hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time For Unity

Time For Unity

Let's put this arguing over the manager to bed. It's done. Regardless of who you wanted it to be lets give the guy a chance. This isn't some rookie we've appointed. Big summer ahead. The recruitment and preperations for the new season need to be spot on and we really need to get behind the team and the new manager. This could be the start of something really good at Hibs.
    Last edited by Since452; 18-05-2022 at 11:38 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's put this arguing over the manager to bed. It's done. Regardless of who you wanted to it to be lets give the guy a chance. This isn't some rookie we've appointed. Big summer ahead. The recruitment and preperations for the new season need to be spot on and we really need to get behind the team and the new manager. This could be the start of something really good at Hibs.
    Absolutely correct we've had good ones and bad ones recently let's get behind the guy and see what he can do

Fed up of ‘let’s get behind the new manager bull****’

If the rumours are true who the new manager is then it’s just another 12-18 project that will be a failure. Clubs not gone in the right direction again.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by half pint View Post

if the rumours are true who the new manager is then it’s just another 12-18 project that will be a failure. Clubs not gone in the right direction again.
    ffs
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

If the rumours are true who the new manager is then it’s just another 12-18 project that will be a failure. Clubs not gone in the right direction again.
    So we shouldn't get behind him then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    So we shouldn't get behind him then?
    Aye FFS. 3rd tier English League manager is that our ambition ?

Yes am sure we'll all get behind him but for me mediocrity yet again from the board. Very underwhelming imo.

I admire your enthusiasm, but for me the appointment of Lee Johnson/Jamie Mcallister does nothing For me. No amount of forthcoming bull**** from Ben Kensall and the new management team will convince me that this is an ambitious appointment. I renewed my season ticket last week and will support the players on the park, but I fear many other fans just won't bother, desparately dissapointing.
    Last edited by leith lynx; 18-05-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm, but for me the appointment of Lee Johnson/Jamie Mcallister does nothing For me. No amount of forthcoming bull**** from Ben Kensall and the new management team will convince me that this is an ambitious appointment. I renewed my season ticket last week and will support the players on the park, but I fear many other fans just won't bother, desparately dissapointing.
    It’s where am at.

I’ll renew in the next week or so, meantime if the club do read any of these messages/replies on here can you please stop feeding crap to the press re “vocal” fans, etc and credit us with a wee bit more intelligence to see through bull**** like that?

Cheers in advance.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Aye FFS. 3rd tier English League manager is that our ambition ?

Yes am sure we'll all get behind him but for me mediocrity yet again from the board. Very underwhelming imo.
    He managed Bristol City in the Championship for 4 years.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    I have to agree and I am somewhat deflated, from Kean to JDT, then we end up with ah well it is Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    It’s where am at.

I’ll renew in the next week or so, meantime if the club do read any of these messages/replies on here can you please stop feeding crap to the press re “vocal” fans, etc and credit us with a wee bit more intelligence to see through bull**** like that?

Cheers in advance.
    Intelligence? Were you involved in the interview process? do you know what was said? do you know whether the club has sounded out other football people (as clubs often do) to get an independent view of a potential candidate? do you know what players that worked under him at other clubs think of him?

We have previously had an ex captain of England national team captain our club, the previous manager and captain of Celtic, and neither would be deemed as successful.

As for the Hearts nonsense, this is the tabloids pushing everyones buttons -"Hearts Ace" - 4 bloody games he played for them but as others have pointed out we have a long list of people at our club who have been associated with theirs over the years and some will go down in our history as legends.

I think you will find most fans will get behind the new manager.

But the fans are angry about the lack of any ambition. I certainly am and anger turns to apathy very quickly.

This is where we are. Crowds are dire and there is a real risk they won’t improve (certainly season tickets).

Our highly paid CEO will have his work cut out getting fans excited about next season.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Unity?

The guy who Arsenal dumped?

GTFF

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Whilst I will get behind the new manager and ofcourse the team, can anyone here in all honesty say that Lee Johnston is an upgrade on Jack Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I think you will find most fans will get behind the new manager.

But the fans are angry about the lack of any ambition. I certainly am and anger turns to apathy very quickly.

This is where we are. Crowds are dire and there is a real risk they won’t improve (certainly season tickets).

Our highly paid CEO will have his work cut out getting fans excited about next season.
    This is it for me. It’s not as if folk want us to be crap or want Johnson to fail. It’s just that his appointment is going to do nothing to enthuse an already pissed off support. If he goes on to get us playing well and getting results folk will start to change their view. But there isn’t going to be folk rushing to get to ER for the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Whilst I will get behind the new manager and ofcourse the team, can anyone here in all honesty say that Lee Johnston is an upgrade on Jack Ross?
    Hard to tell. I'm a big fan of Jack Ross and Johnson had a better record at Sunderland so i'm hopeful. He's certianly more experienced than Ross at a higher level.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yip! That's what I think too. A move sideways and not a step forward as I see it. Anyway no Hibs fan can change it. Maybe Lee Johnson's management will turn out to be a pleasant surprise. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Inconsequential; 18-05-2022 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Adjustment

Depends on the style of football he plays, apparently. If it's attacking then, aye, he probably is. I haven't seen Johnson manage in Scotland. I've seen Ross manage in England. Johnson has a better record there than Ross. Based on that evidence, (as I would suggest it's more reliable than conjecture) then I would say yes.

We need to back the manager but the club needs to back him too or we will be here in ten months again.

That's most managers at Hibs. Don't beat Hearts and oot the door.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Unified tonight by a Rangers defeat 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    We need to back the manager but the club needs to back him too or we will be here in ten months again.
    Yup.

I genuinely think it’s difficult to judge Maloney on his time at Hibs. The squad he was left with was a shambles.

If Johnson or whoever gets the job isn’t backed and has a squad of a similar standard to this then they’re on a hiding to nothing.

We desperately need some good players or else we’ll be dug meat again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    But there isn’t going to be folk rushing to get to ER for the start of next season.
    It’s good that folk won’t turn up because of what they think might happen eh?

Maybe if the fans rallied round it would help? Or is that too radical?

Hard to say, however JR was very defence minded wheras, if reports are correct Johnston, prefers to attack.
    Even if they are equal in skill as managers, that difference will do for me.
    Just like Keegan at Newcastle, you score 3 - we'll score 4. Like it.
    Board have already stated they know areas we have to improve on & that the new manager will be backed with players moving on and (hopefully better) new arrivals in.
    Marshall is a good start I'd say.
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 18-05-2022 at 11:19 PM.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

You'll not be missed.

All that's being asked here is that folk get behind the new manager as he starts the job .... I keep hearing folk going on about a mediocre appointment, well from what I've seen over the last few weeks perhaps that's entirely in keeping because this club doesn't half have a whole load of mediocre fans.

Not an appointment to set the pulse racing but I'd be pretty confident LJ is a better coach than most others in our league. If he can bring in 5 or 6 first-team ready new faces and doesn't suffer the wretched luck we've had with injuries this season then we should be okay.
    The "12-18 month experiment" comment is probably accurate even if it's not what was intended.
    If we struggle in that time, he gets binned. If he gets us flying up the league, he'll get poached back down to England.

Hearts seem to be delighted by what Robbie Neilson has achieved this season. As do Motherwell fans with Alexander, United fans with Courts, Ross County with Mackay. If as rumoured, Lee is an old pal of Robbie, and was heavily guided by RN prior to interview, then maybe he has a head start on previous coaches in terms of where we need to improve.

I’m a bit suspicious of the large number of ‘Hibs Fans’ telling us that they will not be supporting the club anymore. But they apparently are so obsessed with Hibs supporters’ forums that they need to log on every single day to tell the rest of us that we are blind fools for supporting our club through a rough patch?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    All that's being asked here is that folk get behind the new manager as he starts the job .... I keep hearing folk going on about a mediocre appointment, well from what I've seen over the last few weeks perhaps that's entirely in keeping because this club doesn't half have a whole load of mediocre fans.
    Absolutely agree sometimes fans end up with the team they deserve

I have a feeling the club are really going to make up for the past 12 months. Exciting summer ahead.