hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time For Unity

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts seem to be delighted by what Robbie Neilson has achieved this season. As do Motherwell fans with Alexander, United fans with Courts, Ross County with Mackay. If as rumoured, Lee is an old pal of Robbie, and was heavily guided by RN prior to interview, then maybe he has a head start on previous coaches in terms of where we need to improve.

I’m a bit suspicious of the large number of ‘Hibs Fans’ telling us that they will not be supporting the club anymore. But they apparently are so obsessed with Hibs supporters’ forums that they need to log on every single day to tell the rest of us that we are blind fools for supporting our club through a rough patch?
    Nail on the head ! 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Hearts seem to be delighted by what Robbie Neilson has achieved this season. As do Motherwell fans with Alexander, United fans with Courts, Ross County with Mackay. If as rumoured, Lee is an old pal of Robbie, and was heavily guided by RN prior to interview, then maybe he has a head start on previous coaches in terms of where we need to improve.

I’m a bit suspicious of the large number of ‘Hibs Fans’ telling us that they will not be supporting the club anymore. But they apparently are so obsessed with Hibs supporters’ forums that they need to log on every single day to tell the rest of us that we are blind fools for supporting our club through a rough patch?
    Yes think there are many moany Hibs fans some who love trolling however no doubt in my mind a fair number of probably yams pretending to be Hibees relentlessly stirring the negative pot

@hibs.net private member
    I’m looking forward to him starting now, hearing what he has to say and the rebuild beginning, I think if u take LJ’s managerial record and stand it up against anyone else’s outside the OF then you can see it’s a good appointment.

This whole process has really shown up the MSM towards us though stirring the pot as much as possible like some big joke to them so hopefully we can get motoring early and really stick to them next season

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Regardless of who the manager is our fortunes or failures will be decided by the recruitment this summer.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Aye FFS. 3rd tier English League manager is that our ambition ?

Yes am sure we'll all get behind him but for me mediocrity yet again from the board. Very underwhelming imo.

Quite clearly you won’t be getting behind him as your mind is already made up.

The attitude of fans does have an important role to play. Time for a reality check I think.

Fed up of ‘let’s get behind the new manager bull****’

If the rumours are true who the new manager is then it’s just another 12-18 project that will be a failure. Clubs not gone in the right direction again.
    Pathetic

Would have to be sad to not want any new manager to succeed at Hibs.

I understand being underwhelmed like I was a little when the strong reports it will be Johnson but let's all get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Pathetic
    Why’s it pathetic because my opinion differs to yours ? We’ll soon see won’t we.
    I’ll be behind the new manager whoever he or she is

Really don't get all this clamour to appoint JDT.
    If he was appointed and was reasonably successful, he would just jump ship as he would clearly be using Hibs as a stepping stone, evidenced by his reluctance to accept long contract & over inflated wage / coaching staff.
    Johnston on the other hand, keen to manage our club, only too happy to stay around to get us back to top 4 status & wants to do it by playing fast, attacking football.
    I for one am impressed with him & am sure he will produce the goods.
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 19-05-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Intelligence? Were you involved in the interview process? do you know what was said? do you know whether the club has sounded out other football people (as clubs often do) to get an independent view of a potential candidate? do you know what players that worked under him at other clubs think of him?

We have previously had an ex captain of England national team captain our club, the previous manager and captain of Celtic, and neither would be deemed as successful.

As for the Hearts nonsense, this is the tabloids pushing everyones buttons -"Hearts Ace" - 4 bloody games he played for them but as others have pointed out we have a long list of people at our club who have been associated with theirs over the years and some will go down in our history as legends.
    Keep the heid pal, FFS.

The "vocal" fan quote I called out, because it's patronising as it's straight out of David Forsyth's playbook because that's where it came from, placed on his behalf by a piss poor journalist.

Why this guy's still involved at Easter Road is utterly beyond me.

And naw, I wasn't involved in the interview process; I'm not bowled over by the guy, but I'm willing to give him a chance. The ex-Jambo thing I never mentioned, and it doesn't bother me either so I'm sure what you're driving at???

Now excuse me while I go and renew my season ticket.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Why’s it pathetic because my opinion differs to yours ? We’ll soon see won’t we.
    I’ll be behind the new manager whoever he or she is
    You are spot on mate. Whatever your view, it's your view, and be proud to give it. This place is getting unbearable by folk claiming to be the the oracle.

If folk disagree, then let them give some reasoning behind their view. A response of 'pathetic ' is just p1sh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    You are spot on mate. Whatever your view, it's your view, and be proud to give it. This place is getting unbearable by folk claiming to be the the oracle.

If folk disagree, then let them give some reasoning behind their view. A response of 'pathetic ' is just p1sh.
    I can understand these type of responses. They are emotional, rather than intellectual. There’s a growing intolerance from the boardroom through the staff and now large sections of the support of ‘fans’ posting negatively on everything the club is doing at the moment.

I’m hoping that we all calm the **** doon and regain a sense of unity. A summer of infighting will do us no end of harm. On the other hand, pulling together when the going is tough sounds like a more satisfying prospect.

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread. Count me in!!

To be honest, I was impressed with his interview.

He's an experienced manager who wants to be here,done really well at Bristol city and reasonably well at Sunderland.

Let's let the man get on with his job first and see where we go💚

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Really don't get all this clamour to appoint JDT.
    If he was appointed and was reasonably successful, he would just jump ship as he would clearly be using Hibs as a stepping stone, evidenced by his reluctance to accept long contract & over inflated wage / coaching staff.
    Johnston on the other hand, keen to manage our club, only too happy to stay around to get us back to top 4 status & wants to do it by playing fast, attacking football.
    I for one am impressed with him & am sure he will produce the goods.
    i don’t get it either, particularly as most of his proponents had probably never heard of JDT till a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve seen a lot of managers come and go, i hope it works out and we can have a period of stability which is more likely to lead to sustainable success imo. We can’t continue to unleash the lynch mob every time a manager hits a rocky patch.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yes think there are many moany Hibs fans some who love trolling however no doubt in my mind a fair number of probably yams pretending to be Hibees relentlessly stirring the negative pot
    You’re forever calling folk on here out as being Hearts fans. Have you ever been right about it?

We’re negative at times because we care.

Just because you say nice things about Hibs players doesn’t make you a better fan. You were telling us that the players signed in January would all make a difference given time. They didn’t.

You’ll notice nobody gives guys like you a hard time or call you trolls or whatever. Why is it ok for you to call us names just because we have a different take on things than you?

@hibs.net private member

Time For Unity

This “unity” call is going well I see !

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This “unity” call is going well I see !
    I shouldn't have bothered lol

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Pretty much everyone on here has said they will get behind LJ now that he’s been appointed.

So, we’re unified on that at least!

We’re just arguing amongst ourselves about nowt really

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Pretty much everyone on here has said they will get behind LJ now that he’s been appointed.

So, we’re unified on that at least!

We’re just arguing amongst ourselves about nowt really
    No we're not

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I shouldn't have bothered lol
    Whilst acknowledging that all fans have a right to express their views, negative or otherwise, you'd think the doom merchants would have just left this thread alone. But no, they seek out every opportunity to vent their anger and disappointment at the club. There's enough threads already for that. I notice an increase in defectors to the bounce recently, most giving the negativity here as their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It’s good that folk won’t turn up because of what they think might happen eh?

Maybe if the fans rallied round it would help? Or is that too radical?
    Bordering on heresy!