hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tribute to Absent Friends

A nice touch and should be done every season at the end of the calendar year and the end of the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Hibs haven’t got much right this season… but that was class

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs haven’t got much right this season… but that was class
    Is there a recording if it anywhere, someone was standing in front of me, couldn’t see the screens properly

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Was very moving when I saw the picture of an ex-colleague, who I used to catch up with every now and again at ER. Something we should definitely do every year.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is there a recording if it anywhere, someone was standing in front of me, couldn’t see the screens properly
    On the Hibs YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/m1PcJDRSvGc

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Just watched it. 😢 Touch of class from Hibs. Thoughts with all who lost loved ones this season. 💚

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Never let it be said that this beloved club of ours lacks class when it really matters. Well done Hibs and for the person who chose the song for backing - Bravo! - nothing else could have been so fitting.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    That is perfect, a moving and fitting tribute.

God bless those family, friends and fellow Hibbies we have lost in the last year.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Was brilliantly done, really sensitively handled.

Well done to those who made it happen.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Was quite emotional actually, saw a few that I knew and one or two that had passed last year that I had lost touch with a few years ago 😔

Thought it was really well done today, a lovely tribute.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Was very emotional. Especially when my good pal who passed a few weeks ago popped up on it.

Should definitely do it every year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Lovely tribute to the Hi-bees in heaven, live life to the fullest guys, it's later than you think, well done Hibs.

Puts so much into perspective. We don’t know how lucky we are

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Just saw someone that I didn’t know had passed away 😢

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Excellent idea and handled perfectly.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    I thought the start of today's game was brilliant albeit in a heart breaking way. as another poster said it put things into perspective and between the absent friends and Dnipro kids I think it showed that football is a big thing and goes beyond the four corners of ER. It was good covering those lost over a number of years but I think in future I would contain it to those that had been lost since the last time. Hopefully that will be the end of the applause during matches and we can all take part in an emotional end of season farewell.

I hope I don't upset anyone by writing this but I'd rather see the club do this than have the crowd applaud during a game.

This is obviously just one guy's opinion but... I don't feel right marking somebody's sad passing while the game is in progress and everybody immediately reverts to singing/moaning/screaming abuse immediately afterward.

It just seems so much more respectful the way it was done today and I think this should be the norm.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    That was incredibly well done. That along with the Dnipro kids and I had tears running down my face. Hibs make me greet often but this was for all the right reasons

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    That was incredibly well done. That along with the Dnipro kids and I had tears running down my face. Hibs make me greet often but this was for all the right reasons
    Wept like a kid at the game and again watching it in house fantastic gesture and the music was a so well suited.Well done Hibernian

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    Just watched it and that was class. Well done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Very emotional

Saw a friend that passed a few weeks past and was so pleased he was included

A nicer guy you could not hope to meet

A fitting tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I hope I don't upset anyone by writing this but I'd rather see the club do this than have the crowd applaud during a game.

This is obviously just one guy's opinion but... I don't feel right marking somebody's sad passing while the game is in progress and everybody immediately reverts to singing/moaning/screaming abuse immediately afterward.

It just seems so much more respectful the way it was done today and I think this should be the norm.
    Completely agree.

Hopefully (and I mean in this in the most respectful and sensitive way possible) today's initiative is carried forward into future seasons and it sees the end of the weekly (sometimes twice weekly) minute's applause on a particular minute.

I appreciate it's a sensitive topic but I think the way it was done today is the best way to deal with the passing of supporters.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I showed it to a woman friend of mine earlier, it moved her to tears, the music was very apt.

Well done Hibs and all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Absolutely agree, much better.

Only negative comment I could make on the HT tribute was the speed that the photos were displayed at made it impossible to read each dedication. Appreciate time constraints of HT interval, but some people had clearly put effort into sending in words that deserved to be read. Maybe in future limiting wording on each one to name, dates, etc would be appropriate, to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Only negative comment I could make on the HT tribute was the speed that the photos were displayed at made it impossible to read each dedication. Appreciate time constraints of HT interval, but some people had clearly put effort into sending in words that deserved to be read. Maybe in future limiting wording on each one to name, dates, etc would be appropriate, to avoid this?
    Yep agreed. Was great today but deserved longer on the screens nowhere near anough the time to read the tribute - didn't manage to catch in full the one I was looking out for.

Lump in the throat watching that.

Very emotional.

Well done Hibs.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member

I would have been a weeping wreck if I had time to read every word, so in a way I am grateful they were only up for a short time. I would standardise the format and limit the wording for the on the day of remembrance(photo, name or Dad, Mum etc and then date they passed) and then let more words on the one produced for Youtube and perhaps a little story of a favourite Hibs moment or similar to create a history of supporters memories in the same way the one was done after the cup win.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero

The photos were up for a bit longer before the game, the announcer read out each name as well.

I thought the tribute was excellent. It was very emotional to see my cousin who passed away last year - I hadn’t seen him for a long long time, but when we were younger I used to go to Easter Road with him and his brother.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    It was very emotional. I had sent in my Grandad’s photo and even though I knew it was coming up it still hit me hard. It was very well done.