hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine if they are serving Carling as the on tap lager.
    It's skol, kestrel and hofmeister

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    It's skol, kestrel and hofmeister
    Kestrel Lager…. It bites.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    They are using a top Leith furniture firm I’m told.

The facilities are going to be a significant upgrade on anything we’ve had before.

The idea is to generate more income for the playing squad. Good news all round.
    Ron announced that a couple of AGM’s ago, but it didn’t transpire and it’s all being done by a Glasgow based company.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Ron announced that a couple of AGM’s ago, but it didn’t transpire and it’s all being done by a Glasgow based company.
    No they are Edinburgh based:
    http://442design.com/

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonpaulnevin View Post
    No they are Edinburgh based:
    http://442design.com/
    442 did all the design - which is great, Procast are the main contractor I believe and they’re using their own joinery manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    442 did all the design - which is great, Procast are the main contractor I believe and they’re using their own joinery manufacturers.
    Seen 👌

Is the facility sub-contracted out, or is all running costs and resultant profits going to the club? Might go for one of the packages if it's the latter.

If it makes any difference, they will be offering Tennents in the new hospitality areas

I'm really impressed by it all. Was fortunate enough to take part in their launch night, the food that was served was for the Pioneer offering. I'm a big foodie, and like this kind of thing, thought it was excellent and the service on the night was massively improved.

I also like hospitality at Hibs because it's the one venue where the queue for the mens toilet is longer than the womens...

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    If it makes any difference, they will be offering Tennents in the new hospitality areas

I'm really impressed by it all. Was fortunate enough to take part in their launch night, the food that was served was for the Pioneer offering. I'm a big foodie, and like this kind of thing, thought it was excellent and the service on the night was massively improved.

I also like hospitality at Hibs because it's the one venue where the queue for the mens toilet is longer than the womens...
    Tennents pah. What's wrong with Pilot, Innis and Gunn or Bellfield to name but 3 massively better lagers than that dross.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by micksoo View Post
    The Albion Bar had 210 memberships available. Over half sold already.
    Great opportunity for sure. I’d have definitely been up for that if I was renewing my ST this year. It is a good initiative, has to sell out quickly and the seat will only be available on a “dead man’s shoes” kind of basis going forward. Got to say it one of the better club initiatives.
    Good luck to those that get in there

Will the hospitality be available to hire on non match days?

Also will the better food / restaurant be open more regularly for others to try on a one off basis ? I see Hearts do this I think - not sure how often it’s open. Probably adds quite a bit of extra ££.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Tennents pah. What's wrong with Pilot, Innis and Gunn or Bellfield to name but 3 massively better lagers than that dross.
    Nowt wrong with a pint of Tennents and is probably a popular lager with a lot of the support. Certainly seems to be the lager of choice in most of the pubs around the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Nowt wrong with a pint of Tennents and is probably a popular lager with a lot of the support. Certainly seems to be the lager of choice in most of the pubs around the stadium.
    Well. It's mass produced with minimum taste and is lowish alcohol so lacks body any discernible hop flavours and generally so far from a real lager style to be a drink in its own right. Other than that I suppose it's OK.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Well. It's mass produced with minimum taste and is lowish alcohol so lacks body any discernible hop flavours and generally so far from a real lager style to be a drink in its own right. Other than that I suppose it's OK.
    Which all may be true but it still sells in massive amounts in the pubs around the ground . Some of which will almost certainly be to the very people that will be frequenting the new Albion Bar!

Most guys that I drink with that drink lager wouldn’t thank you for a hoppy pint of Innes whatever and would be rather pleased to see a Tennents available.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Each to their own. I will defend tennents to the hilt. No one’s asking you to drink it, there’s bound something for everyone on offer.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Which all may be true but it still sells in massive amounts in the pubs around the ground . Some of which will almost certainly be to the very people that will be frequenting the new Albion Bar!

Most guys that I drink with that drink lager wouldn’t thank you for a hoppy pint of Innes whatever and would be rather pleased to see a Tennents available.
    Well we need some tasting classes lol.

Tennents is intrinsically linked to Scottish fitba.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Innis and Gunn tastes like piss water imo.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    And Scotland’s best selling beer by a country mile. As cooking lagers go, it’s very good IMHO and a product Scotland should be very proud of.

Noting wrong with T.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Cannae beat a good pint of cold Tennents

Other lagers just don’t come close imho

Tennents is pretty much on a par with fosters or carling.

I don't drink much these days but other week i had a pint in a cricket club in keighley called poretti. Never even heard of it but for a larger I quite enjoyed it.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Tennents Lager drinkers notice the difference between Tennents Carling and Fosters trust me 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by micksoo View Post
    The Albion Bar had 210 memberships available. Over half sold already.
    Is that 210 with west stand seats or 210 total (west stand seated memberships + bar access memberships)???

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

I don't drink much these days but other week i had a pint in a cricket club in keighley called poretti. Never even heard of it but for a larger I quite enjoyed it.
    A good pint of Tennents like they sell in The Abbotsford is miles better than Carling or Fosters. The canned stuff is another matter though, little to choose I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Poretti is decent. Nice example of Italian "pilsener".4 hopped. The 8 hop version is stretching things IMO.

The new Stella unfiltered is worth trying too. Jumping a bit on the trend but not overworked. Back on 5%abv too so better than the new 4.6% available widely..

Any idea yet what individual match prices are likely to be for the new hospitality packages?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Any idea yet what individual match prices are likely to be for the new hospitality packages?
    Have a look at the tickets site, shows you the offering at each hospitality unit
    As an example the “Tornadoes” is £2,500 for the season or around £132 per match. Single options will be much more expensive than this

Cheaper options for buffet’s

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Have a look at the tickets site, shows you the offering at each hospitality unit
    As an example the “Tornadoes” is £2,500 for the season or around £132 per match. Single options will be much more expensive than this

Includes home domestic cup matches so likely to be closer to £100-110 per game assuming we progress from our league cup group.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

I assume it's the cost of a one off game that the OP is asking, not how much it ends up per game for a season.

Pioneer sounds like the option that most equates to the old hospitality offering. In my head that was about £120 to go to for one game. It will be interesting to see how it compares now once they release more pricing details.
    Mon the Hibs.