hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What attributes were Hibs looking for in a manager?

If it is Lee Johnson, as seems likely, what attributes do you think Hibs were looking for in a manager.?

It isn’t obvious to me from his wikipedia page so I’m curious as to what the strengths are that Johnson has. What do you think?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheap and can talk ronspeak... that all important matchday experience

A nodding dug that’ll toe the party line?

A guy who left his last team 3rd in League one and the team befote that 8th in the Championship, with a reputation for delevoping players and playing attacking football. I can see why they went for him.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Didn't have a job.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know some people are disappointed it’s not an exciting name, but think rationally for a bit, Hibs is a decent job and many people would be interested , so he must have something about him.

Is he a good man manager? Can he talk a good inspiring game? Does he like to play attacking football? Is he good bringing through young players? Does he have a good eye in the transfer market? Does he have big ambitions for himself? Is he a good media performer? Will he get the Hibs mentality? Will he love beating Hearts?

For me it’s an open book because I know very little about him or his style. I’m looking forward to finding out.

@hibs.net private member
    A good manager makes the squad greater than its sum of parts. That means playing a system that players can play and fitting round pegs into round holes and motivating them to do as well as they can individually which having a formation that promotes our strengths and tries to mitigate against our weaknesses. In time they can mould players into different positions and systems and add to the squad but initially they have to work with what is there.

They should have the ability to make fans see what the general plan is by telling them and then backing that up with performances on the pitch. It won't always work but we need to see the effort being displayed to make it work.

I also want a manager to have lots of different routines for set plays. That should include different movements, short, long, blocking off etc and a signal to make sure everyone knows their role. We nearly scored with one recently and it is unforgivable the amount of time we seem to just chuck the ball in and hope for the best. Throw ins etc should all have a few different plans updated often so we can keep good possession.

Any of the candidates should be able to fulfil my criteria and they will need some luck and their skills and experience to be a success.