clubs across Scotland manage to provide a bar facility within their stadium which does not cost anything to enter.

What's so different about Hibs?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Why can't there be another BTG? Plenty of other clubs across Scotland manage to provide a bar facility within their stadium which does not cost anything to enter.

What's so different about Hibs?
    I thought they were re-doing BTG?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I thought they were re-doing BTG?
    That was certainly the initial plan but think it's gone quiet.

My understanding is that there's no active plans in place.

Didn’t Kensell confirm on the podcast that BTG was not only a money loser for the club, but would also cost a significant sum to refurb?