hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    • 4 course fine dining food offering

“offering” what does this mean in plain English? Included or you could take up the offering if you stump up?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be wrong but a lot of the Famous Five bit where BTG is will be used by the Community Foundation
    Yep. They’ve been raising money to do the work for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've always thought that big corner space between the FF and East is underutilised. I know it's used as a car park on match days but if alternative space could be found for that then it leaves a big space to play with.

A gazebo or some kind of semi permanent structure, couple of portacabin toilets, amenities to run a quick service bottle and spirits bar and a couple of mobile bars featuring produce from local breweries. Bang a couple of street food stalls in the space behind the East as well. I'd wager a few companies would be very keen to pay for a pitch with a potential 5 figure captive audience every other week.
    Which is similar to what works so well at Murrayfield and is utilised by German Clubs, and Man City etc.

Hibs are miles behind with stuff like this. Stuff that fans actually want. Instead they've revamped corporate hospitality which isn't aimed at the fans really. It's aimed at milking the cash cow.

Alongside something like you suggest, or a cheaper BTG (which im on record as saying was crap - but could easily be run better) type offering, then you'd have a complete package for most markets on a Hibs match day. Maybe its on the cards but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The community foundation use way too much of our stadium already. We've not heard a peep out of them for years, even after us generously advertising them on our shirts.

They should relocate and find their own premises to allow admin staff or whatever to occupy this space.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Sounds like a no-brainer in theory.

Didn’t we briefly have an outdoor bar outside the East a few seasons back? I never went so not sure if it was any good?
    We did. Think this was after Behind the goals closed
    We also had La Favourita selling pizzas next door to the barw

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Which is similar to what works so well at Murrayfield and is utilised by German Clubs, and Man City etc.

Hibs are miles behind with stuff like this. Stuff that fans actually want. Instead they've revamped corporate hospitality which isn't aimed at the fans really. It's aimed at milking the cash cow.

Alongside something like you suggest, or a cheaper BTG (which im on record as saying was crap - but could easily be run better) type offering, then you'd have a complete package for most markets on a Hibs match day. Maybe its on the cards but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    We moan that we dont take enough money, and Hearts can spend more than us. We've brought the screens in to earn more income through advertisement, we've started to get better hospitality, and first signs are good as sales are doing well.

Of course clubs will milk the cash cow, they need cash to generate money for new players, if we stand still we go backwards.

People do not like change, but change is needed to keep us going forward, perhaps when we've finished with hospitality and it is a roaring success, we might then have the money to sort BTG next?

I obviously dont know the ins and outs of our finances, but whatever you think about our owner, he is speculating to accumulate.

I've always thought that big corner space between the FF and East is underutilised. I know it's used as a car park on match days but if alternative space could be found for that then it leaves a big space to play with.

A gazebo or some kind of semi permanent structure, couple of portacabin toilets, amenities to run a quick service bottle and spirits bar and a couple of mobile bars featuring produce from local breweries. Bang a couple of street food stalls in the space behind the East as well. I'd wager a few companies would be very keen to pay for a pitch with a potential 5 figure captive audience every other week.
    I agree this would be the ideal area. Probably a very unlikely scenario but I always wondered if it was something that could be done as a joint effort between Hibs and Hibs supporters club.

The supporters club sell their existing place and built a new one there. It could still have its own private areas for members only and have an area for other fans like BTG on match days

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The community foundation use way too much of our stadium already. We've not heard a peep out of them for years, even after us generously advertising them on our shirts.

They should relocate and find their own premises to allow admin staff or whatever to occupy this space.
    “We've not heard a peep out of them for years” - I don’t think that’s accurate.

FFIT, Changing Rooms, Fit For Life to name but three, there are more initiatives (they have Portal if folks want to learn more) but these things IIRC have been promoted by the club and made their way to this boards.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Taking this thread back to hospitality, looks like I will be using the Artisan again next season. Why cant they simply put bars in the stadium. Remember, even Rot Weiss Essen
    Were able to put in pop up bars on match day.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Taking this thread back to hospitality, looks like I will be using the Artisan again next season. Why cant they simply put bars in the stadium. Remember, even Rot Weiss Essen
    Were able to put in pop up bars on match day.
    good to see a return to its traditional green exterior, the brown was guff.
    is the picture of Bestie still up in there? Did he used to frequent the Artisan - kinda fitting in a way.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    In terms of the packages available it looks like Tornadoes is the closest to what used to be available in The Gallery although from memory I think it's maybe about £20 more expensive.

