hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to find a way to compete with Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Ross County etc before we can even think about Hearts. Depressing stuff.
    So much doom and gloom. We’ve had a pretty bad season but we will have a new manager who I think will be given more funds than we have seen for a long time to strengthen. No reason at all that we won’t bounce back and benefit from rangers success.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Not petty at all. Why would any normal person want a bunch of racists to win anything
    Well, you’d think that. Some folk want a racist as our manager though so who knows

First Team Regular
    #wearellsevilletouristboard

@hibs.net private member
    Probably in the minority here but fair play to them. Still despise them though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Think we are looking at this wrong. If they lose then reckon hearts have a better chance if beating them. Think of how much they will be buzzing if they win.
    Unfortunately they will still be steaming when they play Hearts if they win

As long as they don’t let them win the Scottish, I don’t really care what they do. Does it affect my day to day life. Nope.

@hibs.net private member
    I want them to lose every game

Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    I have just read loads of comments on Facebook congratulating Rangers on their win (even from Celtic fans).

I know this is the height of pettiness but I cannot force one brain cell to feel positive about Rangers succeeding in any way. I don't even want to see them win a throw-in, never mind a major trophy 🤣

I'd be interested to know how others feel about it?
    It's clearly a major achievement for a Scottish team to get to a European final and it seems (going by the highlights I saw) that they deserve to be there, so well done to them.
    They actually have a decent chance of winning the thing, Eintracht will be tough to be beat, but no less so than Dortmund and RB ... think I'll be watching -
    Would be good "for Scotland" if the Glasgow team wins ... just hope their fans can "behave" themselves regardless of the outcome.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    So Celtic & Rangers could earn up to £40m from their Champions League run next season and Hearts over £5m from their Europa League involvement. Can someone explain to me how this is good for Hibs please cos as far as I can see, it’s an unmitigated disaster.
    I think top-flight clubs get around £400k for Rangers run in Europe. So that's something at least.

I want that vile institution battered in the final just like i wanted them battered last night. Celebrating that bigot Bell before the game? Do me a favour. Absolutley inevitable they will trash Seville and embarrass themselves and Scotland. The next game of football that horrible club play is a game too many for me. Congratulate them? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    We need to find a way to compete with Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Ross County etc before we can even think about Hearts. Depressing stuff.
    The mighty Hearts who have 3rd place down up for the foreseeable future were struggling their way through the Championship & unable to get on the same park as those teams a year ago, never mind compete with them, now they are world beaters to some. FFS things change quickly, unless they win the cup (unlikely) they've had a season less impressive than our (instantly forgettable) one last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I want that vile institution battered in the final just like i wanted them battered last night. Celebrating that bigot Bell before the game? Do me a favour. Absolutley inevitable they will trash Seville and embarrass themselves and Scotland. The next game of football that horrible club play is a game too many for me. Congratulate them? Not a chance.
    Summed up perfectly for me.

I honestly tried to respect their efforts last night, but then the camera went round the crowd and I heard what the vast majority where singing. Brought up RC and went to school in the west of Scotland as a kid, I just cant feel happy for anyone/thing connected to that club.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    The potential of two Scottish clubs (even if it's THOSE clubs) being automatically in the group stages of Europe's elite competition is an incredible achievement for a supposed footballing backwater. They deserve credit for getting there, especially when you compare their finances to those of most clubs they've come up against this season (ironic, I know).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    I personally hope they get battered. On and off the pitch.

Easier when you have 20 x the budget of other Scottish clubs. Hearts and Dundee United will be out Europe at the first hurdle next season albeit Hearts will be in the groups.
    Hearts still need to get through a playoff round first though no?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Hearts still need to get through a playoff round first though no?
    Nope, either way they will get a group stage.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...-dates-3681540

Playoff round for the Europa League but if they lose that they go into the Group stages of the Europa Conference.

Sucks.

Rangers win the EL on Wednesday 18th of May

Tired and partied out they then play a well rested Hearts in the cup final on Saturday 21st of May……

Sunday 22nd of May I might try following cricket or ballet instead of football for a while.

**** them.

I hope they lose in the final, I hope there are baggage handlers strikes so some flights get cancelled, I hope they have to queue for hours at the airport to pass through customs, I hope it rains every day they are away and I hope the Spanish riot police get the water canons, dogs and batons out.

I don't care how good it supposedly is for Scottish football, I take no solace in that. Hibs aren't going to benefit anytime soon whilst Rangers, Celtic and Hearts will.

To reiterate, **** them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

https://twitter.com/HooligansTV_eu/s...N6vFx6y2w&s=19
    Rangers europa final opponents had this at the semi against West Ham. I predict a riot at the final.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

I don't think we'll be anywhere near Hearts for the foreseeable future. They can now blow us out the water financially. 3rd is there's for a while unfortunately due to the absolute disaster summer window.
    Utter nonsense imo and a ***** attitude to have

Not that you're not entitled to it btw

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Seville is a beautiful city - hope it stays that way. Real shame for the residents of Seville that Rangers won.

We're all Eagles for the day

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I want them to lose every game
    Except a cup final against Hearts surly😉

**** them and all who sail in them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    So much doom and gloom. We’ve had a pretty bad season but we will have a new manager who I think will be given more funds than we have seen for a long time to strengthen. No reason at all that we won’t bounce back and benefit from rangers success.
    Correct, consistently complaining about Rangers and Celtic success instead of endeavouring to compete, time Hibs got off their kness and grew a pair.

I don't think we'll be anywhere near Hearts for the foreseeable future. They can now blow us out the water financially. 3rd is there's for a while unfortunately due to the absolute disaster summer window.
    No really. They’ve guaranteed around the same as we got for Boyle in January, in qualifying for Europe. So we’re not far of being in the same position against them, financially, as we usually are.

We’ve shown we’ll spend money (we’ve probably outspent them on transfer fees this year) we just need to start spending what we spend properly.

Testimonial Due
    Good for Scottish football but I fear for the people of Seville. Such a beautiful city with rich culture soon to be visited by the currant buns.