Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Deh ken mate, I just think supporting a fitba club should involve more of a commitment than spitting the dummy and walking away after one bad season.

In fact I don't think it should ever involve walking away, supporting your club shouldn't be a simple matter of going to games when the product is good and stopping going when it isn't .... as I've said many times, if there's one factor that entitles fitba fans to justified righteous indignation whenever some owner or CEO stupidly refers to them as 'customers' it's the fact that they stick with their clubs even when the product is pish ..... it's the single biggest factor that justifies fans being able to say 'we are the club' ..... lose that part of football supporter culture then all we become is 'customers' of a business as if we were shoppers at TESCO or ASDA who decide to shop at Aldi coz they are cheaper and have a better car park, with absolutely no thought whatsoever as to whether the lack of our presence will put TESCO or ASDA out of business.
If all of what you say were true, every club's fanbase would remain constant season after season.

They rarely do though, unless you're winning everything in sight.

Play well and win, the crowds go up. Lose, they go down.

It's always been this way. Even back in the amazing 50s or 70s or to the year dot.

We're no different to any other fan base.

Logging on here and reading negative stuff about our owners or players isn't the problem. It's the needless arguing between posters.

You can disagree with someone on their view about LJ or RG or whoever, but there's absolutely no need for posters to be calling others names or clueless or whatever just because they see things differently. This isn't directed at you, just an observation.

You're clearly very passionate about what it means to be a Hibs fan. I guess I just don't feel it as strongly as you. Still a Hibs fan though.