Half time drinks and snacks and a 3 course meal all sound familiar. Not sure if "optional inclusive drinks package" is the same though as it was a free bar in The Gallery. Again might just be my understanding.
    I think the old offering is more like the pioneers now as both include the drink.

£120 to £190 (with ST discount for category B). A sizeable increase but if the quality is improved too then not unreasonable.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    “We've not heard a peep out of them for years” - I don’t think that’s accurate.

FFIT, Changing Rooms, Fit For Life to name but three, there are more initiatives (they have Portal if folks want to learn more) but these things IIRC have been promoted by the club and made their way to this boards.
    Not to mention they ran the Hibernian Women's team

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I think the old offering is more like the pioneers now as both include the drink.

£120 to £190 (with ST discount for category B). A sizeable increase but if the quality is improved too then not unreasonable.
    Yeah having looked again I think you're right so I'm assuming the Tornadoes "optional inclusive drinks package" would be on top of what you're paying for the headline price although there's no price listed for what it might be.

I don't think I'd have any interest in the fine dining food in Pioneers and the price is just too much to justify which is a real pity as I really enjoyed the times I've gone to hospitality but it looks like the club are targeting a different type of clientele into their hospitality areas which is their right to do so and good luck to them.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yeah having looked again I think you're right so I'm assuming the Tornadoes "optional inclusive drinks package" would be on top of what you're paying for the headline price although there's no price listed for what it might be.

I don't think I'd have any interest in the fine dining food in Pioneers and the price is just too much to justify which is a real pity as I really enjoyed the times I've gone to hospitality but it looks like the club are targeting a different type of clientele into their hospitality areas which is their right to do so and good luck to them.
    I would imagine that once you buy a tornadoes package (or maybe just once the season approaches) you'll get a deal along the lines of "5 bottles of Corona for £20" etc. Although saying that I'm not sure they'd be allowed to offer that unless the bottles were £4 each anyway...

I'd be surprised if "fine dining" was drastically different to the old offering. I'd expect the overall quality to have improved slightly but it won't be a Michelin star-esque menu where you don't even know what half of the words mean.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I would imagine that once you buy a tornadoes package (or maybe just once the season approaches) you'll get a deal along the lines of "5 bottles of Corona for £20" etc. Although saying that I'm not sure they'd be allowed to offer that unless the bottles were £4 each anyway...

I'd be surprised if "fine dining" was drastically different to the old offering. I'd expect the overall quality to have improved slightly but it won't be a Michelin star-esque menu where you don't even know what half of the words mean.
    I'd definitely be hoping for the overall standard to have improved more than just slightly if the price has increased by around 60% compared with last season.

Definitely not into proper fine dining where the quality is no doubt very good but the quantity is so small that once you're finished you're looking to nip out to the local Pizza Hut because you're still starving!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    good to see a return to its traditional green exterior, the brown was guff.
    is the picture of Bestie still up in there? Did he used to frequent the Artisan - kinda fitting in a way.
    I havent noticed the picture but its Irish lads who have it now and the green and white facade is smart very smart

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar

I agree it's decent sized space sitting vacant but remember there's quite a steep slope on that bit of land for any temporary structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I agree this would be the ideal area. Probably a very unlikely scenario but I always wondered if it was something that could be done as a joint effort between Hibs and Hibs supporters club.

The supporters club sell their existing place and built a new one there. It could still have its own private areas for members only and have an area for other fans like BTG on match days
    I would be surprised if the HSA signed up to anything like this, it's to far away from regular bus links and midweek foot fall to the club would probably fall any severely.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I agree it's decent sized space sitting vacant but remember there's quite a steep slope on that bit of land for any temporary structure.

I would be surprised if the HSA signed up to anything like this, it's to far away from regular bus links and midweek foot fall to the club would probably fall any severely.
    Too far away from regular bus links? It's less than a 5 minute walk from the back of the FF to the nearest bus stop on Easter Road. The other thing is that you have a non residential street ( St Clair street ) a few feet away that folk could park in, especially after 5pm, on non match days, how near can you park to the current club at Sunnyside?

Having said that, I can't really see the HSA wanting to be so connected to the club, possibly preferring to keep things at arms length in case of any future disagreements. Besides, at least part of that corner will be required if Hibs ever decide to get the finger out and extend the FF stand to meet up with the east to get rid of that ridiculous gap between the two stands.

Jesus.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Sometimes you do come across as just fishing, ye ken?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson