Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Well done for getting to the final

2. Log in to remove the advert

Getting to a final on their 10th anniversary is quite an achievement.😁

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting to a final on their 10th anniversary is quite an achievement.😁
    Whoever won last night was going to be a wonderful achievement. The two youngest teams in the tournament getting to the semi final was a bit of a fairytale..............

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    So Celtic & Rangers could earn up to £40m from their Champions League run next season and Hearts over £5m from their Europa League involvement. Can someone explain to me how this is good for Hibs please cos as far as I can see, it’s an unmitigated disaster.
    We can easily get that £5million position with a good season

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Ah ok. So even getting up to 6th would only really benefit the OF due to the second CL space and it would give 4th and 5th place a couple of qualifying ties at most before getting papped out. 3rd would stay the same as it is.

Mon the Frankfurt then.
    Getting to 6th would get us a third champions League place. But it's never going to happen - we'd have to overtake Portugal and the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    We can easily get that £5million position with a good season
    I don't think we'll be anywhere near Hearts for the foreseeable future. They can now blow us out the water financially. 3rd is there's for a while unfortunately due to the absolute disaster summer window.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I have rangers supporting friends who don’t believe me when I say I’m happy to see them get there.
    I’ve wound them up at every opportunity over the last ten years,it’s an incredible achievement in this day and age to see a team from the spl go to a European cup final.
    No sure I’m ready for the attitude of the majority in their support if they lift the cup though.
    As long as they leave something in the tank for the jambos on may 21st I can maybe stomach them lifting it dare I say.😬
    That's where I'm at, maybe with a slightly less positive word than "happy" though.

Think it's good overall for Scotland/our game and an incredible achievement that someone from our league has got to a final. My only reservation is around the behaviour of their fans win or lose.

The most important thing is they beat hearts 3 days later.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't think we'll be anywhere near Hearts for the foreseeable future. They can now blow us out the water financially. 3rd is there's for a while unfortunately due to the absolute disaster summer window.
    Remember it’s tough playing midweek/Sunday. Unless they have a massive squad, injuries etc can take their toll

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Getting to 6th would get us a third champions League place. But it's never going to happen - we'd have to overtake Portugal and the Netherlands
    It looks like we're too far away now, but another 4 years of reasonable success as a collective nation in Europe would see us right up there. For example, we lose 6.75 coefficient points in 23/24 but Portugal lose 10.9 so that brings us 4.15 closer already.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I would have said that about us a year ago. Things can change quickly in football, especially Scottish football outside of Glasgow.

that said, they are in a great position to strengthen and increase the gap. Hibs have really f***ed up these last 12 months

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Nah , with the right manager and some good signings, 3rd will be a realistic finish for us . Throw in they will be playing and travelling up until Xmas .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Isn't Seville famous for oranges? Ergo there's loads of orange men there? They should fit right in. Hope they get pumped!

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Rangers, lose to Frankfurt then pump the Hearts please🙏

Here's hoping they get over confident thinking it's only Frankfurt.

Not seen any of there Europa games to see how they have set up, can anyone confirm this for me?

Just looked at the stats for last night and look like they had much more of the ball than west Ham and created chance's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    No, stop it, their reaching the final does F.A. for Hibs and the rest of Scottish football. I really hope they suffer heartbreak but don't destroy Seville in the same way they ruined Manchester in 2008.
    They will smash up Seville no matter what happens. It’s just what they do.

Wir Sind Alle Frankfurt.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇩🇪

Playing a German team in a Catholic country? What could go wrong here?

Pray for Seville, police will do well to keep both sides separated as Eintract fans are a bit more wild than Rangers previous German opposition

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Wanting them to win or lose doesn't take away from the fact that it is fair achievement for them to get this far.

Think we are looking at this wrong. If they lose then reckon hearts have a better chance if beating them. Think of how much they will be buzzing if they win.

With European football next season I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle a bit in the league, Scottish teams outwith the OF often do.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I wouldn't be overly skeptical about it, there's every chance they could have as ***** a season as we do next season and the tables turn.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Think we are looking at this wrong. If they lose then reckon hearts have a better chance if beating them. Think of how much they will be buzzing if they win.
    I think it will be the opposite tbh. Lose and they’ll be desperate to finish the season with something at hampden.

win, with all the emotion and celebrations and the inevitable tiredness of such a long campaign, and I think they’ll be more than slightly off their game on the Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    They'll beat Hearts either way. The best result for Hearts would have been them going out last night, then losing the league and going in to the game on a low ebb.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I think it will be the opposite tbh. Lose and they’ll be desperate to finish the season with something at hampden.

win, with all the emotion and celebrations and the inevitable tiredness of such a long campaign, and I think they’ll be more than slightly off their game on the Saturday
    Chance of doing a cup double, I don't know. Don't think any of their players or manager were nominated for the yearly awards and that they all went to celtic. Imagine winning both trophies and not being named maager of the year lol.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    I have just read loads of comments on Facebook congratulating Rangers on their win (even from Celtic fans).

I know this is the height of pettiness but I cannot force one brain cell to feel positive about Rangers succeeding in any way. I don't even want to see them win a throw-in, never mind a major trophy 🤣

I'd be interested to know how others feel about it?
    Not petty at all. Why would any normal person want a bunch of racists to win anything

Still quite remarkable Boyle scored 3 and we beat them at Hampden in the semi.

One of favourite ever Hibs games but feels like a long time ago.

Think we were the last Scottish team to beat them apart from Celtic.

Hearts haven’t beaten them in Glasgow since August 2014.

First Team Breakthrough
    Cannae stand them and don't want them to win but also have to acknowledge they have been very good in Europe and have earned their place in the final.

Their support should be banned from going though after Manchester.

Bet the locals of Seville are wincing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhorn View Post
    Cannae stand them and don't want them to win but also have to acknowledge they have been very good in Europe and have earned their place in the final.

Their support should be banned from going though after Manchester.

Bet the locals of Seville are wincing.

I would strongly advise any of them that Glasgow will be a great city break location on the 3 days or so that its bluenosed occupants will be drinking their cerveza and pissing in their fountains.

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I would have said that about us a year ago. Things can change quickly in football, especially Scottish football outside of Glasgow.

that said, they are in a great position to strengthen and increase the gap. Hibs have really f***ed up these last 12 months
    We need to find a way to compete with Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Ross County etc before we can even think about Hearts. Depressing stuff.